EA Forums - Banner

Someone need to explain this

Prev1
jmlgg
182 posts Member
WHY on earth does Calabresi mobsters cost 300 donuts?! What the hell?

Replies

• What sort of explanation are you looking for?
  • Only explanation I can think of is that they cost 300 so normally a character would cost 150 each so if you times it by 2 you get 300.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    They wanted something else that costs as much as a whale.
  • That price includes the protection money paid
  • It's a scam :D
  • simpsonare
    2216 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    7HqT7mw.jpg
    Destroy your phone if you wish!
  • I guess that's the 1st heist that the planners thought up. ;)
  • jmlgg wrote: »
    WHY on earth does Calabresi mobsters cost 300 donuts?!

Because they don’t cost 400.
  • The cost was going to be 250 donuts but people complained.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Only explanation I can think of is that they cost 300 so normally a character would cost 150 each so if you times it by 2 you get 300.

This seems off...character/building combos have been running at 150 donuts, not stand alone characters. Maybe if they threw in a couple of buildings it would seem a little more reasonable.
  • Because they do. Dont like it? Dont buy it.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Only explanation I can think of is that they cost 300 so normally a character would cost 150 each so if you times it by 2 you get 300.

Santa's Little Helper agrees with you.
  • Definately not getting these two. Not wasting 300 donuts....just like with the Whale that I'll be skipping (came in the vault some time ago).
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Definately not getting these two. Not wasting 300 donuts....just like with the Whale that I'll be skipping (came in the vault some time ago).

EA will send mobsters after you now.
    giphy.gif
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • ZennGlenn
    1721 posts Member
    Castiel19x wrote: »

This seems off...character/building combos have been running at 150 donuts, not stand alone characters. Maybe if they threw in a couple of buildings it would seem a little more reasonable.
    qQxl1GU.jpg
    :| Solid sardonic replies, but yeah... am a bit irked on clear price gouge :|
  • I'm still debating about getting them or not. I have time to decide but there's so much more that I want!
  • because it includes 2x characters?
  • someonewashere
    1765 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Castiel19x wrote: »

Yes.

I think this is the main issue, most realize it but decide to poke fun at the math, or simply want to go the "don't buy route".

The problem is, they'll keep doing it.

A couple years ago they had a promo, buy donuts and you'll get a bonus prize!

They had various Shelbyville items, Jebediah Springfield Huns Sprungfield etc.

Then they added The peasant outfit during last year's THoH event (if you can call that an event), as well as Hans Mechman during a more recent event.
    Now they also have added a new cash combo (Sven Golly).

Point is if it happens at least once, they'll do it again if not enough people complain.

A building or decoration would have terminated the discussion, however the issue still stands, this "deal" is quite the rip-off.

Especially when they are such forgettable characters. Now if it was the rest of the Springfield Yakuza....
  • @someonewashere Agreed! If it was three or more characters, possibly, although 100 donuts per character is still kind of steep IMO. But the Yakuza...I might have happily handed over my sprinkles in that case!
  • @someonewashere Agreed! If it was three or more characters, possibly, although 100 donuts per character is still kind of steep IMO. But the Yakuza...I might have happily handed over my sprinkles in that case!

Right?

I mean Santa's little helper is 150 donuts, but come on he's SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER!

These guys not so much.
    Better characters exist that I would pay 150 donuts each for.

The real slap in the face is the fact that they're available in the first act (for now), that 15 day timer puts pressure to buy em, you Know?