EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• My OH has the glitch and had a roll back done on Thursday. They said wait 48hrs which would been lunch time today. So she logged in this evening and it hasn't worked.

When she loaded the game at tap to continue it had the level number the game had been rolled back to but as soon as she went in to the gamr the level number had reverted back to the higher level and nothing was fixed.

Has anybody experienced similar?

Yes. Exactly the same right now. Waited 48 hours for this disappointment. They did 'something' because i got the bonus donuts for compensation they promised, but otherwise all other things are still broken as they were before. It took three weeks from opening the case to actually having the roll back done :(

Well they have now fixed the wives game properly touch wood for as long as it lasts. They changed the roll back date. You have to log out when you get a rollback. Also you need to press the red buttons when logging back in.

So contact EA again they should sort it for you.
  • Spudhead007
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Update on my glitch: EA finally came back with the usual options 1. Roll back or 2. new springfield.

Gone with roll back and game now working. They also gave me 50 donuts for every week I had lost plus 100 donuts for my troubles so ended up with 250 donuts.

Also warned that this doesn't fix the problem and it may come back anytime but they are working on a fix (I laughed at the last part).

I should also add I hadn't played the game since the glitch happened on my game as I found it unplayable and not worth my time.
  • Today 48h are after rollback
    Install tsto Login update all ist fine.

Lost two levels from 197 to 195 but the 500 donuts made my day
  • 0Brooders0
    2193 posts Member
    Today 48h are after rollback
    Install tsto Login update all ist fine.

Lost two levels from 197 to 195 but the 500 donuts made my day

That's great news :)
    Just in time for the new event with sprinkles to spend!
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Got to wait until tomorrow night until I can play again after my rollback. Only miss one day of the new event so shouldn't have a problem catching up. Going to lose 9 weeks of my game, so most of the items from the last event, plus all the land tokens I had managed to craft.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    You can get a ton of tokens in the new event, so that's some small consolation...
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 168sean168
    4048 posts Member
    I am still not able get a rollover as the email support wanted me to raise it as a chat support or to call an international number. I am not located in US so the second option is not ideal for me. I have not seen chat support available for me for a very long time. I managed to get two rollovers done in early Apr 2018 using emails. I am not sure about playing a broken game and risk losing all progresses one day. I will continue to pursue this in the meantime and see where it leads to.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    @168sean168 Sorry to hear you STILL haven’t had your game rolled back. :( Just a thought about anyone trying to get their cases resolved..... will EA actually allow rollbacks for ongoing cases once KL is removed from the game completely?
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    @168sean168 Sorry to hear you STILL haven’t had your game rolled back. :( Just a thought about anyone trying to get their cases resolved..... will EA actually allow rollbacks for ongoing cases once KL is removed from the game completely?

Hmmm. I hadn’t even considered that. Depending upon how the game data is organized/stored, this might be a real problem for a subset of affected users.
  • Had my game rolled back on Tuesday. Had to be patient to start the new event until Thursday evening. The rollback has fixed the glitch in my game for now. I have lost all of the buildings and characters from Acts 2 & 3 of the last event. My game level dropped back to 510 from 939.
  • 168sean168
    4048 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So I used a screenshot to show that no chat option offered for my country and a new EA advisor rollback my game without asking silly stalling questions like exact timing of last good saved games, repeatedly asking if I really wanted a rollback since I did not know exact timing and then to finally reject me, saying that chat support was needed or to go to an Internet cafe to get chat support.

They rejected my request for replacement of lost items in lieu of donuts compensation and gave me 50 donuts for inconvenience. When I told them it should be 350 donuts as claimed in the official emails for my 5 weeks loss of game information, they presented a nice table of how much donuts I have, how much donuts I have been awarded (which took a while for me to figure out that that was the amount of donuts I have since earned from the game. These are not donuts which fell on the sky into the game)
    and how much donuts I have purchased to show that I don't deserve any higher amounts of donuts compensation.

So I questioned are they penalising me for playing the game too well? And am I supposed to treat that email with the two options as a joke? And how come they would rather spend time to compile my donuts information rather than just replaced my list of lost items which I spent quite a fair bit of time to gather and present. EA then proceeded to add on another 300 donuts for me.

So I lost all items from the mini event before Krustyland event and some craftables from ACT 1 of the last event as those are the only ones I could craft after the glitch. At the end of the day, EA support has never failed to disappoint me.

Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • Is anyone refusing to roll their game back and playing through the glitch because of the amount of content you would lose?
  • Is anyone refusing to roll their game back and playing through the glitch because of the amount of content you would lose?

Yes I am! They wanted to take me back 6 months!
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    mlavanway wrote: »
    Is anyone refusing to roll their game back and playing through the glitch because of the amount of content you would lose?

Yes I am! They wanted to take me back 6 months!

My wife is. They closed her first request immediately but her second was open but ignored, didn't even get the official email.
    I feel they did not solve the problem and still have no idea what caused the glitch but may have changed the database to reject any update with invalid variables. Waiting to see if the glitch returns in part 2 of the event.

In the meantime she will try switching between 2 tablets.
    When she logs off one she will sync.
    When she returns she will start on her old one
    If the message comes up that says you didn't save on your other device, she will click play now to erase those variables. That was probably the glitch.
  • johncolombo
    11504 posts Senior Moderator
    If the message comes up that says you didn't save on your other device, she will click play now to erase those variables. That was probably the glitch.

my game has always asked that question. I'm not I understand

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member

my game has always asked that question. I'm not I understand

Mine too @johncolombo . When I log out of one game and log into the other I get the message because the local version of the database is different from the server ( because its from the other town ) I go through that many times a day, with the added bonus now of having to enter my age and agree to TOS every time I log off.

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 0Brooders0
    2193 posts Member
    My game says that occasionally and I only ever play on 1 device :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    My game says that occasionally and I only ever play on 1 device :#

I have a theory that occurs because the glitch overwrites your device id. We use to get a lot of reports like this so this glitch may have been around a long time and is evolving.
    Fortunately, you click play now and all variables are ignored and you play from the last sync point.
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    Is anyone refusing to roll their game back and playing through the glitch because of the amount of content you would lose?

I am - I was hit with the glitch in December during the Christmas event. At the time they refused a rollback and told me to wait it out. I was even "scolded" by an EA rep at one point back in March I think it was, because they sent me an email saying they were going to close my case. I responded with a "Please don't close my case, my problem is still ongoing". The guy who ended up calling me proceeded to be rude and tells me that my responding is just creating more work for them and each time I respond to my ticket it moves me back down to the bottom of the list. Didn't care that I only responded because of their email, didn't care that I had been extremely patient for the last 4 months. Nope - told me I needed to stop responding to my ticket and wait for a fix that was coming within a week.. So here I am today still waiting. I could do a rollback and try to insist on getting all my stuff back but honestly that just feels like more work than I am willing to go through. I am very much on the fence with just quitting the game altogether.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Tara1qt wrote: »

I am - I was hit with the glitch in December during the Christmas event. At the time they refused a rollback and told me to wait it out. I was even "scolded" by an EA rep at one point back in March I think it was, because they sent me an email saying they were going to close my case. I responded with a "Please don't close my case, my problem is still ongoing". The guy who ended up calling me proceeded to be rude and tells me that my responding is just creating more work for them and each time I respond to my ticket it moves me back down to the bottom of the list. Didn't care that I only responded because of their email, didn't care that I had been extremely patient for the last 4 months. Nope - told me I needed to stop responding to my ticket and wait for a fix that was coming within a week.. So here I am today still waiting. I could do a rollback and try to insist on getting all my stuff back but honestly that just feels like more work than I am willing to go through. I am very much on the fence with just quitting the game altogether.

Wow. I feel weird saying this, but if I were in your shoes, I’d have to strongly consider giving up the game.

And to the EA rep who was “helping” you...
    giphy.gif