EA Forums - Banner

Which update would you prefer?

Prev1
Option 2, mainly because of the last 3 things.

New row of land- Awesome! More space to build.
Dirt track- Quite few areas in my town will be updated.
Last one- No explanation needed.

You should make this a poll :). I like polls :D.

Replies

• LtType77
    642 posts
    edited May 2013
    Option 1 all the way.. I do not care for the voices of the characters like some players.. since i am maxed out i want more content! more buildings and characters!

Also the last 3 on option 2 would make me happy if that was thrown in.
  • stevieort
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I would really like new land, even with the supposed Squiport update that'll allow us to build west to the sea (lakefront?). Getting voices for characters not voiced by The Big Six (Castellaneta/Kavner/Cartwright/Smith/Azaria/Shearer) will always be wishful thinking. Ain't gonna happen.
  • Benthurstan
    55 posts
    edited May 2013
    Sahl908 wrote:
    Option 2, mainly because of the last 3 things.

New row of land- Awesome! More space to build.
    Dirt track- Quite few areas in my town will be updated.
    Last one- No explanation needed.

You should make this a poll :). I like polls :D.

Poll added ;)
  • paul4ro
    50 posts
    edited May 2013
    stevieort wrote:
    I would really like new land, even with the supposed Squiport update that'll allow us to build west to the sea (lakefront?). Getting voices for characters not voiced by The Big Six (Castellaneta/Kavner/Cartwright/Smith/Azaria/Shearer) will always be wishful thinking. Ain't gonna happen.

Surely they don't need these people to be present to get voice clips? Can they not just reuse existing voice clips extracted from old Simpson s episodes?
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited May 2013
    Option 1:
    - Level 30
    - A new building & character bought for in game $$$
    - A new quest line featuring the above character & building
    - A new premium building
    - A new premium character
    - A couple of new decorations
    option 2:
    - Voices for Milhouse, Edna, Fat Tony, Miss Springfield, Martin & Tom O'Flanagan (and any other silent characters I've missed)
    - An individual 1hr task for Smithers
    - A 1hr task for Tatum
    - A 4hr task for Ralph
    - A new 10hr task for every character
    - A new row of land available to buy
    - New road option - Dirt Track
    - Improved loading times/stability

so i voted for number 2, for three reasons, one that i hate that i cant wait out the last 5 min decorating my city and whacking snakes when smithers is on his 1 hr task other wise it was a waste of a hour... 2 i dont like that tatum only has a 2 hour task as soon as im home for the night, i put all on 1 hour task i come back every hour... cause i have no life. and 3 the new dirt track. i want it. i want it now. also want sand... just side walk... love it... (not at lvl29 building saving up to buy land so its not important to me nor is lvl 30 yet)
  • Lukeyboy554
    31 posts
    edited May 2013
    Mixture if both but more option 1. One of my Favourite things to do is Collect Characters and add new Buildings to my Springfield PLUS I have plenty of spare Land ATM but could do with Dirt Tracks, Sounds interesting! :!:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6352 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Option 2 for me

For content updates are a for sure thing with new levels, new characters, new buildings & new decorations. All that's a given. I'm sure also in due time they will add more land to buy.

Now getting the voices for the guest stars is something I've wanted since the very beginning of the game & it's something I really wish for EA to go after & pursue.

Also getting tasks added for characters that need them would be nice. 1hr & 4hr for Shauna, 4hr for Ralph, 1hr for Drederick Tatum, 1hr for Smithers, etc...

Dirt roads & other kinds of options would also be welcome

Improved stability, fix the lag & other internal problems is a big plus.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'd settle for an update that fixes some of the problems from the previous ones. That's all I want.
  • 80sarcades
    117 posts
    edited May 2013
    Option 1. I always like anything that makes money :mrgreen:
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    Lets say EA were only going to give us one update for the rest of the month, which would you prefer?

Option 1:

- Level 30
    - A new premium building

Option 2:

- Voices for Milhouse, Edna, Fat Tony, Miss Springfield, Martin & Tom O'Flanagan (and any other silent characters I've missed)
    - A 1hr task for Tatum
    - A 4hr task for Ralph

And why?

Definitely Option 2. I want more land, new dirt road or walkways, longer driveways would be cool. It would also be nice to move the pavement by one row of little squares and not 5 squares. Also want those extra voices!! :mrgreen: At least Milhouse!
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Lets say EA were only going to give us one update for the rest of the month, which would you prefer?

Option 1:

- Level 30
    - A new premium building

Option 2:

- A 1hr task for Tatum
    - A 4hr task for Ralph

And why?

tumblr_lfgnnpPz9e1qe5udso1_400.gif

Is that too much to ask? ...maybe..
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

Option 1:

- Level 30
    - A new premium building

Option 2:

- A 1hr task for Tatum
    - A 4hr task for Ralph

And why?

tumblr_lfgnnpPz9e1qe5udso1_400.gif

Is that too much to ask? ...maybe..

Now that's just pure brilliant right there. I like it!!
  • akmedtdt
    60 posts
    edited May 2013
    option 2 cause I'm a bit "tapped out" from whacking snakes and eggs :mrgreen:

so not having to work on new quest lines will be a good respite while hearing new voices from the characters
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Option 2:

The extra tasks would make it easier to get everyone on equal length tasks. Secondly, I'm at Level 29 but still have several buildings to build (Pimento Grove, El Chemistri,Adult Education Annex, Businessmans Social Club, Fat Tonys Compound, and Skinner House) , so more buildings would just put me further behind schedule :? . Some more voices would be cool and those things at the end sound great.

What I'd really want is cheaper building/land prices. The side of my town is just a mess of buildings because I can't afford to buy the extra land. I don't want to resort to house farming to build up cash, plus I also have a really low multiplier
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    Option 2 by a mile. No contest!

New premium buildings/characters will come eventually no matter what, but the new character voices would be great. And I hate not being able to set everyone on 4hr tasks. Dirt roads would be a great addition and would work well for buildings such as Cletus farm, Fort Sensible etc.

Also if the characters who aren't currently voiced were all of a sudden given voices, this would mean that future characters that aren't voiced by the main actors would also be voiced.
  • Bryanneoverbeck
    40 posts
    edited May 2013
    Either update as long as the freaking snakes are gone!!!!!
  • potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't care about the voices as I don't play with sounds. But I would love option 2 with 1 and 4 hr tasks for all characters, and more options like dirt roads etc
  • HansOlo614
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Option 2 would be good, but realistically the missing voices are not gonna happen in this universe! Not unless a few of things happen; The game is no longer free, premium item prices increase drastically or actors actually do voices for free. Money is the issue here and it has to come from some where and I doubt EA is going to front it!

And to paul4ro: can they not extract clips from previous episodes, the answer is NO! It would not have been in their contract to have the clips used in games, so it would violate the terms of their appearance contract and EA would either have to pay them a HUGE settlement or potentially worst case scenario, possibly remove the character.

I think everyone just needs to deal with the fact there are characters without voices and there will continue to be. Hey at least they put them in the game!
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    TK614 wrote:
    Option 2 would be good, but realistically the missing voices are not gonna happen in this universe! Not unless a few of things happen; The game is no longer free, premium item prices increase drastically or actors actually do voices for free. Money is the issue here and it has to come from some where and I doubt EA is going to front it!

You've gotta be optimistic mate. Didn't EA make $50m from this game over the last year?
  • TheRandomno
    42 posts
    edited May 2013
    Benefitting me ATM, option 2.

I don't use donuts and I'm only level 16.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.