EA Forums - Banner

SIDESHOW BOB: Flaw and Order walkthrough and tips.

Prev134
3BM6zVOl.jpg
T6IG4YOl.jpg
ogE0AMUl.jpg
Images of SSB in OS level 20:
W5ILl3Wl.jpg
2UyXlcHl.jpg
Lq9jiCYl.jpg
Images of SSB in OS level 25:
Ybsm2Jtl.jpg
vunqhMzl.jpg
4HXiJg7l.jpg
3VC4XPgl.jpg
Images of SSB in OS level 30 (Calmwood):
RVAeHzfl.jpg
tDBLet7l.jpg
Images of SSB in OS level 30 (Sprawl*Mart):
gs8VBXjl.jpg
rpfLF8zl.jpg
1ffnEoal.jpg
QRwsOAQl.jpg

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4245 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sideshow Bob Has Escaped (Again) dialogue:
    ItqgU10l.jpg
    APpEy7ml.jpg
    NdnZZALl.jpg
    Lup0IIGl.jpg
    tnhRNYql.jpg
    XoCKdh9l.jpg
    CQVgd3ml.jpg
    58ERa0Nl.jpg
    Flaw and Order Pt. 1 dialogue:
    IVSVGMjl.png
    vJxiDZ1l.png
    yW0eV82l.png
    vBbqXyVl.png
    mouFWmEl.png
    GMREoPil.png
    b8R5VuGl.png
    Qfh4BVOl.png
    0JdZdY4l.jpg
    8NjqgUil.jpg
    39Qd9KIl.jpg
    b8leoHJl.jpg
    Flaw and Order Pt. 2 dialogue:
    ifwLg7rl.png
    wBRH9yCl.jpg
    OqnvMuPl.jpg
    vNa7hI6l.jpg
    o9kQtIyl.jpg
    PVtxUyCl.jpg
    mn1pg4Ll.jpg
    442m61Gl.jpg
    41LKKfhl.jpg
    Flaw and Order Pt. 3 dialogue:
    0Y2Okiil.png
    XYq6UOgl.jpg
    pr4p7kql.jpg
    8pZWO6Kl.jpg
    bBqeA2Jl.jpg
    3jofs9Cl.jpg
    Dr2tSe0l.jpg
    ONm9Eg6l.jpg
    rTzQo9Dl.jpg
    6LgSaYSl.jpg
    XjemQNTl.jpg
    ViErIiul.jpg
    mY5lB8rl.jpg
    DXiZWSMl.jpg
    O5y6aK6l.jpg
    h0sB1Xil.jpg
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
  • Muhsterino
    4245 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Op6HfOHl.jpg
    zkT7G5Fl.jpg
    NHAL66ml.jpg
    ZEVZKxTl.jpg
    Another benefit in tapping SSB as noted on wikia:
    Upon tapping Bob, the player will be awarded a small portion of experience, along with a boost to the Righteousness category of their Conform-O-Meter.
    SLkSgSSl.jpg
    The above e-mail was taken from this thread:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Sideshow-Bob-Flaw-and-Order/td-p/6086460
    You can also read an in-depth account of one forum member's struggle to obtain SSB via EA in this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/194444/sideshow-bob/p1
    Thanks to @fastshadow2 @Springfield_s3 and last, but not least @chadstraus97 – if it wasn't for their input in the SSB thread above, this thread would not have been written.
    xSxSS9Wl.jpg
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
  • Fantastic guide! B)

So... it looks like having a new player as a neighbour may well be the answer to finally getting Bob in your town if you haven't already got him from the past event?
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • That's a fantastic amount of effort you put in to this! Love the user name :D
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Fantastic guide! B)

So... it looks like having a new player as a neighbour may well be the answer to finally getting Bob in your town if you haven't already got him from the past event?
    I don’t think that having a neighbour still with an NPC SSB and tapping him there would make any difference to triggering the quest line, but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong! I think it would be just the same as tapping SSB in OS.
    Edited quote from the linked thread:
    I spotted him in a neighbors town about 6 weeks ago, and tapped on him. She didn’t have him yet, as a character. I had hoped it would set the trigger right then, but nope.
    @frosted1414 Thanks :smiley:
    You both may like to read the 3rd post too, as I hadn’t finished all the uploads when you both replied.
  • That's a great guide!! Thank you for putting this together. It should really benefit a lot of players. And thank you for the mention, although I think my experience was far more learning all of the things that don't work and a peek into EA's mismanagement of a well-known issue than actually learning anything that does help. :D
  • Since you did this "quirk" involving iOS and SSB, I wonder how this would work on Android, and if they have a similar quirk to get him easier.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Since you did this "quirk" involving iOS and SSB, I wonder how this would work on Android, and if they have a similar quirk to get him easier.

I'd like to know this too, although my sense is that it's unique to iOS. I don't know about you, but any notification I have about the game immediately goes away when I open the game and I don't get the sense that, when you switch away to a different app/your homescreen, it has the same sort of "reset" effect as going to OS/KL. I mean, I'm hardly the ideal test case considering my SSB issues, but I know I also constantly pull down to my notification center when I'm playing because I'm either checking the time or reading texts and that has never caused any game notification, SSB or otherwise, to appear for me. Maybe it would be equally effective to repeatedly go into and out of the game (with a "hard close" each time) while completing 6s tasks and having the game repeatedly trigger notifications that way?
  • outstanding guide, Muhsterino!
  • Flaw and Order pt 1 just triggered for me using the ios trick 10 times. i’m on level 939
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Wow. My daughter has a town, so I figured I’d try this tactic out, since she doesn’t have Bob. I wasn’t keeping track, but I’d say around 10 notification menu pulls, her game started the Bob task part 2! (She must have played part 1 some time ago). I just tried to get part 3 to start after finishing part 2, but it hasn’t started yet after 20 notification pulls.
  • Saw it! Won it! ( years ago ) Love it!
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Saw it. Want it. Don't have iOS.
  • @fastshadow2 @rockyb2006 Thank you both for posting :) I am happy you both got it to work. It may be that you have to wait 24 hours to be able to trigger the next part of the quest line.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    @fastshadow2 @rockyb2006 Thank you both for posting :) I am happy you both got it to work. It may be that you have to wait 24 hours to be able to trigger the next part of the quest line.
    thank you for your posts and tips @Muhsterino
    did you use the ios tip for pt 2 and 3 to trigger? i did see you had to wait 24 hr but thought i’d try a couple hours after triggering pt 1 without any luck, just so you know
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • FrogFaery
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Question: how does the game act upon returning to it? Does it show you the loading screen?
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    @fastshadow2 @rockyb2006 Thank you both for posting :) I am happy you both got it to work. It may be that you have to wait 24 hours to be able to trigger the next part of the quest line.
    thank you for your posts and tips @Muhsterino
    did you use the ios tip for pt 2 and 3 to trigger? i did see you had to wait 24 hr but thought i’d try a couple hours after triggering pt 1 without any luck, just so you know
    Yes, I used the tip for all 3 parts. :)
    FrogFaery wrote: »
    Question: how does the game act upon returning to it? Does it show you the loading screen?
    No, when I go back to the game using the home button, it returns straight to my town.
  • Thank you. :smile:
  • Muhsterino wrote: »

I saw that you waited 24 hours after attempting it some more. I will try it again at the 24 hour mark and post my results. :smile:
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Muhsterino wrote: »

I saw that you waited 24 hours after attempting it some more. I will try it again at the 24 hour mark and post my results. :smile:
    I actually kept trying to trigger part 2 as soon as I finished part 1, but I think it is likely that there is a period of time where it is not possible to trigger the next quest. If this was not the case, then as soon as part 1 was triggered it would be possible in theory to get SSB in a matter of minutes.