EA Forums - Banner

These Server issues are getting ridiculous EA..

Prev13
It's getting incredibly frustrating. It's there before I start and it repeats now every few minutes instead of the 15-20 during whacking day event. It takes the enjoyment of the game away.

Replies

• Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't have any issues with the servers.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2013

Becareful i used to say that all the time, and low n behold i have slight issues with connection, all these issues will in the end hit everyone.....it always does :( Ive lost my town twice now, once for good an once i was lucky enough to be given it back :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Becareful i used to say that all the time, and low n behold i have slight issues with connection, all these issues will in the end hit everyone.....it always does :( Ive lost my town twice now, once for good an once i was lucky enough to be given it back :D

I will hold you responsible if anything happens to my town :P
  • Bartman119
    1 posts
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to mention I dont have ANY server problems.i currently use the gaxy note 2 and it runs smooth as could be but when I load up the old iphone 4 I have problems galore. Im not a fanboy by any means but I just want to say after leaving apple and switching to the galaxy platform I have no issues.
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited May 2013
    This is really annoying. I am starting to not play as often as i normally do.. Hope they fix it.
  • bnw109
    24 posts
    edited May 2013
    I get disconnected before I get to the login screen every time. Most times I'll also get the wait 15sec screen on the second attempt. And just as many if not more random disconnects during regular play.
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited May 2013
    Because of the server issues I just had an issue with a golden scratch-r... Thought I'd try my luck after winning the jackpot 100 donuts the other day, it froze during the purchase, came up with confirmation and I clicked buy, then put my password in and got my card - scratched it - 20 donuts - then another card!?! Have I just paid for 2 or got one for free?! :?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have never had any server issues(except during Christmas when everyone had them) but ever since the update Thursday, I can't play for more than 15 minutes without seeing the Bart screen. It's not a huge deal, but when you're in the middle of designing something, get kicked off, then have to scroll all the way back through your inventory to find the item you were using, .. it becomes a bit ridiculous. When I'm on wifi, it's not that bad, but if I'm on 4G, forget it, I can barely play without wanting to throw my iPad across the room, lol.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I haven't logged into my town for three days now. I pretty much only check it twice a day. If I get the server down stupid Bart screen? I will hard reset my game and then try again. If I still can't get in? Then I'm done for the day and wil try again the next day.

This is my third day now of no access.

As others have stated, it's hard to purchase anything when you can't even get into your game.
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I use android.
  • cjj425
    110 posts
    edited May 2013
    Ever since Whacking Day began I get booted at least 10 times an hour. I've lost about 2000 eggs, several hundred snakes, tens of thousands of dollars in game cash, thousands of XP points, and 85 donuts. I was in the process of buying the Rich Texan and I got the all too familiar Can't connect to server message. When I logged back in my donuts were gone and I didn't have the character. It was available for purchase again. I would be dropping off eggs. I'd be placing 200 eggs in my gf's town and after placing 190 I got booted because of server error. I log back in and go back to finish the egg drop and I only have 10 left and only 20 eggs are where I left them. Poof 170 eggs gone and a few hours of my time wasted. I thought maybe these errors were caused by several friends being in my town at the same time hunting snakes, but now with WD over, I'm still getting disconnected, just not as often. I know people say you have no right to complain because it's a free game, but once I bought a donut, it's no longer a free game and has become a purchased game. With anything you purchase you expect it to work. We already have to deal with over-priced premium items, I mean certain items can cost as much as $20 and that's ridicules for such a game. Nothing should cost more than $5. My friend's are not in alphabetical order before, during and now after WD which makes it a pain to try to locate certain people. I have 100 friends but only 91 of them show up. WD was this big social event yet I got less than 200 eggs total from 100 friends and I had left over 5000 eggs to my "friends." I had me girl friend start playing so I could actually get some eggs and I just started leaving my eggs with her. Trying to find snakes in neighbors' towns sometimes became a huge time-consuming challenge. Top that with after spending all that time hunting snakes, you end up losing snakes and eggs you spent hours collecting. And the rewards for the snakes? It takes 2500 snakes each for the final 2 reward, as much as it took to get the first 7. That doesn't make a lot if sense. Even with the week's extension I fell just 100 snakes short of getting the stadium and 2600 short of the motel. So now I have to pay $30 for donuts to get these. I don't think so. EA did something good with being able to get donuts when level up but like everything else EA does, they screwed that up too. I use to get donuts for leveling up to 120k XP points. Since WD it increases by over 100k for each additional level up until level 29 came out and it started lower again. Of course that's about 100 donuts I missed out on but EA doesn't care because the hope now you will spend money to purchase these donuts making them richer. Well I will never spend another dollar for donuts. I'm not going to give EA any more money so they can continue to screw me. I'm sure someone will find a new donut glitch and if they do I plan to take full advantage of it because at this point I feel it is owed to me. Screw you EA!
  • cjj425
    110 posts
    edited May 2013
    bnw109 wrote:
    I get disconnected before I get to the login screen every time. Most times I'll also get the wait 15sec screen on the second attempt. And just as many if not more random disconnects during regular play.

This has been happening to me since WD ended.
  • edited May 2013
    Slightly OT, but has anyone else been having game stability issues lately? I've noticed that my game is crashing a lot recently, and every time when I reboot the game, I'm getting server issues which makes me wonder if its the servers issues that are making my game crash since my ipad has been running the game just fine up to now.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Slightly OT, but has anyone else been having game stability issues lately? I've noticed that my game is crashing a lot recently, and every time when I reboot the game, I'm getting server issues which makes me wonder if its the servers issues that are making my game crash since my ipad has been running the game just fine up to now.

OT means Off-Topic. What you posted was exactly the topic being discussed :lol:
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing
  • monkeyman_199059
    258 posts
    edited May 2013
    Mine hasn't been too bad (it still kicks me every 20 minutes but I've got used to that) however near enough every time I open the app I get the Bart page straight away with the "try again" stuff but clicking try again always works first time and I get in to my town.

I thought it was a bit much for them to take a dig at people complaining about the game crashing a lot in the Skinner task line dialogue.
  • qisg
    47 posts
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if you hit RETRY. :shock:
    I haven't been able to get passed that message for three days.
  • Pchorsedoc
    322 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    It's getting incredibly frustrating. It's there before I start and it repeats now every few minutes instead of the 15-20 during whacking day event. It takes the enjoyment of the game away.

+1
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing

X 2 lol.. No big deal though haha. But yea, I can barely ever get in my game now. After 3 tries and two full close outs of the game I stop trying. And when I do get in I'm good for a few minutes until Bart wants to be a smarta$$ lol. But I play on my iPhone 5 which has the most luck. When it happens at home I try my iPhone 4 just to see if its my phone for some reason but the iPhone 4 is way worse. And wifi vs LTE doesn't matter, it acts the same on each. Just like a few others I had never had any issues ever until after Whacking Day ended. Finally got jinxed I guess after 8 months of minor to no issues. It is annoying though. Now that its been brought up Im curious as well if its an IOS thing since not to many Android players are saying anything.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh yea, and that Skinner message seems like a real joke now lol.. What do u expect from a Mama's boy though. U can't trust a 47 year old whose never moved out of his Mama's house lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!