EA Forums - Banner

Which premium building would be considered the best buy?

Prev13
Professor Frink. Quite a few lines & lots of tasks too. More than a lot of the other premium characters

1hr, 3hr, 4hr, 6hr, 8hr, 12hr & 24hr

Replies

• Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Otto with the Bus. Gives you a premium character (more $ and XP), counts as a house, and is only 120 donuts.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited May 2013
    Ok, thanks. So definitely not Krustylu Studios, and I should also stear away from Barneys Bowlarama... (and I really wanted Barney, oh well...)
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    Ok, thanks. So definitely not Krustylu Studios, and I should also stear away from Barneys Bowlarama... (and I really wanted Barney, oh well...)

I agree with Frink and his lab. If I was only buying one , that would be it. I like his two outdoor tasks better than Ottos. His flying machine is really awesome looking. Why steer away from the Bowlarama?? Price? I like it a lot, and it gives new jobs to Homer and Ned. Then again, I got it free (Santa coins) so not sure how I'd feel if I shelled out that much money for it.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013
    All the above mentioned are good choices, but if your looking at Stand-alone buildiings (no character included) there are a few that offer Premium tasks to multiple characters.

Aztek Theater gives CBG (6 hour) and Bart (3 hour) Premium tasks.
    Swanky Fish gives Skinner and CBG Premium Tasks (both 5 hour)
    Observatory gives Skinner and Martin Premium Tasks. (both 6 hour)

While Barney and The Bowlarama make a good addition to any Springfield, the tasks associated do not have Premium payouts.

I think Asia de Cuba and Sprawlmart also add premium tasks, but I do not own them yet and do not know what the tasks are.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    All the above mentioned are good choices, but if your looking at Stand-alone buildiings (no character included) there are a few that offer Premium tasks to multiple characters.

Aztek Theater gives CBG (6 hour) and Bart (3 hour) Premium tasks.
    Swanky Fish gives Skinner and CBG Premium Tasks (both 5 hour)
    Observatory gives Skinner and Martin Premium Tasks. (both 6 hour)

While Barney and The Bowlarama make a good addition to any Springfield, the tasks associated do not have Premium payouts.

I think Asia de Cuba and Sprawlmart also add premium tasks, but I do not own them yet and do not know what the tasks are.

Asia de Cuba gives a task to Louie(3 hr) and changes the color of the building to a yellow like the lights are on. Sprawl-Mart gives a 16 hr task to Agnes. Swanky Fish is no longer available, was limited time in early April.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013

[quote/]Asia de Cuba gives a task to Louie(3 hr) and changes the color of the building to a yellow like the lights are on. Sprawl-Mart gives a 16 hr task to Agnes. Swanky Fish is no longer available, was limited time in early April. [/quote]

Oh yeah, forgot Swanky Fish was limited, guess that narrows the choices slightly.

Does Lugash's Gym have a Premium task for Lisa? I am considering getting Lugash soon, what are your overall impressions of the building and character?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013

Oh yeah, forgot Swanky Fish was limited, guess that narrows the choices slightly.

Does Lugash's Gym have a Premium task for Lisa? I am considering getting Lugash soon, what are your overall impressions of the building and character?

Lisa has two tasks at the gym that both pay out standard rate, not premium. I'm not a big fan of the building, pretty generic looking and the color is terrible, but I'm glad we have a gym, I think it will fit in well in a few different areas of my town. Haven't designed anything for it yet, been busy with other buildings, but maybe I'll like it more after I do something with it. Love Lugash as a character. He's voiced, and his 1 hr outdoor task of Confiscating Children's Pets is great.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:

Lisa has two tasks at the gym that both pay out standard rate, not premium. I'm not a big fan of the building, pretty generic looking and the color is terrible, but I'm glad we have a gym, I think it will fit in well in a few different areas of my town. Haven't designed anything for it yet, been busy with other buildings, but maybe I'll like it more after I do something with it. Love Lugash as a character. He's voiced, and his 1 hr outdoor task of Confiscating Children's Pets is great.

Ha ha, confiscating Pets sounds funny! I am disappointed it isnt Premium though, wonder why they did that? Perhaps he was originally intended to be a prize like Barney was?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    Lugash's tasks are premium, gymnast Lisa's tasks at Lugashs gym aren't premium though, sorry for the mix up
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    If it were me, Frink or Otto. I think Scorpio would be last on my last.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013
    kmendo88 wrote:

While "You Only Move Twice" was one of my all time favorite episodes, When I first started playing I thought it was odd that Scorpio's Lair was in the game, given that it isnt actually located in Springfield.

To me that's like the game developers deciding to put Yale University in, just cause it was in an episode.

I got it anyway.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    kmendo88 wrote:

Scorpio makes me laugh all the time. Test flame thrower. Interograte Mr Bont. Deliver ultimatium to G8 nations.
    I got him because my boyfriend like him.

I keep hoping for Frink in the mystery box but not even a lemon tree yet :-(
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    kmendo88 wrote:

While "You Only Move Twice" was one of my all time favorite episodes, When I first started playing I thought it was odd that Scorpio's Lair was in the game, given that it isnt actually located in Springfield.

To me that's like the game developers deciding to put Yale University in, just cause it was in an episode.

I got it anyway.

I thought it was weird they had a one-time character before bringing in more common characters of the show. And, like you stated, his lair isn't even in Springfield.

Though, my main reasons for him being last is:

1. Not voiced (I also thought it was weird that a character who cost real money didn't have a voice)
    2. While very awesome looking by itself, the Volcano lair is an eyesore unless you dedicate an entire area to blend it in with surroundings
    3. Price, especially considering reasons 1 and 2
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Get sprawlmart an kearney
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited May 2013
    I just have to ask, what about Duff Brewery and Duff? Is there alot of questlines implying Duff?
  • bgarrett166
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Duff parties down at the church, school, prison and rides around on a Segway, parties at the duff factory. And flies around on a keg jet pack at the Duff Stadium. In really happy with Duff
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited May 2013
    Building? Springfield Observatory for sure.
    If not, the Aztec Theater or Duff Party Bus.
  • sdv325
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Now that i have the Duff stadium and Duff bus, i think ill be saving up for Duff man
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    The correct answer is: the cheapest building that comes with a character. :)
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited May 2013
    If that was the case, then Otto or Krustylu Studios would be it. But it seems like Frings has the most quests tagged to him... I'm not sure if asking the community about this regard, really made my choice any easier =)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!