EA Forums - Banner

Crashing problem!

I'm very sorry for your loss. If you search on this forum, you'll find many like you and unfortunately you'll also find out that EA doesn't really respond. My best answer for you from what I've read, go to EA's Facebook and find their support email. Email them and wait for a response. That is seriously the best way to contact them.

EA doesn't even moderate this forum.

p.s: when you say log out, you mean log out from origin? or...? If your town is very big, that could be the issue. It's been known that the game cannot support super large Springfields. Especially that complicated ones that have hedge mazes etc.

Replies

• kierown1k
    12 posts
    edited October 2012
    yes ive tried logging out from origin and this did not help, also my springfield is quite large and complex with probably 300+ hedges, many trees ect.. will deleting some of these items eliminate my problem?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    kierown1k wrote:
    yes ive tried logging out from origin and this did not help, also my springfield is quite large and complex with probably 300+ hedges, many trees ect.. will deleting some of these items eliminate my problem?

It has been suggested that doing so *might* help. No guarantees, of course. Not a very palatable solution for anyone who has spent a lot of time and effort decorating their town.

See this thread.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9050939.page
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited October 2012
    Honestly, no guarantees but you could try. It's probably the next thing you could try doing before you start a ticket with EA which will take decades before you even get a response. If you're interested, you could give this thread (url below) a read. Just take a quick look at the first few posts and last few pages. It'll give you a feel on what's going on here.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9030825.page
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited October 2012
    HAHAHAHA!! High five KrustyBrand. We just gave almost the same exact answers. LOL!
  • kierown1k
    12 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hmm, unfortunately i may have to contact ea games considering how i cant stay logged in long enough to try and change anything, game crashes almost instantly after i hit "tap to continue", Thanks anyways,
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    Good news from Apple today, iPad4 is coming early. I had planned on replacing my 1st gen with the 4th gen next spring, based on the previous iPad releases schedule, but now I don't have to wait that long. Pre-orders start on the 26th, delivery on 11/2. The 4th gen iPad has the same A6 chip that the iPhone 5 has, as well as the updated front facing camera, and lightning port.

I haven't crashed at all since I started playing TO exclusively on my 4s, but this is great news as I can now move back to the iPad and get the experience of the larger screen, hopefully without the crashes.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    kierown1k wrote:
    Hmm, unfortunately i may have to contact ea games considering how i cant stay logged in long enough to try and change anything, game crashes almost instantly after i hit "tap to continue", Thanks anyways,

Good luck, but if you're looking for what I sometimes call the "magic bullet" solution from EA, you're almost certain to be disappointed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Nine, I have been following the rumour for a few weeks now and looks like the predictions were right.
    I am planning on passing my IPad 2 to a family member and getting the 4th generation. Not the mini, too small for my Springfield lol. My brother has the third gen. and will not be happy to know they will be fazed out!
    I am not an over night apple camper and will wait. If you get yours first would love to know details. Hopefully it will be compatible to this game.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    nettangel wrote:
    Nine, I have been following the rumour for a few weeks now and looks like the predictions were right.
    I am planning on passing my IPad 2 to a family member and getting the 4th generation. Not the mini, too small for my Springfield lol. My brother has the third gen. and will not be happy to know they will be fazed out!
    I am not an over night apple camper and will wait. If you get yours first would love to know details. Hopefully it will be compatible to this game.

I'm not a camper either. I've never understood those people. You can pre-order online (or over the phone) a week or so ahead of time and have it delivered to your door on the same day it hits stores. What's the point in standing in line for hours or days?

I'll definitely give you an update when I get mine. Hopefully Nov. 2nd if everything goes as planned.

Agree about the 3rd gen people, they're going to be a little disappointed. I almost got the 3rd gen, but decided to hold off for one more year. I'm really happy I did that now. I read somewhere that if you bought a 3rd gen from Apple recently (last 30 days?), they would exchange it for the 4th gen.

I think Apple got the 4 out early for a couple of reasons, one being to get the iPad in line for the holiday season every year, which is a good idea if you ask me. The other is to combat the Windows tablet that's coming soon. It was suspected that the Windows tablet would get a boost because it was being released during an off cycle for the iPad, but by moving the 4th gen up, they are cornering the holiday market, and really throwing a wrench in the Windows tablet's plans.

I feel the same way about the mini, too small for me. I don't need anything in between my iPhone and iPad. But, I do think it will sell well, especially for the younger generation that gets their devices for Xmas. Most parents aren't willing to shell out the cash for a full sized iPad, but I think many of them will be willing to do it for the less expensive mini. The specs on this mini are pretty weak though. I think people who are wanting to get the most out of their money will be better off waiting until the 2nd gen mini arrives a year from now, with retina and a faster chip.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    I ordered my iPad 2 as well, it is only 9 months old! I do want the new one and figured it would be released in March which was the norm in the past. Rumour had it that mini would come out now and four in March, Big surprise to see both today. I think you are right about them trying to topple the competition

My brother has had his for about 6 months, too bad he missed the replacement deadline.

I will search online and see if it is available in my area for delivery. Wonder If they will be limited, hope they have enough to go around.

Good luck, hope you will get one as planned.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    nettangel wrote:
    I ordered my iPad 2 as well, it is only 9 months old! I do want the new one and figured it would be released in March which was the norm in the past. Rumour had it that mini would come out now and four in March, Big surprise to see both today. I think you are right about them trying to topple the competition

My brother has had his for about 6 months, too bad he missed the replacement deadline.

I will search online and see if it is available in my area for delivery. Wonder If they will be limited, hope they have enough to go around.

Good luck, hope you will get one as planned.

It should be available for delivery on the 2nd, provided you get your order in early enough. I'm not sure what kind of stock they have on the 4th gen iPads though, so that's still up in the air and won't really be known for a few days. If it's anything like the iPhone5, you'll want to pre-order at the earliest possible moment, which is midnight PDT on the 26th. In the case of the iPhone5, it was only a few hours after pre-orders opened that people were being told their 5 wouldn't arrive for a couple extra weeks due to back-order. Hopefully they'll have a little more stock for the iPad, though I don't know that they will sellout quite as quickly either.

6 months is about how long my mom has had her 3rd gen iPad as well. I think my dad is probably looking to upgrade his iPad also, and he's not as picky as she is, so maybe he'll just take her 3rd gen and she'll get a new 4th gen also.

I don't foresee this being an issue going forward. I think the iPad is now set with a November release for the foreseeable future. It's tough for them to make a change like that without making some people mad, but that's just the way things go. Apple is trying to maximize their profits on the iPad, and moving it to the holiday season will be a long term benefit for them. It's a change they only have to make once, so hopefully going forward the schedule will be predictable as it has been for the iPhone. I think when they originally released the iPad 2.5 years ago, they didn't know how popular the tablet market would become. Now that they know, they're just tweaking their system.

Good luck to you as well. I hope you're able to get one ASAP. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome device. I've loved my 1st gen since it was released, so I have no qualms about jumping on this one as early as I can.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Nine, I will get on it and hope to get one too. This is by far the best gadget I have used. Haven't touched my DS for a long time and PC is used once in while. This has replaced many things. Truly a great toy eh!

Makes more sense for sure to make it available for gift giving. I just hope they wait a long time before revealing the iPad 5 lol, never ends with apple.

Here's to you and your parents, may you all enjoy your iPads! :D
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    nettangel wrote:
    Thanks Nine, I will get on it and hope to get one too. This is by far the best gadget I have used. Haven't touched my DS for a long time and PC is used once in while. This has replaced many things. Truly a great toy eh!

Makes more sense for sure to make it available for gift giving. I just hope they wait a long time before revealing the iPad 5 lol, never ends with apple.

Here's to you and your parents, may you all enjoy your iPads! :D

Yep, I'm sure they're working on the iPad5 already, but I would be shocked if it's released before this time next year. Kind of had a feeling they were going to bump the 4th gen up to get in line with the holiday market, but now they should be on schedule.

iPhones in October, iPads in November, then they can just watch the cash roll in each holiday season, lol.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    As long as the new one works for this game, I will be happy.
    Generation five will have to wait a long time for me to buy lol.

TTFN
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    nettangel wrote:
    As long as the new one works for this game, I will be happy.
    Generation five will have to wait a long time for me to buy lol.

TTFN

Same here. I likely won't bother with the 5th or 6th gen. I'd like to think I can get 3 years out of a $600-700 device if I get it as soon as it hits stores.

Take care.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey Nine,

I got it!!! Pre order and will be here in a few weeks. Had to stay up until three since it was midnight west coast time when the apple store opened to order. :shock:

Getting the laser engraving on the back and also on the smart case. Nice freebie!
    One line is in honour of Steve Jobs and will be engraved with his last words before he left this world.
    OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW. S.J.

Looking forward to Siri, should be a fun new toy and my son will be happy to get this one.

Nettangel

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.