EA Forums - Banner

New stuff from "the files" (KRUSTYLAND!!)

Replies

• thesimdeej33
    28 posts
    edited May 2013
    First Squidport, next is Krustyland, whats next ?! - Duff Gardens?? would so be cool if they did! this game is getting better and better!
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013

This one may help a bit better on the eyes. :D
    j5Ggh.jpg

Thanks Mel. I see that one as well. I was trying to find one where you could clearly see the numbers on the map but alas, I failed.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6306 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I don't want a separate map for Krustyland. It's gonna feel weird. Why can't they just expand the area to the left & let us put Krustyland there
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited May 2013
    This is gonna be one hell of an update. :D
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited May 2013
    Well I'll be Damn! With all these great updates bout to be released and school is basically almost over...this is going to be an awesome summer! :D
  • wastecoatMay
    64 posts
    edited June 2013
    I think both methods have pros and cons:

Pros:
    Potentially reduce crashes in Springfield due to the sheer volume of Krustyland.
    Perhaps EA is testing the waters to see if this can apply to other locations as well (Itchy and Scratchy Land, Camp Krusty?)

Cons:
    Obviously since we mention crashes there is always a chance that when you send characters to Krustyland and they get lost in transition or bounce back to Springfield.

I don't see any new characters but that could be because they don't want to anchor them to Krustyland but they would release new characters in Springfield and you would shuttle them over. My money is on Sarcastic Guy.
  • blackgryphon9999
    661 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    This is really awesome. Excellent work Shadiest_One. I really really hope they just expand the current map and don't make this a separate map. But that shuttle stuff makes me think it will be separate. I wonder, if it is a separate map, would we be able to visit our friends Krustyland? Maybe an option to choose to visit Springfield or Krustyland. I guess we will find out in July/August, or maybe sooner :)

I think you're right about the timing. Late summer sounds about right. Before then we'll have Squidport and level 31 content, IMO.

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready...
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2013

Cons:
    Obviously since we mention crashes there is always a chance that when you send characters to Krustyland and they get lost in transition or bounce back to Springfield.

I never thought of that. A character getting lost in transition would be the worst!
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't want a separate map for Krustyland. It's gonna feel weird. Why can't they just expand the area to the left & let us put Krustyland there
    I'd rather this be seperate given the amount of things you can do with an amusement park. Like instead of a single coaster taking up X blocks, you can actually lay down coaster tracks. Or perhaps you can build a tunnel waterpark by laying sections of lazy river?

Give me the option to place a 20x20 Krustyland "entrance" building in Springfield and then tap it to actually build the park. I'll take that any day over trying to manage all of that AND my town.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Krustyland needs to happen, I want all of it.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2013
    Looking at that picture the Krustyland is likely to be a totally different map :(

The loading times to switch between the two could be a nightmare :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited June 2013
    This looks so awesome! It'll put squid port to shame. Love the idea of a separate map, especially if it'll reduce crashes. Maybe this is the level 31 update and squid port is just an AppStore update? No reason we'd get two level updates in two weeks. Not that we're going to see squid port this week anyway. LoL
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I honestly don't see Krustyland happening for at least a month.
    But then again who knows
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited June 2013
    But then again who knows
    That's what I mean. If EA intends to make it up to us for a crappy level 30, they could mean Krustyland to be 31 and will be at some point in July, that way they have more time to work on it or whatever.
    Still hope squid port will come this week, but highly doubtful.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited June 2013
    This looks so awesome! It'll put squid port to shame. Love the idea of a separate map, especially if it'll reduce crashes. Maybe this is the level 31 update and squid port is just an AppStore update? No reason we'd get two level updates in two weeks. Not that we're going to see squid port this week anyway. LoL

+1. I'm excited for Krustyland. Squidport is definitely an App Store update, as the version number switches from 4.2.4 to 4.3 which can only be done with an App Store update. I hope Krustyland is level 31 but I don't think so, all evidence indicates Level 31 is Wolfcastle/Mansion/All night gym. I'm hoping middle -late July for Krustyland, but with Squidport coming soon, early August could be the time.
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited June 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:

+1. I'm excited for Krustyland. Squidport is definitely an App Store update, as the version number switches from 4.2.4 to 4.3 which can only be done with an App Store update. I hope Krustyland is level 31 but I don't think so, all evidence indicates Level 31 is Wolfcastle/Mansion/All night gym. I'm hoping middle -late July for Krustyland, but with Squidport coming soon, early August could be the time.

In the files Wolfcastle quests says something like "should have been last update" and they removed the quest that introduced Herman so I think he might come with Squidport.Fingers crossed
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited June 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:

In the files Wolfcastle quests says something like "should have been last update" and they removed the quest that introduced Herman so I think he might come with Squidport.Fingers crossed

That's a good point. He was originally supposed to be level 30 and Herman was 31, so that's why he was part of that quest initially. It's definitely possible he comes with Squidport, but going off the dialouge at the end of the Herman quest, where Homer says something like "really , Herman? He's the best character left to add?" And Wiggum responds with his "something better coming in level 31" comment, made me think it was about a bigger , more well known character like Wolfcastle. Just speculating.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited June 2013
    But then again who knows
    That's what I mean. If EA intends to make it up to us for a crappy level 30, they could mean Krustyland to be 31 and will be at some point in July, that way they have more time to work on it or whatever.
    Still hope squid port will come this week, but highly doubtful.

Level 30 was awesome... Herman and Jasper. You must be a non-premium player.
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I think Level 30 is pretty cool, too, if only to be able to have Jasper mixing up his medication. That's a paddlin'.
  • inkslinger61308
    21 posts
    edited June 2013
    Waiting for this :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.