EA Forums - Banner

Would You Approach a Zombie You Didn't Know?

elsie_d wrote:
I really hate how the programmers have the characters saunter up to the cemetaries as they are spawning zombies. It defies logic (ha-ha, logic in a world of alternate universes and Kang)! I've a mind to simply allow those zombies to savage them since they haven't got sense enough to walk away from them. Any others have pet peeves (petty annoyances, not major ones like crashes)?

Clearly, elsie, you are unfamiliar with horror film tropes involving slow-moving monsters such as zombies and mummies. The primary way in which people get nabbed is by behaving stupidly. ("Don't go down into that dark cellar!") The programmers are merely expressing the proper appreciation for the conventions of the genre. :wink:

Replies

• JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    0bfbf4fc67decfbfd34a3764679c90de_zpscb0d1e7d.jpg
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    elsie_d wrote:
    I really hate how the programmers have the characters saunter up to the cemetaries as they are spawning zombies. It defies logic (ha-ha, logic in a world of alternate universes and Kang)! I've a mind to simply allow those zombies to savage them since they haven't got sense enough to walk away from them. Any others have pet peeves (petty annoyances, not major ones like crashes)?

Clearly, elsie, you are unfamiliar with horror film tropes involving slow-moving monsters such as zombies and mummies. The primary way in which people get nabbed is by behaving stupidly. ("Don't go down into that dark cellar!") The programmers are merely expressing the proper appreciation for the conventions of the genre. :wink:

Oho! But I *am* familiar with the genre and my siblings, friends, and I repeatedly try to warn those misguided souls not to enter a dark room or not to take that short-cut through the woods, but do they ever listen? NO! So, when my own Simpson characters cannot seem to avoid the zombies--as S-L-O-W as those zombies are, I pull my hair out in frustration :twisted:
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    0bfbf4fc67decfbfd34a3764679c90de_zpscb0d1e7d.jpg

Took me a moment to see that your response was Homer's pea-sized brain. Good one, JG
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!