EA Forums - Banner

Not much?

You know what really grinds my gears?

When more and more people complain endlessly in new threads about items costing donuts.

Replies

• HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited May 2013

When more and more people complain endlessly in new threads about items costing donuts.

c unt
  • McTattie
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    QYT3j32.gif
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited May 2013

The term "grinds my gears", it's obnoxious.

Knowing this forum, there are thousands of other threads saying this exact same thing.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited May 2013
    I agree! I don't see why the developers of this game can't work for free! That's what we do at my job, everything is free and we don't mind that we have nothing to feed our children or pay the bills. That's normal right?

The sense of entitlement around here is maddening. My 5 y/o has a better understanding of the world works.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    The sense of entitlement around here is maddening.

I agree the frequency of these posts can be irritating.

That being said, I've always thought he price points were a little curious. On the surface, donut cost is high enough that it would seem to exclude a vast majority of the under-21 player base. I'm a 50 yo premium player, and can afford the boatloads of donuts as part of my entertainment budget. But for the under-21 base, I'd guess the majority still rely on their parents or guardians for financial support, and I presume it's much less likely that most parents would pay $50-$100 per month for their child's freemium game. I may be wrong, but I do know there's no way I'd fund my 15 yo to purchase donuts in this game.

Seems to me a lower cost structure would result in a net increase in donut sales and revenue from the under-21 payers as well as the adult players.
  • TheKingChivas
    207 posts
    edited May 2013
    Lowering the amount of donuts to get items is a different story. I agree, there's a lot of overpriced stuff in the game (some I'd like, some I don't care about).

As for parents spending on their kids...look at the sneakers on a lot of young teens these days. $300 bucks for some of them! While there are rational, reasonable parents out there, I'm sure there are a bunch that never say no too.

Glad to hear you're not one of the insane ones, XBL! :)
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited May 2013
    For those that don't get it...."grind my gears" is a family guy reference. :wink:
  • TheKingChivas
    207 posts
    edited May 2013
    For those that don't get it...."grind my gears" is a family guy reference. :wink:

It's also a common phrase ;)
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    In media, it actually originates from the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles."
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    In media, it actually originates from the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles."

Good movie :D
  • mdando19394
    33 posts
    edited May 2013
    Is there like a monthly subscription we can sign up to? There was another game like.I got into years ago you paid 10 quid a month and got few items each week with discount off the extra premium items.

If they had something similar I am sure more would help feed the developers family. Another thing I thought, could sell is is scratch cards that reward with old catalogue items. Oh yeah gifting dough nuts to friends could be fun.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited May 2013
    dFojixv.png
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6303 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You give someone your hand & they'll take an arm. The sense of entitlement that some of these people have is beyond me.

The devs just released a month long event where they gave everyone around 15 or so free items. While only releasing a few premium items. Lets take a look...

1. Fort Sensible
    2. Gymnastics Lisa skin with Balance Beam
    3. Snake Rock
    4. Snake Statue
    5. Duff Stadium
    6. Pet Snake
    7. Bare Chested Willie skin
    8. Springfield Coliseum with Drederick Tatum
    9. Sleep Easy Motel with Miss Springfield
    10. 3 different WD huts
    11. Whacking Day Banner
    12. Wind Sock

Premium items
    1. Ninja Homer skin with Red Practice Snake
    2. 4 different Practice Snakes
    3. Snake Rock
    4. Snake Stump
    5. Snake Log
    6. Snake Speakers

Also had chances to get Whack Boxes. Yea while they didn't always give you donuts. At least you had a chance & it's better than nothing.

Not to mention that about 85% of this game is totally free. With every single new content update, they release the majority of the items all free with there only being 2-3 premium items.

This is the first time that they have ever released more premium items vs free items.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2013
    You give someone your hand & they'll take an arm. The sense of entitlement that some of these people have is beyond me.

The devs just released a month long event where they gave everyone around 15 or so free items. While only releasing a few premium items. Lets take a look...

1. Fort Sensible
    2. Gymnastics Lisa skin with Balance Beam
    3. Snake Rock
    4. Snake Statue
    5. Duff Stadium
    6. Pet Snake
    7. Bare Chested Willie skin
    8. Springfield Coliseum with Drederick Tatum
    9. Sleep Easy Motel with Miss Springfield
    10. 3 different WD huts
    11. Whacking Day Banner
    12. Wind Sock

Premium items
    1. Ninja Homer skin with Red Practice Snake
    2. 4 different Practice Snakes
    3. Snake Rock
    4. Snake Stump
    5. Snake Log
    6. Snake Speakers

Also had chances to get Whack Boxes. Yea while they didn't always give you donuts. At least you had a chance & it's better than nothing.

Not to mention that about 85% of this game is totally free. With every single new content update, they release the majority of the items all free with there only being 2-3 premium items.

This is the first time that they have ever released more premium items vs free items.

+1 :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • TheRandomno
    42 posts
    edited May 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    I agree! I don't see why the developers of this game can't work for free! That's what we do at my job, everything is free and we don't mind that we have nothing to feed our children or pay the bills. That's normal right?

That's non-profit.

EA is clearly not by making million from this game.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.