EA Forums - Banner

Wish we could move groups of objects together. Like a whole property at once...

Agreed, the other day I wanted to move the school with it's fencing, trees and other decorations, there was quite a bit. I found the easiest way was to put into storage first instead of moving the pieces. But to select each peice together and move would be very usefull.

Replies

• potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I never seem tp be happy with where I put the prison. I'm always moving it and the 50 fences along with it. Drive's me insane!!!
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Exactly.. An overhaul of your city wouldn't be dreaded. I hate where they start the Simpson's house and neighborhood. It's not bad until you start expanding. Now I wish it wasn't so close to the water and more towards the top center after all the land is purchased. Hopefully EA can see this and if others agree make it happen. Hell, even if others don't agree they still need to make it happen lol
  • nutsforbart
    144 posts
    edited May 2013
    That would be way cool. I have seen other posts on the forum regarding this topic. Seems a lot of folks are hoping for this. I'm thinking this might be a pretty significant update, but I sure hope EA can make it happen for us. The bigger our towns get, the more helpful it would be.

• robertnbrand
    654 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    That'd be awesome!! :D
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited May 2013
    It's definitely doable. The real question is will EA do it?

I can only hope so!

• JayWayne1
    89 posts
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like all of you guys are tapped out. :D
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    JayWayne1 wrote:
    Sounds like all of you guys are tapped out. :D

Still would be just as much tapping as now. Just less dragging back and forth lol
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited May 2013
    I saw someone mention in another thread an idea about a 'lasso' type thingy, so you would just draw a box or circle or whatever around all the objects you want to stay as a group, then you can move the whole group as one. I agree, that would be awesome.

I'm still a fairly new player (just builiding Burns' Mansion), so it would be super cool if EA could give us this feature before I have extra land to expand my town out further!
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    edited May 2013

yes me too. I'm not bothering to move much of mine until I have a lot more land.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • edited May 2013
    Oh how I longed for such a function. I really hope EA would bring something like this out with squid port because I have the entire waterfront currently set up as luxury seafront gated mansions with lots of decorations and it will be a nightmare to more all that individually and re-set it up elsewhere.
  • akmedtdt
    60 posts
    edited May 2013
    this would be cool if it were available

i was hoping to move my sports complex, parking lots and all, and this would make it much easier :mrgreen:
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    YES YES YES 8)

Moving stuff is seriously the most ANNOYING thing EVER to do!
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited May 2013
    Great idea but i do not see them doing this... EA wants you to spend as much time looking at game as possible.. So when you are designing your town and going through the decorations you see all of the premium items and (at least they hope) you will begin to think about spending some cash. It's a business model that they have thought long and hard about. A business like EA think about all of the ways to get you to spend money..
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh how I longed for such a function. I really hope EA would bring something like this out with squid port because I have the entire waterfront currently set up as luxury seafront gated mansions with lots of decorations and it will be a nightmare to more all that individually and re-set it up elsewhere.

You could probably leave the waterfront mansions there with not too much trouble...I'm sure you could work something out :thumbup:
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited May 2013
    LtType77 wrote:
    Great idea but i do not see them doing this... EA wants you to spend as much time looking at game as possible.. So when you are designing your town and going through the decorations you see all of the premium items and (at least they hope) you will begin to think about spending some cash. It's a business model that they have thought long and hard about. A business like EA think about all of the ways to get you to spend money..
    Why? That's what people said about the donut confirmation button and here it is. EA is either really really smart and do this deliberately or they do the bare minimum and wait for people to complain and see if it's worth the effort. My opinion is the latter. I think it's just a matter of more people demanding it to be added for ea to take notice or care. I personally would spend money on a feature like this if it was necessary

• Blendz1
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Why? That's what people said about the donut confirmation button and here it is. EA is either really really smart and do this deliberately or they do the bare minimum and wait for people to complain and see if it's worth the effort. My opinion is the latter. I think it's just a matter of more people demanding it to be added for ea to take notice or care. I personally would spend money on a feature like this if it was necessary

[/quote]

That's what I was attempting to do the other day, but it didn't work out so well for me.
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited May 2013
    Blendz1 wrote:
    That's what I was attempting to do the other day, but it didn't work out so well for me.
    Yeh but the difference is we don't need any more female characters. :mrgreen:
    I'm only joking. I assume a lot of people actually complained directly to the ea help desk about losing donuts and they finally got the message. I'm not sure if they pay any attention to this forum

• DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I actually made a thread about this very topic a few weeks back. Suffice it to say, I fully agree and hope this becomes a reality sooner rather than later. I just spent about a week rearranging my entire town in preparation for the Squidport update. I'm trying to model my town as close to the actual Springfield as possible, and when I firt began had oriented everything in the wrong direction. So like I said, I just spent the last 6-7 days rearranging and flipping all the buildings, fences, decorations, roads, etc. It was a nightmare. All together it probably took a good 8-10 hours (I did about an hour or hour and a half each night). If we had the ability to move/flip a large section at a time, it'd probably have taken a couple hours MAX. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it shouldn't feel like a chore, and that surely did.
  • Johneg86
    163 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    That would be nice but I would also love an extra option to move our whole town at once I just spent 3 1/2 weeks redoing my town, and a feature like you mentioned seems so tedious when trying to move an entire town.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!