EA Forums - Banner

Old tasks come back to haunt

Mr_Martypants
37 posts Member
edited March 2018
I think I read this elsewhere, so sorry if this is a rehash.

I exited the game after completing a daily task. When I re-entered, I was told that I missed a daily challenge. My tablet's date and time are right, but I ****** [edit: sighed] it up and paid a donut to get right anyway. Next a bunch of screens came up, starting with a notification that Valentine's Day 2016 was over and showing me that I missed out on a character (I have the Home won't buy champagne issue), then 3 or 4 other older events popped up as well. Everything ended with Gil offering me Lizard Queen Lisa.

And now my game is broken. When I tap character icons in the upper right, nothing, not even a sound effect. My tap to collect radius from the old IRS event is also effected. I haven't played on my phone for a few days, so I am scared to even start the game on it.

Any word on what's going on, or how to fix?

Edit 2, One more thing: I've been on vacation the last week or so, and had a boat load of donuts saved up. Last night I spent many MANY donuts on Mystery Boxes. Maybe I triggered an internal audit for donut hoarders? Just speculating.

Replies

• I just had the same thing happen to me. See this thread. https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues#latest
  • Thanks,
    I went through older posts on TSTOAddicts as well, and saw that I needed to submit a tech support ticket with EA.
  • Well, I got my game fixed. Sent an email to support and they rolled me back.

Cost? 1100 nuts, and about 10M monies. I do keep a spreadsheet with all my purchases so I have a pretty good idea of what's coming and going. I just wasn't tracking monies.

Before the rollback, I was sitting on a boatload of nuts. I spent half that on Mystery Boxes, over a period of about 2 hours. I spent a remaining land token and recharged my collider, too. I also lost a couple of days of event work. I got my land token back though.

It was a pretty devastating hit considering the time it took to generate it. At least I got my game back.
  • There is a fix without a rollback, but no one wants to do it. I've been corresponding for weeks to get mine fixed. Several people lately have said they got it fixed without the rollback. I refuse to lose my donuts, my real cash used for said donuts and the last event. They offered me 20 donuts for my loss if I chose a rollback. Said that will get me "quickly back to where I was". Not for 20 donuts, lol.
  • I have had the same issues. Lost the current event. Lost tap radius. Pie man event started. Announced the 2016 Valentine event was over, among with several others. Burns mountain back to beginning. Tapping character in upper right doesn't work.
    This happened on 3/11. I contacted EA help 3 times and so far nothing has been done to fix my game. It looks like others have had their games restored. What steps do I need to take for that to happen?
    Thanksfor your help!
  • CandyS2001 wrote: »
    I have had the same issues. Lost the current event. Lost tap radius. Pie man event started. Announced the 2016 Valentine event was over, among with several others. Burns mountain back to beginning. Tapping character in upper right doesn't work.
    This happened on 3/11. I contacted EA help 3 times and so far nothing has been done to fix my game. It looks like others have had their games restored. What steps do I need to take for that to happen?
    Thanksfor your help!
    Contact EA again. Hopefully this time you will get a rep that actually knows what to do. Good luck.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • CandyS2001
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank you! Muhsterino
  • Same problem for me - hope there will be a fix soon with some compensation for the screw-up.
  • thewaver8 wrote: »
    Same problem for me - hope there will be a fix soon with some compensation for the screw-up.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix to just show up, this has been happening for close to a year, and has been getting worse lately. So it's not a "screw up" You need to get in touch with EA and keep on them until they help you!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I have had all the same issues, I contacted EA and requested a roll back, they did 2 separate ones, neither worked. I was then told I would have to wait until the studio gets back to me. I've put a lot of time into this dam game! Has anyone gotten this far and gotten any results? Please help
  • I have had all the same issues, I contacted EA and requested a roll back, they did 2 separate ones, neither worked. I was then told I would have to wait until the studio gets back to me. I've put a lot of time into this dam game! Has anyone gotten this far and gotten any results? Please help
    Many players have had the same bug, as detailed in this ever-growing thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues#latest
    Note - if they do a rollback, clear your cache, as some players have been hit with this bug several times.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS