EA Forums - Banner

Comic Book Guy Can Not Be Selected ??

Prev134
Comic Book Guy has either a Explanation Mark above him or can not be selected for a job / task, this is in both Springfield and Krusty Land.
Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix ?
Thanks in advance

Replies

• johncolombo
    11051 posts Senior Moderator
    Hi friend,
    I'm sitting here with a friend looking at her game and she's having the same exact problem. I can't figure out why it's not working. Others have reported this on EA answers HQ. Best I can offer is call EA support and file a ticket. This is a new glitch as I've done this task many times in my towns over the years. Maybe the new update boinked it? Anyway good luck and I'll report back if I hear anything.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I am having the exact same problem. It started right after the update and it is affecting my ability to continue the quest line in Krustyland.
  • johncolombo
    ruredy2rok wrote: »
    I am having the exact same problem. It started right after the update and it is affecting my ability to continue the quest line in Krustyland.
    The first report appears to be from Wednesday. That's the same day the event started, right?
  • Same problem here.I think it's about Krusty Land quest stuck.
    I don't know how to fix it, report doesn't work.
    Could somebody help me?
    (l don't speak english well, sorry)
  • johncolombo
    mickbigbro wrote: »
    Same problem here.I think it's about Krusty Land quest stuck.
    I don't know how to fix it, report doesn't work.
    Could somebody help me?
    (l don't speak english well, sorry)

I suspected the same and tried storing the radioactive man ride which did not help. Maybe can someone try storing more Krustyland rides? The glitch was not on my game but on a friends so I can't test it myself.
  • I have tried storing everything in Krustyland and that does not work...I can use city hall to get him to do quests in Springfield but he just does not work in Krustyland. It has completely stopped all quest lines there. Not real happy considering the money I put into this game.
  • ruredy2rok wrote: »
    I have tried storing everything in Krustyland and that does not work...I can use city hall to get him to do quests in Springfield but he just does not work in Krustyland. It has completely stopped all quest lines there. Not real happy considering the money I put into this game.

Have you contacted EA yet?

• I'm having the same issue (Android):
    After building the "Radioactive Man: The Ride" for the Krustyland quest chain, I had to send Bart, Milhouse and Comic Book Guy (CBG) on the ride (4h job). After completion of this task, CBG has this exclamation mark that won't go away. The whole Krusty Land quest chain is now broken for me since there are no news quests now.

What I did to resolve the issue so far:
    • Hardclosing the game
    • Switching between Springfield and Krustyland forcing the game to sync
    • Visiting friends forcing the game to sync
    • Restarting the device

I also contacted EA support, see relevant part of the answer in italic:
    However, I would suggest you to post this issue on the forum, where the Studio look in order to find issues with the game and would be the best place to post any bugs like this. I will be submitting these details as a bug report to our development team.

I hope they'll fix this soon. I really like the Krusty Land quest chain so far.

• daved7637397
    7228 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    However, I would suggest you to post this issue on the forum, where the Studio look in order to find issues with the game and would be the best place to post any bugs like this. I will be submitting these details as a bug report to our development team.
    This is their usual blow off. Dont believe it for a second. Why would you need to post here if they sent the "development team" report?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Im in STO (Simpsons Tapped Out) and comic book guy has a quest. Even in krusty land it shows, but when i tap on it nothing happens.
    Can somone help?
  • Does anyone bother to look at anything before they post?

Anyone??
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • KEnshymura
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Same problem The mission is:Hire a krustyland mascot, but i cant tap on comic book guy :v The problems start whit The new event,i send report and EA answer? Roll back Hahaha no ty I prefer to wait for the event to end or some update, it would be big lost make a rollback of 5 days :neutral: and with an ongoing event

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts™! I'm Joberg an Technical Advisor here at EA and I'm more than happy to help you.

I hope your doing great today.

Having gone through your email realize that you are having difficulties on the game play The Simpsons: Tapped Out which seems to be disappointing for you and I would feel the same way.

It seems, the issue you are experiencing is normally caused by a corrupt save of your land the last time you closed the game.

Thankfully we can fix this issue by restoring your town from a backup stored on our servers, these backups are taken daily from the first login of the day. So, can you provide me a date so I can roll back for you? This will hopefully resolve the issue for you.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Post edited by KEnshymura on
  • johncolombo
    edited March 2018
    everyone sit tight on this one for now, I wouldn't recommend a roll back quite yet. At worst I suspect this will clear on it's own on event takedown. At best it will get patched.
  • KEnshymura wrote: »
    It seems, the issue you are experiencing is normally caused by a corrupt save of your land the last time you closed the game.
    Thankfully we can fix this issue by restoring your town from a backup stored on our servers, these backups are taken daily from the first login of the day. So, can you provide me a date so I can roll back for you? This will hopefully resolve the issue for you.
    Looking forward to your reply.
    The fact that so many players at the exact same point in the Krustyland questline are experiencing the same issue suggests to me that it is a coding fault, not a corrupt save. I agree with John not to roll back your game, hopefully it is something they can fix with a patch soon. Many others have posted on EA answers too:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Comic-Book-guy-has-but-quest-won-t-pop-up/m-p/6719466#M125978
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Don’t think so
  • Hopefully this gets patched because the only way i can really do a mission with him now is by using the town hall. Plus the exclamation mark isnt green and red its just yellow even though i need to continue krustyland quests
  • I am having a problem with one of my characters. It keeps having the! Icon over him and wont let me click on him to find out what the job is or put him on another job.
  • I am having a problem with one of my characters. It keeps having the! Icon over him and wont let me click on him to find out what the job is or put him on another job.

You can go to 'Town Hall' find character from 'Town Census'. If u do like that ! icon lost for a while. Of course ıt s a temporary solution.
  • wintermute_ch
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Got an update on Android yesterday for the game. Still broken.
  • Hi everyone

i don't know why but for some reason i cannot tap Comic Book Guy when he has the "!" icon above him.

Any ideas?