EA Forums - Banner

Mona Simpson

chadstraus97
221 posts Member
edited February 2018
I just got her from the Date Night Mystery Box. Is anyone else having trouble getting her questline to start? Her questline with Maude started just fine, but I'm having trouble triggering the normal one. I've tried storing her and going to KL and OS so far. My next steps will be to store the Retirement Castle (to see if Grampa is somehow the issue) and then uninstalling/reinstalling. After that, I'm stumped. Has anyone seen this specific issue with Mona before?
Post edited by chadstraus97 on

Replies

• OhHappyJays
    1614 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    You need Ghost Maude and the Gypsy Fortune Teller Shop. They have a short joint 2-part quest.

EDIT: Nevermind. That's what I get for not reading clearly.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I believe, because Mona was a reward item (from Valentine's 2016), I guess that's why her main quest isn't triggering.

Her quest "A Woman of Much Importance" was preceded by "The Golden Age of Swingers", which was the main questline for Valentine's Day 2016.
  • I believe, because Mona was a reward item (from Valentine's 2016), I guess that's why her main quest isn't triggering.

Her quest "A Woman of Much Importance" was preceded by "The Golden Age of Swingers", which was the main questline for Valentine's Day 2016.

I can see the logic in that, especially given that Part 3 requires Grampa's car, which was a prize along that questline. That said, you would think EA would find a work-around for newer players/those who got her later. It's pretty lame to think that if I didn't have Maude I would've received a character with no new questline attached. Oh well. Thanks for the help!
  • I can see the logic in that, especially given that Part 3 requires Grampa's car, which was a prize along that questline. That said, you would think EA would find a work-around for newer players/those who got her later. It's pretty lame to think that if I didn't have Maude I would've received a character with no new questline attached. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

I don't have Maude in my satellite town and the first thing I pulled in my satellite town's Valentine's Box was Mona.
  • I can see the logic in that, especially given that Part 3 requires Grampa's car, which was a prize along that questline. That said, you would think EA would find a work-around for newer players/those who got her later. It's pretty lame to think that if I didn't have Maude I would've received a character with no new questline attached. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

I don't have Maude in my satellite town and the first thing I pulled in my satellite town's Valentine's Box was Mona.

Yuck. Does that mean no questline at all for you?
  • Is any task locked waiting for her questline like to be completed like Mayan Marge “issue” ?
  • No, the only questline that I could even imagine impacting hers would be Grampa's (or maybe some other level-related questline), but I don't have anything left to complete other than a few quests related to items from this Mystery Box. I think EA just didn't build a work-around for those who didn't get Mona during Valentine's 2016.

Can anybody who got Mona in 2017 (or 2018) prove this wrong?
  • aabcampos2 wrote: »
    Is any task locked waiting for her questline like to be completed like Mayan Marge “issue” ?

Probably, yes. Maybe they won't ignore the customers who bought Mona, unlike those customers who bought Mayan Marge a few months ago.
  • chadstraus97
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    For the second time, there is no locked task. This isn't as simple as seeing a red slash over a picture of Mayan Marge or a greyed out task in her task list.

I know everyone is very eager to get upset over this and, trust me, I've had my share of issues with EA (read my "Sideshow Bob" thread if you don't believe me), but this doesn't seem to be a Mayan Marge "issue" (which, I agree, is a legitimate gripe which each affected individual should pursue until a game-wide change is made) whatsoever.

Until someone can prove me wrong, this seems to simply be a case of Mona having an old questline (unfortunately, her main one, but I digress) tied to an event (Valentine's 2016) that also included using additional items earned partway through the event questline (Grampa's car) that have never been available outside of the event questline.

Having given more thought to this, being upset over Mona's questline is only slightly more acceptable than being upset in 2018 of being unable to play the Valentine's 2016 event. There are plenty of questlines that are no longer available. For example, should I be upset because I started playing in 2017 and, therefore, when I unlocked Bart I didn't get to do some cool task he had in some 2012 event? I didn't think so. Yes, it would've been nice if Mona's questline was available, but I get that it would've required some reprogramming from how it was originally played (including skipping the third task or just randomly awarding Grampa's car that I didn't earn during an event I didn't play), so I'm at peace with it. At least I'm able to use Mona as intended going forward (including during Outlands Maggie's questline).

So again, the question remains, did Mona's questline get reprogrammed such that it actually started for someone else who got her in 2017 or 2018? If not, I'm not missing anything and neither is anyone else. If that's the case, then at least as far as I'm concerned, it's safe to put the pitchforks down on this one.

One last thing (because I know someone won't follow my logic) - why are Mona and Mayan Marge different situations? Mayan Marge used to be bundled with Mayan Homer until EA actively changed it, permanently decreasing her playability (until Mayan Homer is added). Mona was never bundled with Grampa's car (which doesn't come up until later in the questline anyway), so EA didn't actively make a change to decrease her playability.

Nope, there was no questline for Mona. She just plunged straight into a 4hr task.

Nope, there was no questline for Mona. She just plunged straight into a 4hr task.

Well actually there is one questline, but you need Ghost Maude for it ... but it's just a Sidequest.

That said I have to agree with @chadstraus97. I can't see any negative consequences here. It's just a bit of story line missing, which consist of a few text boxes. If people are interested in this story it can be all looked up on the internet for sure. I'm just happy that my Simpsons Family keeps growing :smile:
  • Nixlinx wrote: »
    I can see the logic in that, especially given that Part 3 requires Grampa's car, which was a prize along that questline. That said, you would think EA would find a work-around for newer players/those who got her later. It's pretty lame to think that if I didn't have Maude I would've received a character with no new questline attached. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

Well actually there is one questline, but you need Ghost Maude for it ... but it's just a Sidequest.

That said I have to agree with @chadstraus97. I can't see any negative consequences here. It's just a bit of story line missing, which consist of a few text boxes. If people are interested in this story it can be all looked up on the internet for sure. I'm just happy that my Simpsons Family keeps growing :smile:

I agree, I couldn't care less about the questline, Im happy to shorten my list of missing characters down to 6 (got Mindy too)
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • @Nixlinx - True. I got the Mona & Maude sidequest, and I imagine others will too if they have Maude (@OhHappyJays mentioned to me before not having Maude in one town, so the sidequest wasn't expected, even though it is definitely disappointing to unlock a character and to get no new tasks at that point). That said, anyone thinking getting Mona should mean they automatically get Maude too would be going way too far! :D

And yes, I definitely agree with your main point - I can live without them reprogramming the whole Valentine's 2016 questline and am also just happy to add to the Simpson family.
  • @OhHappyJays - Well, at least you weren't expecting anything and have something to look forward to when you get Maude in your satellite town. Hopefully things will go better if you try the box again :)
  • Im bummed...i just got mona...shes not even a premium charcter?! Would have much rather landed something else.
    Im 1-2 on the MB
  • cyrtrav50 wrote: »
    Im bummed...i just got mona...shes not even a premium charcter?! Would have much rather landed something else.
    Im 1-2 on the MB

No, most characters aren't premium later when they were originally free. The plus side is at least she can help when you get those "Simpsons family" tasks and other characters are busy (e.g., part of Outlands Maggie's questline).
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    cyrtrav50 wrote: »
    Im bummed...i just got mona...shes not even a premium charcter?! Would have much rather landed something else.
    Im 1-2 on the MB

No, most characters aren't premium later when they were originally free. The plus side is at least she can help when you get those "Simpsons family" tasks and other characters are busy (e.g., part of Outlands Maggie's questline).

They used to be, until they introduced the Mystery Boxes. I've haven't be offered one in a while, but the Mystery Boxes used to explicitly say that you were guaranteed a premium item. EA's gotten too lazy. It was fun to earn characters and decorations, and to later have them upgraded to premium items.
  • No quest triggered for Mona when I got her and I wouldn't mind that if I weren't also missing her 12hr task. It's the missing tasks that bother me more than the quest. If you're going to include non-premium characters in mystery boxes with no available quest, at least make sure their task list is complete and available.
  • You need the Coconut Babaloo to start the The Golden Age of Swingers quest (5 parts) and after that is done, then the A Woman of Much Importance is after that. In The Golden Age of Swingers, not only you need the building, would also need the Flower Cart (for part 2) and the Starline Commander (for part 4).
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too