EA Forums - Banner

[OT] Fast & Furious 6

Prev13
I will see it, Not on first day but sometime between Monday-Thursday from 11-3pm.. We get the tickets for $4.50 then :P

Replies

  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    You're kidding, right? $4.50? It cost more to rent a new release at the video shop where I work, and it's still like $14 to see a movie at the cinemas on the "cheap" day.

    I totally loved the fifth one, it was like watching an awesome 2hr music clip. Great soundtrack, action, they brought all of the old characters back, just freakin' perfect :D
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited May 2013
    You're kidding, right? $4.50? It cost more to rent a new release at the video shop where I work, and it's still like $14 to see a movie at the cinemas on the "cheap" day.

    I totally loved the fifth one, it was like watching an awesome 2hr music clip. Great soundtrack, action, they brought all of the old characters back, just freakin' perfect :D

    :shock: You do not have Redbox where you live? It is $1.20 a night to rent a new movie...

    anytime after 3pm it is like $9.75 a ticket.. its ridiculous...

    I also really liked the 5th one... especially when Letty made a appearance in the credits.. was a good twist i think.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    i haven't seen any of them and never will
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Iam not seeing it, I wish the ended it after Tokyo drift, too much now. I saw a tank in the shorts, I went great now there will be a fast and furious 7 in tanks.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited May 2013
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2013
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(

    Yeah they have bout 4-5 to far
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    Went to a convention a few years ago and saw that Blockbuster are going to utilise the Redbox machines in the years to come. At the moment we have something called Oovie, which is essentially the same as Redbox, you use your credit card though and there has been dodgy stories where they continue to charge credit cards because they claim movies have not been returned etc etc.

    Tokyo Drift is actually the last movie in the timeline of the story, I hope they go back to the ending of that where Dom races Sean and actually show that race. It would give them a chance to redo the drifting which they messed up so badly in the movie. It would also give them the opportunity to continue the series past Tokyo Drift too.
  • boricua619
    45 posts
    edited May 2013
    Part 6 was a decent movie :-)
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(

    Yeah they have bout 4-5 to far

    You crazy! Fast Five did exceptionally well at the box office worldwide and Fast 6 is highly anticipated. I haven't been this pumped for a film since The Avengers. :D
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint!

    This is exactly what I wanted to hear. <3
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(

    Yeah they have bout 4-5 to far

    You crazy! Fast Five did exceptionally well at the box office worldwide and Fast 6 is highly anticipated. I haven't been this pumped for a film since The Avengers. :D

    Nah sorry mate they've lost what they had in the first 3-4 films, Tokyo drift was the last good one, but like you said the drifting a bit far fetched though. Should do a new one about the drifting and touge in Japan.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited May 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(

    Lol lets just say one or two 'stunts' seemed quite impossible to me lol, intact one had the whole cinema in hysterics and it was meant to be serious! However I really enjoyed the film, I went to see it 8 days overdue around 11pm and assumed I would fall asleep but not all! It kept me interested and engaged the whole way through.

    But this one is a lot less to do with cars IMO.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(

    Yeah they have bout 4-5 to far

    You crazy! Fast Five did exceptionally well at the box office worldwide and Fast 6 is highly anticipated. I haven't been this pumped for a film since The Avengers. :D

    Nah sorry mate they've lost what they had in the first 3-4 films, Tokyo drift was the last good one, but like you said the drifting a bit far fetched though. Should do a new one about the drifting and touge in Japan.

    Watch Initial D, you will love it. It's subtitled, but it is set in Japan and has an authentic feel :)
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited May 2013
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint!

    This is exactly what I wanted to hear. <3

    If you're a fan you will definitely enjoy.
  • jerblah
    58 posts
    edited May 2013
    Ill definitely be watching it! I also had a friend who has seen it, and he said it is very good!!
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint! Great fighting scenes as always, not to mention the races however I think they are starting to blur the line between action film and fantasy lol. When you do see it you'll get where I'm coming from.

    Have they gone a bit too far?? :(

    Yeah they have bout 4-5 to far

    You crazy! Fast Five did exceptionally well at the box office worldwide and Fast 6 is highly anticipated. I haven't been this pumped for a film since The Avengers. :D

    Nah sorry mate they've lost what they had in the first 3-4 films, Tokyo drift was the last good one, but like you said the drifting a bit far fetched though. Should do a new one about the drifting and touge in Japan.

    Watch Initial D, you will love it. It's subtitled, but it is set in Japan and has an authentic feel :)


    Mate I love initial d, I've got every DVD to date plus scan screen the new books that are released every six months in Japan, Plus my brother lives in Japan he has shown me some sick pics on the mountain pass drifting plus gone up to my Akagi for me. I also like reading wangan midnight, capeta and countach all good stories.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Nah sorry mate they've lost what they had in the first 3-4 films, Tokyo drift was the last good one, but like you said the drifting a bit far fetched though. Should do a new one about the drifting and touge in Japan.

    WOW!! 5 was WAY better than 3&4 Combined! Don't get me wrong im a big F&F Fan! Hell the 1st one is really close to my life! but to say no.5 is not any good.....Then sir I disagree and challenge you to a duel Emoticon38.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    I saw it two days ago and I must say it didn't disappoint!

    This is exactly what I wanted to hear. <3

    If you're a fan you will definitely enjoy.

    I have the highest of expectations, and only the third one disappointed me. The drifting looked way too fake as emmcee mentioned. Sure there are a few impossible sequences (like the end of the fifth one, 2 supercharged cars cannot pull a 10 tonne safe like that!), but you can't deny they're entertaining as all hell.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2013

    Lol lets just say one or two 'stunts' seemed quite impossible to me lol, intact one had the whole cinema in hysterics and it was meant to be serious! However I really enjoyed the film, I went to see it 8 days overdue around 11pm and assumed I would fall asleep but not all! It kept me interested and engaged the whole way through.

    But this one is a lot less to do with cars IMO.

    I know a couple of people who worked on the cars in the set when they were over here, working on the MK1 escorts and a few of the scenes then seemed a bit far fetched but this is movies after all :lol:

    Still wanna see it :D


    All movies are far fetched that's the point of movies , they have to be otherwise we wouldn't watch them lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!