EA Forums - Banner

Do EA purposefully have the worst developers possible?!?

Prev1
Mate totally agree with you, they probably don't even test it, just throw it out


Mr burns showing homer ea development room
mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381.jpg

Replies

  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Mate totally agree with you, they probably don't even test it, just throw it out


    Mr burns showing homer ea development room
    [snip]http://brokelyn.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381.jpg[/img]
    "And this here, Simpson, is where the EA developers work. Aha! Babo! Release another glitch that will lockout players for weeks!"
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    crosby357 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Mate totally agree with you, they probably don't even test it, just throw it out


    Mr burns showing homer ea development room
    [snip]http://brokelyn.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381.jpg[/img]
    "And this here, Simpson, is where the EA developers work. Aha! Babo! Release another glitch that will lockout players for weeks!"

    Mwahahahhahhahaha
    evil-laugh-gif-tumblr-23.gif
    hCAEE5C3D
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    The spelling errors are just used to make ascents. And what app dosen't have bugs.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The spelling errors are just used to make ascents. And what app dosen't have bugs.

    Your right every app has issues, but not every single update it brings out,maybe a few but not every single time. I mean its too much especially from a well known and funded company,it's just a joke, bet even you can notice how far less buggy old Mario games are compared to new ones. It's because back in the day,real gamers made games and strived to make it the most enjoyable game possible at that present point, now it's marketing managers pretending to be gamers and flogging out quick releases with the rest of the game to get via download,that alone to me is **** concidering how games have sky rocketed in price aswell. IMO with the reputation ea have and funding available,this is real poor, on a lighter note, game itself is fantastic minus the bible sized list of issues.
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    The spelling errors are just used to make ascents. And what app dosen't have bugs.

    Your right every app has issues, but not every single update it brings out,maybe a few but not every single time. I mean its too much especially from a well known and funded company,it's just a joke, bet even you can notice how far less buggy old Mario games are compared to new ones. It's because back in the day,real gamers made games and strived to make it the most enjoyable game possible at that present point, now it's marketing managers pretending to be gamers and flogging out quick releases with the rest of the game to get via download,that alone to me is **** concidering how games have sky rocketed in price aswell. IMO with the reputation ea have and funding available,this is real poor, on a lighter note, game itself is fantastic minus the bible sized list of issues.

    Nope, newer games got bigger and better. And I've noticed a few glitches is Super Mario Bros..
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2013
    I hear ya. And now EA got the Star Wars license, which **** me off the most. They will bring out a row of crapy Star Wars games full of micro transactions :evil:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    The spelling errors are just used to make ascents. And what app dosen't have bugs.

    Your right every app has issues, but not every single update it brings out,maybe a few but not every single time. I mean its too much especially from a well known and funded company,it's just a joke, bet even you can notice how far less buggy old Mario games are compared to new ones. It's because back in the day,real gamers made games and strived to make it the most enjoyable game possible at that present point, now it's marketing managers pretending to be gamers and flogging out quick releases with the rest of the game to get via download,that alone to me is **** concidering how games have sky rocketed in price aswell. IMO with the reputation ea have and funding available,this is real poor, on a lighter note, game itself is fantastic minus the bible sized list of issues.

    Nope, newer games got bigger and better. And I've noticed a few glitches is Super Mario Bros..


    Well that's what I see and what my brother sees and knows, I mean he has only worked for ea here in Melbourne for about 5 years, he wouldn't know much at all hey? He made all the characters for the other simpson game on iPhone where homer beats up agents and what not. Those agents are his OWN design and got approved by the simpsons instantly,homer though was a totally different issue,it took him months to get homer approved as he had to be identicle to the homer we all know. He has told me games are made as quick as possible with minimal testing as that costs more money and fixes issues with dlc, even himself as a game designer thinks the industry has gone to complete crap.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited May 2013
    Is it because the rubbish ones are cheap? We know how money hungry EA are.

    As a software developer, I take offense to threads like this. Bugs happen. Nobody releases perfect code. NOBODY. And while you're whining about "cheap developers", how about you look in the mirror and realize you're crying about a FREE game.
    The amount they are making from this game you would think they wouldn't release so much broken content.

    Please tell me how much they're making off this game. Go ahead. And once you do, feel free to share how much you know about the costs of developing software.
    Snake glitches
    Fixed.
    donut glitches
    Several fixed. (And may I add the biggest Donut Glitch was to the player's benefit)
    eggs disappearing, constantly disconnecting
    Server stability issues have been a problem since day 1. And will always be a potential issue. But I'm judging from the lack of originality in your post you likely haven't been around here long enough to know what it was like when there were ACTUALLY big server problems.
    Agnes & comic book guy task glitch, legs & louie, smithers & burns, texan, glitch glitch after sodding glitch!
    These are all likely the same defect. Since a majority of them involve outdoor tasks between multiple characters.
    Not to mention the amount of spelling errors in the speech bubbles! I've seen tons, the most recent being Agnes saying "tiddy up", is it really that hard to proof read 2 sentences?!?!??!

    "Is" should be capitalized as the start of a new sentence. Also, "proofread" is one word.

    So apparently yes it is.
    EA - plain lazy and greedy.

    That's a sentence fragment.

    Linguo.gif
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2013
    I think it is a bit harsh to blame the devs for the shortcomeings of this game. They are probably understaffed and underpaid. It is the fault of the puplishers, the one who went to buisines school and don't play video games themself. They are the one who give the budget and put pressure on the devs. They are the ones who deside not to test updates and understaff customer support. And guess what? They are the ones makeing all the money and not the devs. The devs are in my oppinion like us, victims of EA's management.
    This is why I stopped buying EA consol games (the same for Activision and Ubisoft) and support better companies like Rockstar, Bethesda, Naughtydog, Valve and others. They truely care about the gamer and not just the money, like the * non gameing managers at EA.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    I think it is a bit harsh to blame the devs for the shortcomeings of this game. They are probably understaffed and underpaid. It is the fault of the puplishers, the one who went to buisines school and don't play video games themself. They are the one who give the budget and put pressure on the devs. They are the ones who deside not to test updates and understaff customer support. And guess what? They are the ones makeing all the money and not the devs. The devs are in my oppinion like us, victims of EA's management.
    This is why I stopped buying EA consol games (the same for Activision and Ubisoft) and support better companies like Rockstar, Bethesda, Naughtydog, Valve and others. They truely care about the gamer and not just the money, like the * non gameing managers at EA.

    Well said
    tumblr_lwgsfj0JN81r8b2rfo1_500.gif
  • Pumptruffles
    30 posts
    edited May 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    Is it because the rubbish ones are cheap? We know how money hungry EA are.

    As a software developer, I take offense to threads like this. Bugs happen. Nobody releases perfect code. NOBODY. And while you're whining about "cheap developers", how about you look in the mirror and realize you're crying about a FREE game.
    The amount they are making from this game you would think they wouldn't release so much broken content.

    Please tell me how much they're making off this game. Go ahead. And once you do, feel free to share how much you know about the costs of developing software.
    Snake glitches
    Fixed.
    donut glitches
    Several fixed. (And may I add the biggest Donut Glitch was to the player's benefit)
    eggs disappearing, constantly disconnecting
    Server stability issues have been a problem since day 1. And will always be a potential issue. But I'm judging from the lack of originality in your post you likely haven't been around here long enough to know what it was like when there were ACTUALLY big server problems.
    Agnes & comic book guy task glitch, legs & louie, smithers & burns, texan, glitch glitch after sodding glitch!
    These are all likely the same defect. Since a majority of them involve outdoor tasks between multiple characters.
    Not to mention the amount of spelling errors in the speech bubbles! I've seen tons, the most recent being Agnes saying "tiddy up", is it really that hard to proof read 2 sentences?!?!??!

    "Is" should be capitalized as the start of a new sentence. Also, "proofread" is one word.

    So apparently yes it is.
    EA - plain lazy and greedy.

    That's a sentence fragment.

    Linguo.gif

    Wow, hit a nerve haven't I!

    Saying I shouldn't complain because it's a free game isn't essentially true now is it? There are people on here who have spent hundreds and hundreds on this game. Some of those even lost their towns and everything they had put into them.

    They made $10 million from this game in March alone, now you're correct, I don't know exactly how much the average software developer earns, but I bet it doesn't even make a dent in those profits.

    I am aware just how long the server problems have been going on, I was locked out of my game for a couple of weeks at one point, and as such I missed the duff racer, a sore point still for me, I have a perfect spot for it and every time I see it I cry a little inside.

    The fact they have fixed some glitches still doesn't, in my opinion, make up for the fact they are there in the first place. It's a basic, 2d game made for mobile phones. If developers release games for the PS3 and other such systems, with little to no problems, how can EA get this so wrong? They still don't bother fixing all of the glitches and don't even communicate with the people buying their games.

    Thanks for correcting my spelling, I wasn't too concerned with it as I am only writing on an internet forum, not releasing my words into the storyline of one of the biggest selling apps of all time.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for correcting my spelling, I wasn't too concerned with it as I am only writing on an internet forum, not releasing my words into the storyline of one of the biggest selling apps of all time.

    Citation needed.

    Also, how is a free app one of the best selling of all time? You wouldn't think that award would go towards Plants vs. Zombies? Or, heck, Angry Birds? You know, something that isn't free.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    EA isn't the only one. More and more games are released with bugs. They are not being tested as thoroughly as they once were, in my opinion.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    EA isn't the only one. More and more games are released with bugs. They are not being tested as thoroughly as they once were, in my opinion.

    That's correct, get it out now and fix it with dlc, totally totally agree
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited May 2013
    EA isn't the only one. More and more games are released with bugs. They are not being tested as thoroughly as they once were, in my opinion.

    As Microsoft said a while back, there are no such things as bugs, only "areas of concern" or "undocumented features" caused by "anomalous behaviour" :wink:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    EA isn't the only one. More and more games are released with bugs. They are not being tested as thoroughly as they once were, in my opinion.

    As Microsoft said a while back, there are no such things as bugs, only "areas of concern" or "undocumented features" caused by "anomalous behaviour" :wink:

    Yeah right, what is Casper playing?
    c2.jpg
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Electronic Arts' mobile games and services, including handhelds, generated approximately $100 million in revenue during its third fiscal quarter ending Dec. 31, an 18 percent year-over-year increase that helped the firm offset ongoing declines in its console business.

    "The major portion of [mobile] revenue was driven by smartphones and tablets, which accounted for $79 million, growing 36 percent year-over-year," Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Blake Jorgensen said during EA's earnings call Wednesday.

    EA singled out the success of The Simpsons: Tapped Out, the freemium iOS title first introduced in early 2012. The game generated more than $23 million in revenues during the final three months of last year.


    Webinar: Leverage Workload Consolidation and Virtualization to Deploy Your Next Generation Networking Function

    DATE: MAY 23, 11 AM ET / 8 AM PT
    This webinar will provide network equipment providers and wireless carriers fresh insights into the latest hardware platforms and software frameworks which accelerate the deployment of next generation networks. Register Now!
    Sign up for our FREE newsletter for more news like this sent to your inbox!
    In addition, EA said its Origin platform for downloading games and services has now registered over 39 million users, including 17 million mobile users. Eighty-six independent developers have signed up to offer their content through the Origin platform.

    Despite EA's advances in mobile, the company reported third quarter fiscal 2013 net revenues of $922 million, down from $1.06 billion a year ago. Net losses narrowed to $45 million, compared with $205 million in the year-ago quarter. "The revenue shortfall was a result primarily of a miss with our Medal of Honor title and stronger-than-expected sector headwinds for console packaged goods," CEO John Riccitiello said.

    Next up for EA: Real Racing 3, a driving game for iOS and Android, scheduled to launch in North America on Feb. 28. "We are actively developing Android applications for our key brands to address that growing market as well," Jorgensen said.

    For more:
    - read this release
    - read this Seeking Alpha transcript

    Related articles:
    Electronic Arts in talks to port games to Microsoft's Windows Phone 8
    EA merges Firemint, Iron Monkey mobile game units to create Firemonkeys
    Electronic Arts to focus on freemium gaming
    Electronic Arts, Telefonica team to offer free mobile games
    EA Mobile expanding The Sims FreePlay to Android

    Sign up for our free newsletter


    Read more: EA: 'Simpsons: Tapped Out' revenues topped $23M last quarter - FierceMobileContent http://www.fiercemobilecontent.com/story/ea-simpsons-tapped-out-revenues-topped-23m-last-quarter/2013-01-31#ixzz2THBajzos
    Subscribe at FierceMobileContent
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    As you can see its making TONS and TONS of money.

    That's what I hate about EA, they are making millions from this game and don't bother to fix the countless glitches.

  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited May 2013
    At the end of the day, Tapped Out is still a free game. You can choose how much of your money to spend on it.

    Maybe that's one of the reasons the glitches don't bug me so much. The only donuts I've spent were earned through grueling task work and a bit of luck cleaning up Springfield.

    And promos.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    At the end of the day, Tapped Out is still a free game. You can choose how much of your money to spend on it.

    Maybe that's one of the reasons the glitches don't bug me so much. The only donuts I've spent were earned through grueling task work and a bit of luck cleaning up Springfield.

    And promos.

    You lose steam when you say it's a free game and people shouldn't complain. It's a Freemium game. It's goal is to draw users in to spend money on the game. A lot of the people complaining are people who have spent real money, or people who might spend money if they saw a more stable product.

    I don't spend money on the game outside of a few bucks for * and giggles. But, I can understand why people would complain about a game that deals with real currency, even if the initial purchase cost them nothing. Particularly for the prices people pay for premiums. If they are hurting for money with this game, which I highly doubt, it would be a smart decision to lower the price of donuts and expand the market. Anyone who can do the math will figure that the prices in this game are ridiculous by any standard.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.