EA Forums - Banner

Unable to do Send Homer to buy Champagne task

Prev1
I do not even have the option to do this task when it unlocks when you get Mindy. Is there a glitch I do not know about?

Replies

• I have the same problem and found some posts on TSTO wiki that this was bugged a couple years ago, does not appear to have been fixed.
  • Namanor wrote: »
    I have the same problem and found some posts on TSTO wiki that this was bugged a couple years ago, does not appear to have been fixed.

Ok thanks. I've been looking around to no avail, tried every trick i could think of. even sold off my kem farm.
  • I have tried to help players before with this bug, without success.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/132528/homer-buy-champagne#latest
    I got Mindy from the current Date Night Mystery Box and was able to complete the quest line without any problems. When did you both get Mindy, from a previous time she was on sale or the current Mystery box?
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    I have tried to help players before with this bug, without success.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/132528/homer-buy-champagne#latest
    I got Mindy from the current Date Night Mystery Box and was able to complete the quest line without any problems. When did you both get Mindy, from a previous time she was on sale or the current Mystery box?

Got her in the mystery box currently being offered
  • Having the same problem and the usual suggestions haven't worked. Just hoping the event reset might fix something. All of her tasks are unlocked so I suppose it's not that big a deal.
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    I have tried to help players before with this bug, without success.

From the current mystery box. My friend and I both started around clash of clans time, he got her in the mystery box during this event as well and had no problems completing.

• I did double check that I have out the original KEM (yes), and tried storing Madame Chaos and putting it back out, still locked.
  • Same problem here. Hope they finally fix that but I fear they won‘t.
  • Muhsterino
    4132 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I am fairly sure that Homer used the Newfangled KEM in my town for that part of the quest. You could try the following, but I’m not sure it will work:
    Sell all KEM’s so you are just left with the original KEM (with Apu, it cannot be sold)
    Have Homer free. Store the KEM, Newfangled KEM and Madame Chao’s. Preferably go to Krustyland to synchronise, then return to town. Replace KEM/ Newfangled KEM or both in your town (you could try all 3 combinations) then replace Madame Chao’s.
    Much ado about Mindy part 4.
    Task: Have a Beach Expansion and Have a beach Chair, Make Mindy Work on Tan, 12h
    Task: Make Homer Buy Champagne, Kwik-E- Mart, 12h
    How many quests in total do you all have in your task bar?
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
  • Thanks @Muhsterino . I gave this a try, but it didn’t work:

- Freed Homer, then sync thru KL
    - Store orginal KEM, then sync thru KL
    - Store walking KEM, then sync thru KL
    - Store Madame Chao’s, then sync thru KL
    - Put all three back, then sync thru KL

Quest for buy champagne still locked :(

The only quests I have in the the task bar currently are “More Cola”, and “Much Ado About Mindy, Pt.4”. First two parts of Mindy complete.
  • I have the same problem, got Mindy from the mystery box a few days ago.
  • Same problem for me
  • Has anyone tried contacting EA about it? It seems that most players are able to complete the quest without any problem, but a few cannot.
  • Not that this helps, but I was recently able to complete the champagne task. Maybe — hopefully — the bug was fixed?
  • onslow1393
    61 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Not that this helps, but I was recently able to complete the champagne task. Maybe — hopefully — the bug was fixed?

May I ask please how did you complete it? Did the quest just appear in Homers task list? I'm having this issue too. Any help would be much appreciated :)
  • onslow1393 wrote: »
    Not that this helps, but I was recently able to complete the champagne task. Maybe — hopefully — the bug was fixed?

May I ask please how did you complete it? Did the quest just appear in Homers task list? I'm having this issue too. Any help would be much appreciated :)

@onslow1393 I wish I could be more helpful, but there was no issue with the quest in my game. This task popped up after I completed the previous part. I only had one KEM at the time, & several beach chairs placed. Homer & Mindy were both free when the task was triggered. I didn’t have to do an in-game sync.

Hope you’re able to get lucky & finish the quest! At least Mindy’s tasks are all available prior to completing this buggy task.
  • onslow1393 wrote: »

@onslow1393 I wish I could be more helpful, but there was no issue with the quest in my game. This task popped up after I completed the previous part. I only had one KEM at the time, & several beach chairs placed. Homer & Mindy were both free when the task was triggered. I didn’t have to do an in-game sync.

Hope you’re able to get lucky & finish the quest! At least Mindy’s tasks are all available prior to completing this buggy task.

Thanks for the response. Your right , it's not a big deal, just means there's a quest in my quest section that can't be finished. I'd be annoyed if all Mindys tasks weren't already available as you say. Thanks for your time :)
  • Have a beach chair
    could be the hangup for some who think they do but maybe they don't or it's the wrong chair.
  • simpsonare
    2130 posts Member
    I had no issue doing her task either from what I remember.
  • girl22721
    1149 posts Member
    I have this quest stuck too and was already sure that the KEM in my town was the 'original' one. However, having found an old topic here on the subject, I pulled around 800 KEMs out of inventory so that none were left there, placed and sold them, which didn't fix it but ruled that out as a cause.

I'm now convinced only EA intervention will resolve this issue; in the meantime the incomplete quest has remained undone for so long that mine has been folded away into the Pandora's box (joining the She-She Lounge, KEM Central Office and Ajax Steel Mill ones).