EA Forums - Banner

What if (god forbid) tapped out got shut down - what would you want to have closure?

Prev134
I was thinking about this because I was reminiscing about another ea game called pet socity and how it got shut down. I know how much effort people have put in to their towns, myself included, and I feel like as a community we'd want some preparation time so we could remember the town's we've created or, some kind of way to visit and play what items you have offline. I was kind of coming up with what I know I would want to have closure and have a nice memory of tapped out before it got shut down, so here are my terms so to speak (I guess)

1- As many land tokens as you need for free or at least alot cheaper to finish off plots of land and square of pesky corners

2- The ability to a) have enough time to first, finish decorating after land tokens, and then stitch screen grabs the old fashioned way or b) a last update to allow a full snap shot mode of some kind, that's hi res so you can zoom in on the image and veiw it properly, almost like a where's Waldo. ( which could be difficult I don't really know)

3- Alternatively the ability to continue playing the app offline, with just standard decorations available (maybe make it so premium items are purchased with standard in game money instead for extra fun)

I'm not too sure I'm still thinking about it but I know I'd want at least enough time to finish off my town with what I've got and get full screen grabs of everything for one final photo of it all.

Replies

• I wouldn’t be bothered as it’s just a game. These things happen all the time.
  • WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!! :#:D
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I'd cease to exist if this ever happened.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I wouldn’t be bothered as it’s just a game. These things happen all the time.

Really? How long have you been playing for? I would be bummed out about it going but all I'd need is a momento of the time I spent on it just so I can look back at it every now and then or show friends in the future who might have played it!
    I completely agree with you though these games do come and go but I do feel like tapped out is the only game I've spent this much time activly playing, at least once a day for 4 -5 years now! There is always the animal crossing game now though xD I find it hard to balence both games at the moment!
    If tapped out ever did get shut down I'll take it on the chin and move on at the end of the day!
  • tVsRG7Q.jpg
    Doooom
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • @LittleSquishie I’ve been playing since day one. The game really doesn’t have any sentiment value to me as I said it’s just a game.
  • giphy-downsized.gif
    :::::
  • 862f6fd0fa7d4ded199ae46de94a25c08f3022fbf3483b0204cc8cab112a2375.jpg

Just abide man
  • The world as we know it will cease to exist. Fires, floods, locusts, plagues! Dogs and cats will become friends. Up will be down. In will become out! Left and right will be hot and off, respectively. All kinds of other crazy, unbelievable stuff will happen.

Or life will go one as it has for millions of years. Who knows?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Have you tried nuking? ;)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Have you tried nuking? ;)

I forgot to put that one on my list! Thanks
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • bluntcard
    3940 posts Member
    First the irritation would set in followed by the shakes and possible convulsions, the night sweats would be terrible, but once that would end one might emerge a beautiful butterfly with a life and new found time on his or her hands.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.

You spelled "drinking" wrong...

You spelled "drinking" wrong...

Ha ha haaar! :D:D:D
  • If that happened, my life would not revolve around a 4 hour cycle.
    But it hasn't, so I'll just enjoy the game for as long as it lasts.
  • wadebear
    4133 posts Member
    I'd require Tapped Out: The Board Game!
  • wadebear wrote: »
    I'd require Tapped Out: The Board Game!
    51XHpTbCswL._SX355_.jpg

• I would be bummed nothing new is coming. I was just thinking to myself today though that it could be a long time before it ends since the Simpson creators have their hands in it. I've been playing Sims Mobile. And for once I don't feel much of a burden playing two games together regularly. I hope that life is still full in this game. Go check out the simpsonwave if you like that I posted in off topic. It was released Dec. and it's pretty good.
  • I would be super-bummed if it ended. Some of the events are lame, but that's to be expected for a game that's been around as long as this one has.