EA Forums - Banner

Warning Regarding Purchasing Premium Items - Ongoing Major Glitch

Replies

• Received a response from EA help this morning...they acknowledged the bug as something many other users have reported and they assured that a dev team is diligently working on a fix. Was asked to be patient while they work through it and was told by the rep in the email that I could have a rollback if I wished.... based on what others have said here I am inclined to wait for the patch but wanted to confirm with the community if this was a long standing commitment on EA'S part to fix or if I should just bite it and take the rollback...

If it helps, this problem has been around since at least June of last year. I don’t know if EA has been “diligently working” on the issue since that time, but whatever is going on behind the scenes ain’t happening very quickly.

• Received a response from EA help this morning...they acknowledged the bug as something many other users have reported and they assured that a dev team is diligently working on a fix. Was asked to be patient while they work through it and was told by the rep in the email that I could have a rollback if I wished.... based on what others have said here I am inclined to wait for the patch but wanted to confirm with the community if this was a long standing commitment on EA'S part to fix or if I should just bite it and take the rollback...

If it helps, this problem has been around since at least June of last year. I don’t know if EA has been “diligently working” on the issue since that time, but whatever is going on behind the scenes ain’t happening very quickly.

So... from your experience, would u recommend just having them rollback my acct?
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

So... from your experience, would u recommend just having them rollback my acct?

It it were me, yes, I’d ask for a rollback. If you’re going the rollback route, the sooner the better, of course.

• I just noticed I lost all my donuts as well. I had just purchased the 900 pack and only bought a couple premium items that didn’t total anywhere near 900 donuts.

It it were me, yes, I’d ask for a rollback. If you’re going the rollback route, the sooner the better, of course.

I rolled back. It took several attempts and many hours of emailing back and forth but I was able to reset to march 8th. ( The issue happened late on march 10th but they had no luck rolling back to the 10th or the ninth...). Other than lost progress I think I'm back to even keel.

I put the duff gardens in storage just in case... here's to hoping it takes permanently and that I can get caught back up in the event! Ty KrustyBrand for the advice!
  • Add me to the list. No response yet.
  • Probably a good time for me to give up playing too. Been on since very early days and completed every event since. Would give me a lot more free time.
  • I just got it today. Yesterday I bought a mystery box and got blarney castle. Today the old 5 day daily challenge popped up with a Burns mystery box for the fifth day. Then many past mini events scrolled through. I don't think I lost anything except for the current event store.
  • Upon further inspection, SH, money mountain,IRS, and monorail have all reverted back to square one. This is very frustrating and not a fun way to play this game.
  • For those getting this, how long have you been playing? I keep seeing people saying they have been playing from the beginning. Are there any newer players affected by this?
  • I started with superhero 1 event.
    I purchased Duff gardens when it was first released. Somebody thought that might be a trigger.
  • barger9 wrote: »
    Upon further inspection, SH, money mountain,IRS, and monorail have all reverted back to square one. This is very frustrating and not a fun way to play this game.

Add the redwood to that list.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    For those getting this, how long have you been playing? I keep seeing people saying they have been playing from the beginning. Are there any newer players affected by this?

I was only recently affected by the bug and have been playing for almost 5 years.
    Upon further inspection, SH, money mountain,IRS, and monorail have all reverted back to square one. This is very frustrating and not a fun way to play this game.

Use the EA help function online. Select email contact state your issues and what efforts you have gone to already to remedy ( i.e. clear cache, force stop, uninstall/reinstall, forum suggestions, etc.) And let them know you are experiencing what others have reported on the forum here. I specifically asked not to be rolled back but in the end it was required. Yes, I lost almost all progress in the current event but I have been able to play hassle free since they rolled it back. Note- be nice and courteous to the rep and they will treat you the same. I was given 50 donuts for my troubles all said and done and I didn't ask for compensation.
  • barger9
    100 posts Member
    I have seen reports of this happening multiple times to people. I would hate to go through all this and it happen again next week. I don't know.
    I have seen reports of this happening multiple times to people. I would hate to go through all this and it happen again next week. I don't know.

In the absence of hard data, all we can do is guess, but based on user reports made in this forum it does seem as though if you’ve been bitten once by this particular bug, the odds of it appearing in the future increase.

• I was hit with this last Thursday, I contacted EA on Friday to get a rollback, and I just got it today so it takes a while. I've had to deal with EA 3 different times for this game over the years and I suggest calling them if you can. I don't think I've ever gotten a response from an email about a problem.
  • I've had it happen to me once before since playing. Happened maybe about a little over a year and a half ago. It was before I got on the forums. But I got a mystery box with blue haired lawyer. And the bug wouldn't let me tap the box to go through characters. They did a rollback and I was credited a few donuts and blue haired lawyer. I haven't had the issue since and I'll keep an up to date phone just to hopefully avoid these type of issues.
    8zo1rxyp9j49.jpg
  • EA's latest suggestion to me was to play the game on someone elses phone. Ummm, if my account has this cancer and it has it on both devices i play on, then why would using a friend's phone fix it?? Warning to people just getting this disease, EA will tell you anything to get your case closed, even if it's not true. They are "diligently working on a fix". So am I. There, I said it, so that absolutely makes it true. So, people, don't worry, I'm diligently going to fix this for all of us. Smh
    I started with superhero 1 event.
    I purchased Duff gardens when it was first released. Somebody thought that might be a trigger.

I never purchased Duff Gardens and when the glitch happened 6 days ago got a Gill offer for Duff Gardens. Deleted the app 3 days ago, dont ever plan on purchasing supporting or endorsing an EA product again