EA Forums - Banner

do you think it is okay to copy other peoples stuff? MY FIRST 3D TOWN

Replies

• JohnGalt85
    72 posts
    edited May 2013
    I care in that regard that I get proud and happy if someone gets inspiration from my town :)
  • potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I say go for it!! I saw two friends copied my resort a while ago. Using white houses, with a pool in the middle, lounge chairs and a volleyball court.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't care about it in the slightest, I wouldn't want people to ask me, copy away, do as you wish. I don't think i've copied anyone but certainly take inspiration from other towns at times hopefully they don't come out looking too similar.

I would never post a picture of an area based on someone elses saying "look what I built" thats cheaky at best.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    Meh. Everyone's town ends up looking different anyway, and we all take inspiration from others. An exact copy of another's design seems too much work to me, anyway. Not sure why anyone would do that, but to each...
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    wow wasnt expecting that many responses for this thread :shock:
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited December 2013
    the reason why i even ask that question was because ive been following a neighbors ideas ever since i saw his town and was very impressed with what he does with the decorations. i like them so much i wanted to follow in his footsteps. i started to try it on my own and later showed it to him. he liked it and gave me some advice on how to improve it, he helped me with parts of my town but told me to create something different ideas to make it my own. i give him full credit for my inspiration. can you tell where i got the ideas from?

i finally found a way to screen capture on my mytouch phone but its a weird process to get it to work but it works. i used paintbrush on my laptop because i dont have photoshop to piece the pictures together but here it is! im happy with it :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013

myfirst3d.png

Repost
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Here ya go

myfirst3d.png
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited May 2013
    I look at neighbours towns and posted pics on here and think wow that's amazing, but I never end up copying cos I come up with ideas of my own and I've tried the 3D stuff and can't get the hang of it so I leave that to the 'professionals' and just enjoy seeing how creative others are and hope that they like mine too.

• pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I believe it is perfectly fine. I think that you need to see it for what it is... a complement. Your art has inspired another. It is natural for those to emulate what they admire.

I have many copy my ideas, it only makes me smile as I am flattered that they liked it so much they wanted it in their town too. :D

• animalia6957
    197 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind people who copy ideas. although saying that I did have a certain friend who did copy my town exactly, was flattering but weird. I ended up doing a total redesign so I thank them for spurring me on to make my town new and different.

I have noticed one thing about my town that seems unique to all my friends, all my buildings are on the same orientation. think the uniform OCD style works pretty well :wink:
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    thanks kelekod and beeblebrox900 for posting the town. i didnt think it would end up too big. is there any way i can make it smaller to show all of it? its my first time using imageshack. :(
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    thanks kelekod and beeblebrox900 for posting the town. i didnt think it would end up too big. is there any way i can make it smaller to show all of it? its my first time using imageshack. :(

Is there an option to pick a size when you copy the link? If you use imgupr, it gives you that option.

WEq0bjzl.jpg

I uploaded and picked medium. :D
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    thank you sherryt07 :D
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited May 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

Is there an option to pick a size when you copy the link? If you use imgupr, it gives you that option.

WEq0bjzl.jpg

I uploaded and picked medium. :D
    Well done, SeungyeonAngel.
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Mimicry is the highest form of flattery.

Peace.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    Copy this and I will give you a standing ovation :) on a serious note I really take no issue with people borrowing a few ideas and making them their own.... Effff I sound like a judge on American idol.

image_zps2b67f99e.jpg

• Salsero1973
    29 posts
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely ok - otherwise the first guy who placed a hedge 3D enfencement to his Observatory would be the only one...
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    @Keys1980, i would be up to that challenge but i don't have the land nor cash to pull that off. i gave up farming houses because it got boring for me thats why i turned to making things with decorations. but with the price of decorations im learning a valuable lesson. it pays to be creative but costs money to do it. :(
  • animalia6957
    197 posts
    edited May 2013
    Keys1980 that has to be the best bush art I have seen in TSTO ever
    you are an inspiration going to have to try a little doodle perhaps a Panda (WWF symbol)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.