EA Forums - Banner

Warning Regarding Purchasing Premium Items - Ongoing Major Glitch

Replies

• I'm about to purchase some donuts. My game hasn't glitched yet. Do you think I should go ahead anyway?
  • I'm about to purchase some donuts. My game hasn't glitched yet. Do you think I should go ahead anyway?

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy any donuts as long as this is going on especially now when you can get stuck unable to gain donuts and the CS response is to post your concern here on the forums.

They actually tell people "I would suggest you to post the concern on EA official forum. Forums are the best platform to directly communicate with the EA developers." then you are given the link.

I would not advise anyone to spend any money on the game until this is fixed.
  • Lifewoos wrote: »
    I'm about to purchase some donuts. My game hasn't glitched yet. Do you think I should go ahead anyway?

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy any donuts as long as this is going on especially now when you can get stuck unable to gain donuts and the CS response is to post your concern here on the forums.

They actually tell people "I would suggest you to post the concern on EA official forum. Forums are the best platform to directly communicate with the EA developers." then you are given the link.

Maybe if the money starts to dry up they will be motivated to help people instead of dumping them here with some bull about developers, which doesnt even sound right. The best way to "directly" contact someone is on the phone or by email, not by posting in a random tread on a public fourm website
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
    I'm about to purchase some donuts. My game hasn't glitched yet. Do you think I should go ahead anyway?

Maybe if the money starts to dry up they will be motivated to help people instead of dumping them here with some bull about developers, which doesnt even sound right. The best way to "directly" contact someone is on the phone or by email, not by posting in a random tread on a public fourm website

The most disappointing part was how quickly and helpful they were to restore me when it happened (for the second time to me) yesterday. But apparently the issue is growing and getting worse. Maybe this is how our game dies.

Sorry, disagree.

1. While, admittedly, quite a few people have reported this bug, as a proportion of the entire user base, the number of those affected seems relatively tiny.

2. We’ve heard recently through the grapevine that developers are working on a fix that may take the form of a patch that could soon be pushed out to all users. That will be great, if true. But we’ve heard similar claims before. This bug has existed for the greater part of a year. Who knows with any degree of certainty when it will be behind us?

My advice, for what little it may be worth: If your game isn’t glitched and you were planning on buying donuts, go ahead an buy ‘em.

• I had this similar issue occur today. I've called twice today. The first time i was told to just restart my phone and that would fix it. Nope. Called again and was told to reinstall. As my game was still updating i was told that if this doesn't fix it, that it's then a 'known issue' and that the developers would be working on a fix in the near future. Not helpful at all.
  • Everything here is true. The only thing I might suggest is that in your correspondence with the rep, make it well known ahead of the troubleshooting that you have already cleared cache, force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled and that you need a rollback to xx date, the day before you had the bug hit. If you help them, they will help you. Letting them know that you have researched the issue on the forum and taken the initial steps shows them you have basic knowledge of what is the actual issue. Rollbacks are no fun, you lose progress and it's frustrating to have to deal with. At least it's not like the summer where some of us could log in for a few minutes a day before the crash cycle hit...that took months before it was fixed for me...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Everything here is true. The only thing I might suggest is that in your correspondence with the rep, make it well known ahead of the troubleshooting that you have already cleared cache, force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled and that you need a rollback to xx date, the day before you had the bug hit. If you help them, they will help you. Letting them know that you have researched the issue on the forum and taken the initial steps shows them you have basic knowledge of what is the actual issue. Rollbacks are no fun, you lose progress and it's frustrating to have to deal with. At least it's not like the summer where some of us could log in for a few minutes a day before the crash cycle hit...that took months before it was fixed for me...

I’ve had to have my game rolled back three times in the last three months, twice in the last week. These last two times, I started both by telling them essentially “I’ve seen this before, you need to do a roll back, yes you have permission.”

But this last time, the rep claimed they could only do it as a one-time exception, as if doing their job and fixing a broken game was some kind of favor.
  • middlehead wrote: »
    Everything here is true. The only thing I might suggest is that in your correspondence with the rep, make it well known ahead of the troubleshooting that you have already cleared cache, force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled and that you need a rollback to xx date, the day before you had the bug hit. If you help them, they will help you. Letting them know that you have researched the issue on the forum and taken the initial steps shows them you have basic knowledge of what is the actual issue. Rollbacks are no fun, you lose progress and it's frustrating to have to deal with. At least it's not like the summer where some of us could log in for a few minutes a day before the crash cycle hit...that took months before it was fixed for me...

I’ve had to have my game rolled back three times in the last three months, twice in the last week. These last two times, I started both by telling them essentially “I’ve seen this before, you need to do a roll back, yes you have permission.”

But this last time, the rep claimed they could only do it as a one-time exception, as if doing their job and fixing a broken game was some kind of favor.

I just got off the phone with them (3rd time today). I asked for a rollback the rep acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. Then stated that they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. I asked if this was just **** or not as it appears of have been an issue for months now. He didn't really answer outside of telling me that they are working on it.

So maybe they finally have enough people calling in to actually fix it now or it was just ****. either way, if it's not resolved within a week for me, i'll probably just uninstall.
    Everything here is true. The only thing I might suggest is that in your correspondence with the rep, make it well known ahead of the troubleshooting that you have already cleared cache, force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled and that you need a rollback to xx date, the day before you had the bug hit. If you help them, they will help you. Letting them know that you have researched the issue on the forum and taken the initial steps shows them you have basic knowledge of what is the actual issue. Rollbacks are no fun, you lose progress and it's frustrating to have to deal with. At least it's not like the summer where some of us could log in for a few minutes a day before the crash cycle hit...that took months before it was fixed for me...

I just got off the phone with them (3rd time today). I asked for a rollback the rep acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. Then stated that they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. I asked if this was just **** or not as it appears of have been an issue for months now. He didn't really answer outside of telling me that they are working on it.

So maybe they finally have enough people calling in to actually fix it now or it was just ****. either way, if it's not resolved within a week for me, i'll probably just uninstall.

They've been "working" on it since last June.
  • Bomb319
    117 posts Member
    I find it quite sad that this is how they treat a loyal customer base that has, in some cases, spent hundreds of dollars on this game (like me). Thankfully I haven't experienced this glitch, but I certainly feel for those who have - and would like to believe that should I encounter such a serious error, they would be happy to assist me as a paying customer.
  • Bomb319 wrote: »
    I find it quite sad that this is how they treat a loyal customer base that has, in some cases, spent hundreds of dollars on this game (like me). Thankfully I haven't experienced this glitch, but I certainly feel for those who have - and would like to believe that should I encounter such a serious error, they would be happy to assist me as a paying customer.

Yeah, they sure will. Keep thinking that. They'll be happy to tell you to post here to get rid of you
  • Here's an idea. When they tell you to post on the forum so a game creator can see it, tell them you did and one of them told you to call customer support and open a ticket. See what they say to that.
  • I wonder if they're waiting to see if they get sold off to Microsoft?

I took a shot in the dark and decided to email support with my issues. They replied by morning basically telling me that with my issue that the only resolution was a rollback (warning me of the issues). I got back to them in the afternoon and told them that I was ok as of 3 days ago. 30 min later, my game was restored to 3 days ago. Not sure why it took 3 phone calls and an email to get to this point but i'm 'fixed' at the moment. This rep told me that the problem was caused by a corrupt file. If that's the case, i'm not sure what other fix would resolve this issue, once it happens to a user.
  • +1 on suffering from the glitch. Started last night.
    Was offered the Duff Gardens Gil deal (from 2016) as part of the glitch. :D (bought it)
    The game seems playable for now (although irritating without the top left button not working), so won't be contacting customer support.
  • Got this now too after purchasing duffman, lady Duff & Duff factory combo! I'm freemium & had saved up a load of donuts to buy this. Game was fine after I bought it then went wrong this evening. So annoying! Tried uninstalling & logging off etc.
  • heyababy47428
    1041 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Got my rollback today after being denied a few times. Lost Manacek in the process (oh well I guess) but my game is back to normal for now. *edit also I had bought about 50 of those stone townhouses.
  • That eye mask on sky finger at the splash screen has me extremely anxious and worried... I swear if pieman shows up and wrecks my game again...☠☠☠
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Got mine rolled back, but have had to spend over 60 donuts to get St Patricks day back to being completed before the event ends! Still waiting for my donuts to be added back on as I bought Duff factory & duffman & lady Duff. It all ends so soon!