EA Forums - Banner

I need someone to talk me out of the Boat...load

Replies

• XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited May 2013
    Think how annoyed you will be if your game is lost, 50 squid. Half of what you need for weekend end away with the wife, quarter of what you need for weekend away with someone elses wife.

I hope your better half doesn't know you talk like that, Jelly. :wink:
    I can't quite bring myself to spend so much cash on a game. It it was a lot cheaper then I might but the thought of spending 50 quid on something that might not arrive then having to fight to get the money back....

One of the reasons I have been hesitant up to this point but I figured by now they would have worked out the kinks.
    It all comes down to how you want to handle the money you earn. Don't forget, a lot of the people on this forum can afford/willing to have an entertainment budget that includes Tsto pixels (like me). If you're not in this category and money is tight, forget it. Save that money for a rainy day or save it for traveling or heck just go out and have a nice night out.
    Also do you really have to go boatload? Why don't you just get less donuts?

Money isn't tight, I'm just thinking of the principle of the thing - do I want to give money to EA, do I want to pay for something that is not really practical?! :lol: I'm only considering the boatload because it's the only one that's worthwhile and not just for Squidport; just think of Halloween and Christmas. There's not much I want out of the premium stuff at the moment - I don't need everything, so I'm hoping a boatload will last a while... :?

Thank you for all your input - most of you were unhelpful :wink: You know who you are...GeekJen, Rolybert, Epicnezz, Marcovarius etc. :lol:

My mum was the worst - she doesn’t even know how the game works but when I told her about spending money on it she was 100% for it…practically forcing me to buy the boatload. She believes everyone should spend money on crap once in a while. However I frequently spend money on crap. :D

I think I have gotten a bit carried away after being ill and spending every waking moment playing…

I have therefore decided to not buy the boatload. I am happy with the free stuff I get even if some of the premiums look cool. To be honest I would rather spend money and get some of the items I have missed like the cemeteries. If one day I have to spend money on donuts then so be it. At the moment I have not finished my town so have plenty of game ahead. Hopefully my town will look amazing even without the perks. :D

Now, who is proud of me?
    Ouch! Watch ur mouth young man! :mrgreen: Answer me this sir, "What took u longer, typing all this or deciding whether or not to purchase the Boatload?" :mrgreen:
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    You didn't buy it? Reading these posts I thought you would, lol. You can't deny that is the best Gil deal to date. :mrgreen:
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'm waiting for ur response mmmmdonuts0. :twisted: :mrgreen: Edit: Like ur avatar! Roger is hilarious in American Dad! :D
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm waiting for ur response mmmmdonuts0. :twisted: :mrgreen: Edit: Like ur avatar! Roger is hilarious in American Dad! :D

Well. I've woken up and I feel happy those monkeys at EA didn't get my money! :D

And writing that was quick because it came from a very content place in my heart :lol: Stop being the little devil on my shoulder Epicnezz!!

Roger has to be my favourite cartoon character - yes, even above Homer! (Though I much prefer Simpsons to American Dad.) You can't beat Roger and it's the only reason I feel a little bad not buying the boatload. Roger would have wanted me too...and then said the game was crap 5 minutes later and thrown the computer out the window.

Now I am going to go spend £50 on something actually worthwhile like...more wine. You can't have too much wine!
  • nutsforbart
    144 posts
    edited May 2013

Well. I've woken up and I feel happy those monkeys at EA didn't get my money! :D

And writing that was quick because it came from a very content place in my heart :lol: Stop being the little devil on my shoulder Epicnezz!!

Roger has to be my favourite cartoon character - yes, even above Homer! (Though I much prefer Simpsons to American Dad.) You can't beat Roger and it's the only reason I feel a little bad not buying the boatload. Roger would have wanted me too...and then said the game was crap 5 minutes later and thrown the computer out the window.

Now I am going to go spend £50 on something actually worthwhile like...more wine. You can't have too much wine!

Congrats "donuts". I bet it feels good. (-:

• cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited May 2013

Well. I've woken up and I feel happy those monkeys at EA didn't get my money! :D [/quote]

Me too :lol:
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    DON'T DO IT! As someone previously mentioned, it's like CRACK! Once you do it, you could be hooked!

Aint nobody want to develop a crack like habit.....

1bec62a5_ds_img_direct.jpeg
    tumblr_lndoy0kDly1qh0epb.gif
    tumblr_lemt4yQV3U1qcfba3o1_500.gif
    tumblr_lhh2igrOtj1qcfba3o1_500.gif
    Mmmmmm peanut butter and crack sandwich.
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    DON'T DO IT! As someone previously mentioned, it's like CRACK! Once you do it, you could be hooked!

Aint nobody want to develop a crack like habit.....

1bec62a5_ds_img_direct.jpeg
    tumblr_lhh2igrOtj1qcfba3o1_500.gif
    Mmmmmm peanut butter and crack sandwich.

There are definitly some things you should spend money on...mmmm peanut butter :wink:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_m0jsk2gt241r9qcjmo1_500.jpg
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    tumblr_m0jsk2gt241r9qcjmo1_500.jpg

Yes, but will they have peanut butter sandwiches??
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I dare say so,plenty of crack to sprinkle on too lol
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited May 2013
    Well, I must be honest and admit that I'm a little disappointed that you didn't help Ole Gil out but I am glad you came back and let us know what the final outcome was. I hate cliffhangers. 8)

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    More donuts for me then! :) I go to the movies at least 50 times a year and spend waaaay more $ on entertainment than this game! YOLO!! :D
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    More donuts for me then! :) I go to the movies at least 50 times a year and spend waaaay more $ on entertainment than this game! YOLO!! :D

LOL @ YOLO. Indeed. :thumbup:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    You can give me your money. If your giving money away for nothing. Lol
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Congrats "donuts". I bet it feels good. (-:

Thanks for your imput and your congrats. :D To be honest I don't feel any different then before the sale!
    Well, I must be honest and admit that I'm a little disappointed that you didn't help Ole Gil out but I am glad you came back and let us know what the final outcome was. I hate cliffhangers. 8)

Wow, I feel like I have disappointed a lot of people on this forum - LOL - however I did not disappoint myself which I think is more important. :D

When I have my town finished after Squidport I shall post pics and everyone can decide if it needs premiums or not!

Everyone spends their money differently and some feel really strongly about this game but I just don't have the same lifestyle and don't think this game is worth money since most of it is free. If you want to spend $ on it then go ahead; I don't care - I not your bank or your mother - whatever makes you happy!! In the end you can't take it with you! :thumbup:

• edited May 2013
    I, for many reasons, have jailbroken my ipad and have unlimited donuts. I started a topic about sharing these with my fellow tapped out players by purchasing premium items for you but i think it got banned. Can't think why!!!!

Anyway. If you would like me to purchase premium items for you just pm me your password and user name and let me know which items you would like.

I will let you know when i am about to log into your game and will place the items in your inventory.

I know that sounds like a bad idea but i am just sharing the wealth. Feel free to make a new account and send the details to me to see if its legit!

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible of any loss of game data or loss of enjoyment from cheating! Actual donuts will be lost as the only way for unlimited donuts is to have a negative amount of donuts allowing purchase of anything in game.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited May 2013
    I started a topic about sharing these with my fellow tapped out players by purchasing premium items for you but i think it got banned. Can't think why!!!!

in_before_the_lock.gif
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    If there were ever a good time to buy it would be now. The previous 25% sale was for more donuts. For example the boatload cost $100 but you would get 25% more donuts. This sale is 25% off of the cost. Therefore, in my opinion this is the best Gil deal to date.
    Yes but it cost me 50 bucks more :mrgreen::mrgreen: If the deal was more donuts I would have only bought one for 100.00 in stead of 2 for 150.00 :mrgreen::mrgreen: Dont get me wrong I am happy with my sh*tload of donuts I have. Just saying is all!! 8) 8)
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    You guys are not helping!! :x
    Look where you came for help!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: A forum full of TSTO junkies :mrgreen::mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.