EA Forums - Banner

Freeze

2Next

Replies

• Agree, event zone is a good solution. I have it in my main town. But in a new one which is only a week old I haven’t. :( Hope EA will release a patch soon.
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    That could take days. You might (and I do emphasize MIGHT) get faster results if you can get them to roll back your game. You'd lose your progress, but how much progress are you losing by not being able to play at all?
  • They did that for me and I still came to the same problem
  • EA's response right now is: "Sorry, we can't help you until a patch comes out." I do hope EA will extend the event dates or compensate those affected with some sprinkles so we can catch up. It's a shame, I was soooo looking forward to this event. I'm just completely frozen out of the game.
  • This is crazy, I cannot even play because when I open the game, I can only select ok and it immediately froze.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey @fastshadow2 !

Unfortunately in this case having open land doesn't help unless it's close by, so we can only warn people in advance to move the building where they clear the task to open land.

I fixed mine by just waiting it out - took quite a while since my brown house was quite far away from the land I keep open for events. Force closed and restarted a few times to no avail, last time I decided to just wait and it worked. Had to wait for a couple minutes. Seems like they added a really inefficient search algorithm instead of the old way where it would turn red and then allow you to move the building to free land yourself. It appears to be searching for the nearest open land, so the further away you are, the longer the search takes.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    nissa762 wrote: »
    Hey @fastshadow2 !

Unfortunately in this case having open land doesn't help unless it's close by, so we can only warn people in advance to move the building where they clear the task to open land.

I fixed mine by just waiting it out - took quite a while since my brown house was quite far away from the land I keep open for events. Force closed and restarted a few times to no avail, last time I decided to just wait and it worked. Had to wait for a couple minutes. Seems like they added a really inefficient search algorithm instead of the old way where it would turn red and then allow you to move the building to free land yourself. It appears to be searching for the nearest open land, so the further away you are, the longer the search takes.
    hi!, i was not realizing at the time it was a “thing” , that games were really freezing totally but that the building couldn’t find enough land to land to.
    that fix seems to be working for players though. this event seems to be throwing a lot of players off and the issues don’t help :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Uhhhhhh, i noticed the usual generic load screen appeared MINUS homer from the middle of it! Barely managed to log on. Then, after the freeze, the new event load screen was up and running. I cleared some storage room on the phone, not knowing whether that was the problem, and was then able to press the store menu button before it froze again. Then more and different dialogue got a chance to appear , and this might be the bottleneck problem that's seizing up the game- - it's trying to run lots of talk bubbles at the same time you're placing the building. Got some of that out of the way, moved over open land, and the building placed.
  • I managed to fix the freezing after getting the museum without free space. (Those who has it know that it is completely impossible to do anything and even an hour long waiting doesn't help)

So, after logging in today there was a Daily Challenges screen with a job for Apu for money. I clicked Go to and Apu's jobs menu appeared. With this menu on screen I clicked the Edit button, bought the land, cleared it from junk and after returning from the edit mode the museum was placed without any problems. Just keep in mind that you need more than 1 square of free land to put the museum.

Hope it helps for those who didn't get the roll back.
  • karakira4s wrote: »
    I managed to fix the freezing after getting the museum without free space. (Those who has it know that it is completely impossible to do anything and even an hour long waiting doesn't help)

So, after logging in today there was a Daily Challenges screen with a job for Apu for money. I clicked Go to and Apu's jobs menu appeared. With this menu on screen I clicked the Edit button, bought the land, cleared it from junk and after returning from the edit mode the museum was placed without any problems. Just keep in mind that you need more than 1 square of free land to put the museum.

What do you mean "cleared it from junk"?

• Some land has bits and pieces on it that will need to be moved out of the way of any building.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    karakira4s wrote: »
    I managed to fix the freezing after getting the museum without free space. (Those who has it know that it is completely impossible to do anything and even an hour long waiting doesn't help)

Thanks for the update, I imagine if you don't have free land this would be one of the few options to get this fixed.