EA Forums - Banner

Righteouness

dropped to one star with the update, anyone else?
guess im getting some training walls :D
fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish

Replies

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    really? no one else? :o
    and just realized i went down 1 1/2 stars in my main town :D
    Post edited by fastshadow2 on
  • Castiel19x
    4224 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Still at 5 for me.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

Random or pseudorandom...or at least no one’s ever advanced anything close to a cogent, provable hypothesis explaining the drop. Typically occurs during non-event periods or during events that don’t involve the collection of event currency. Just my opinion, but some users worry way too much about this: I’ve noted users with multipliers over 1K absolutely freak about a drop of 2 or 3 stars.
  • Nero’s walls work for righteousness too, if you have them.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Random or pseudorandom...or at least no one’s ever advanced anything close to a cogent, provable hypothesis explaining the drop. Typically occurs during non-event periods or during events that don’t involve the collection of event currency. Just my opinion, but some users worry way too much about this: I’ve noted users with multipliers over 1K absolutely freak about a drop of 2 or 3 stars.
    yeah, i happend to notice the drop but the randomness seems wierd that it happened to my 2 seperate towns. not a big deal to me but was curious if it a lot of towns had the drop happen
    and it seems strange that one town dropped 4 stars and the other only 1 1/2 ;)

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

yeah, i happend to notice the drop but the randomness seems wierd that it happened to my 2 seperate towns. not a big deal to me but was curious if it a lot of towns had the drop happen

Yeah, you’re right; that seems odd. I have no doubt that something in the app code triggers this, but I’ve long since given up trying to figure it out or worry about it. I know that various decorations (e.g., training walls) will boost it, but I quit doing that. Sooner or later, a rating that drops always rebounds (sometimes quickly, sometimes over a matter of weeks or even months) without any conscious intervention on my part.

• really? no one else? :o

Yeah, you’re right; that seems odd. I have no doubt that something in the app code triggers this, but I’ve long since given up trying to figure it out or worry about it. I know that various decorations (e.g., training walls) will boost it, but I quit doing that. Sooner or later, a rating that drops always rebounds (sometimes quickly, sometimes over a matter of weeks or even months) without any conscious intervention on my part.
    like the new pic, just noticed it

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    like the new pic, just noticed it.

:) Thanks. I like to make ‘em relevant to whatever the current event may be.

• like the new pic, just noticed it.

:) Thanks. I like to make ‘em relevant to whatever the current event may be.
    :D it took me a second to figure that out after reading your post...ooohhhh prohibition :D

• Mine only seemed to drop when I vandalized buildings in my friends towns. It has been 5 stars since I put away the spray paint.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Mine only seemed to drop when I vandalized buildings in my friends towns. It has been 5 stars since I put away the spray paint.
    i don’t vandalize my neighbors, i barely visit them even though i like them :D
    do you get vandalized often? the idea has been kicked around that being vandalized a lot might cause a drop in righteousness. in my towns i don’t get vandalized often enough to be an issue and if you stopped vandalising than maybe they stopped vandalising you as often

• I have to scrub graffiti almost daily. I guess my neighbors think my town is too drab :-)
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I have to scrub graffiti almost daily. I guess my neighbors think my town is too drab :-)
    just remeber that the idea is just a theory and not a fact. some neighbors do care about the graffiti but some neighbors don’t care. just play the game the way you like to
    and if thy graffiti, it could be that there is not much for them to tap or are doing visits quickly

• I have to scrub graffiti almost daily. I guess my neighbors think my town is too drab :-)
    just remeber that the idea is just a theory and not a fact. some neighbors do care about the graffiti but some neighbors don’t care. just play the game the way you like to
    and if thy graffiti, it could be that there is not much for them to tap or are doing visits quickly

I was going to mention this @fastshadow2 but you beat me to it. Back when I did visits regularly, there were times when there wasn't anything to tap but the graffiti buildings, so they got painted. I never cared one way or the other, but as someone said some do get kinda nutty about it. Ive heard of people getting deleted off friend list for it!

As for losing stars/ righteousness rating dropping, again Im not worried about it these days, but I used to keep a few training walls in my inventory and pull out just enough to get it back uo to 5 stars,then slowly remove them over time till they werent needed anymore.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • kenwright1754
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Mine dropped to 1star before the thanksgiving event. I’ve had Snake, Herman, Gina & Fat Tony in prison with the henchmen playing poker or bragging about the day all for 24hrs ever since. No improvement on my stats.
  • Mine dropped to 1star before the thanksgiving event. I’ve had Snake, Herman, Gina & Fat Tony in prison with the henchmen playing poker or bragging about the day all for 24hrs ever since. No improvement on my stats.

No doubt because those actions have no effect on righteousness in spite of the claims of some users. If you’re determined to immediately raise righteousness, training walls and Nero walls have a demonstrable effect.
  • Thanks so much for the info guys, I've only been playing since October so still trying to get my head found some stuff as main events have played a big part a lot of the time. I noticed before Bart Royale that my righteousness stars dropped to zero on Tuesdays and Fridays and the only thing that seemed to build them back up was cleaning graffiti which doesn't bother me at all. It stayed at 5 stars through that event and dropped yesterday, possibly after vandalizing neighbour's towns which I only do now if they aren't at 5 stars after reading that some people really don't like it . I've been looking for things to boost it but have only noticed high donut purchase buildings like the rigellian saviour (although I did buy Jesus). I've read somewhere on here that tapping SSB in OS boosts it but it hasn't had that effect for me, I hadn't even noticed that training walls boost righteousness so it looks like that's the way to go for me :smile: thanks again
  • laffinlass wrote: »
    ... I've read somewhere on here that tapping SSB in OS boosts it but it hasn't had that effect for me ...

I tried that once. It takes a lot of cycles to get it up 1/2 a star.
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • Thanks for that Frosted1414, training walls it is then :smile: