EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    nitegh0st wrote: »
    To my neighbours who read this...i decide to stop playing because is the second time since januari in have the same problems and issues to play the game...i have no more motivation to do all the steps to resolve the problems in my game...i do not think there is a sollution ...tempory sollutions!!l when i read the forum, the problems returns!! Is this a way to eliminate players, are there to much players??!!
    Hello (ex)neighbor!
    I'm not sure if you're right but it makes sense as a method for EA to trim servers of Freemium deadbeats. Thing is, my wife buys enough with real cash to make up for several players and she's good. I've bought a little - less than $100 but more than $20 so would appear I'm a freemium deadbeat to them.

I have spent a ton of money on this game and been hit in every one of my towns. So I guess you better label me a troll also, because @KrustyBrand said it quite well....nonsense. This glitch is so hard to nail down because it does not hit everyone on every platform. If EA wanted rid of freemium players it would be easy, everything would cost mega donuts and the game would be pay to play. Its not. I personally have put a lot of time into helping others with the glitch, and many many others have invested more time than me. There are a couple of great threads of information for people who are looking for help, and its less than helpful to start dumping wild conspiracy theories into them.

It costs nothing to download this game, and you can easily play with no real money invested. Some of us do pay, to keep the game going, and because we enjoy it. If this glitch makes you quit, so be it. No one forced you to play, no one is forcing you to quit. If you have invested nothing, you are not owed anything. This will get solved, and it will be extremely frustrating until it does. I will still be here.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Very well said, both of you!

@nitegh0st everyone is entitled to their opinions. If you think the Russians are conspiring with the CIA and Mossad to steal your donuts, so be it. But attacking another member who disagrees with you and calling them names is not the way to get your message across. Of course, thats just one persons opinion, take it for what its worth.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Maybe something with the completion of things. Character quick find is hindered maybe because the glitch lies within the completion status of things.
  • I'm beginning to think that perhaps maybe the forum should be turned off from all posts that are not regarding glitch issues until EA gets with the program. If all of the game discussion topics were about the glitch maybe they would take this more seriously...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • I'm beginning to think that perhaps maybe the forum should be turned off from all posts that are not regarding glitch issues until EA gets with the program. If all of the game discussion topics were about the glitch maybe they would take this more seriously...

I don’t think so. What would be the point of that? We already know that EA barely pays attention to what’s going on here.

I don’t think so. What would be the point of that? We already know that EA barely pays attention to what’s going on here.

The point would be that the forum would only be in use to glaringly bring light to a major problem that for all intents and purposes, is NOT being worked on with urgency. Coming from an almost day 1 adopter of TSTO that has spent almost $1k on this game, yeah, I expect to be taken seriously when their business model prohibits the need to continue to spend real money on a faulty product. Case and point- if you paid Amazon $$$ for Prime membership but the post office was unable to deliver to your address, would you keep spending money to not get 2 day shipping or any shipping for that matter?

Not ranting for no reason. I was hit by the glitch, got it fixed and thankfully have not had a return to the bug. It is seriously disheartening to continue to see many many users every day adding to the list of those affected. And now, it seems that EA is reluctant to rollback those that catch it!? Now that is nonsense.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I'm beginning to think that perhaps maybe the forum should be turned off from all posts that are not regarding glitch issues until EA gets with the program. If all of the game discussion topics were about the glitch maybe they would take this more seriously...

The point would be that the forum would only be in use to glaringly bring light to a major problem that for all intents and purposes, is NOT being worked on with urgency. Coming from an almost day 1 adopter of TSTO that has spent almost $1k on this game, yeah, I expect to be taken seriously when their business model prohibits the need to continue to spend real money on a faulty product. Case and point- if you paid Amazon $$$ for Prime membership but the post office was unable to deliver to your address, would you keep spending money to not get 2 day shipping or any shipping for that matter?

Not ranting for no reason. I was hit by the glitch, got it fixed and thankfully have not had a return to the bug. It is seriously disheartening to continue to see many many users every day adding to the list of those affected. And now, it seems that EA is reluctant to rollback those that catch it!? Now that is nonsense.

I completely agree that EA’s response to this bug has been wholly inadequate and that those affected deserve far better. I just think your proposed solution would be impossible to put into effect. And even if it were possible, it would have little to no impact on EA.
  • Been playing for years now and put a lot of
    cash into it and have had this glitch for a while now. Today it has locked me out of Act 2 of the event in the crafting so can't progress with the quest tasks. Think its time to give up and find another game as its sadly too frustrating to play now.
  • I've got the same act 2 issue today...place a police box, but I can't it's locked! I'm also tempted to chuck this in now and move on to something else
  • It hit me this morning aswell, can't use character finder, can't place police box, so can't progress the story although it's still letting me earn event currency. I guess I'd better get rolled back asap else i'm gonna fall way behind on the event.

I'll let you all know how I get on.....
  • Alrighty then. As promised this is me getting back with my experience:

I contacted EA, asked for a callback which literally took less than 1 minute & I was chatting with a very friendly, sympathetic young lady. I explained to her all my problems, namechecked the forum & that you all suggested that a rollback was the solution, she instantly agreed with me, apologised profusely for the inconvenience & tried rolling back 12 hrs. The 1st attempt didn't solve the issue so we agreed to try a full 24hr rollback, all the while she stayed on the line chatting whilst talking me through it (very important to me, because I HATE being put on hold). The 2nd rollback solved the problem (for now at least), she thanked me for my patience & the whole process took less than 1hr from start to finish.
    I guess the message here is that yes, it's incredibly frustrating when something like this happens but don't delay, get in touch with EA asap & there are people there who can offer excellent customer service without too much disruption to your game progress.
  • Alrighty then. As promised this is me getting back with my experience:

I contacted EA, asked for a callback which literally took less than 1 minute & I was chatting with a very friendly, sympathetic young lady. I explained to her all my problems, namechecked the forum & that you all suggested that a rollback was the solution, she instantly agreed with me, apologised profusely for the inconvenience & tried rolling back 12 hrs. The 1st attempt didn't solve the issue so we agreed to try a full 24hr rollback, all the while she stayed on the line chatting whilst talking me through it (very important to me, because I HATE being put on hold). The 2nd rollback solved the problem (for now at least), she thanked me for my patience & the whole process took less than 1hr from start to finish.
    I guess the message here is that yes, it's incredibly frustrating when something like this happens but don't delay, get in touch with EA asap & there are people there who can offer excellent customer service without too much disruption to your game progress.

Its nice to see at least one person had a positive experience with EA help. Maybe they're turning over a new leaf.....

Seriously, glad you got straightened out. Sorry it happened in the first place, lets hope it doesn't come back
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    One of the things I suspect is happening, from my many calls to support, is that the front line reps are starting to see the rollback as a quick way to get rid of the case. My one said she was talking to others to let them know to just do the rollback. I assume as in any call centre they are expected to clear a max number of cases, and this 'may' filter through their staff as a quick fix. I was told by at least 2 reps that calls about TSTO are by far their number one issue currently. Perhaps this will prompt EA to fix this, if their call centres are flooded by TSTO issues, it will cost them $$
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    To my neighbours who read this...i decide to stop playing because is the second time since januari in have the same problems and issues to play the game...i have no more motivation to do all the steps to resolve the problems in my game...i do not think there is a sollution ...tempory sollutions!!l when i read the forum, the problems returns!! Is this a way to eliminate players, are there to much players??!!
    Hello (ex)neighbor!
    I'm not sure if you're right but it makes sense as a method for EA to trim servers of Freemium deadbeats. Thing is, my wife buys enough with real cash to make up for several players and she's good. I've bought a little - less than $100 but more than $20 so would appear I'm a freemium deadbeat to them.

Nonsense.
    Negative voice noted, but your one word reply is not an argument supporting your opinion. Kinda lazy and troll-ish after moreeviv209 and I offered, valid, good-faith points. I've already spent my allotted wasted time addressing one stark non-point. #troll

EA conspiring to eliminate freemium players is a valid point? Wow. Even though dozens, if not hundreds of players have posted on here, on this very page that they have spent money and still been affected by this glitch, you still think EA is out to get freemium players only? And out to get you, even though you admit to spending money?

Trust me, I'm far from an apologist for EA. In fact, I've been one of their more vocal critics in reguards to this glitch and how they are handling it. But this sounds ridiculous even to me.

Just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt make them a troll.

I can easily put this argument to rest......I have historically spent $20-30 twice a year for 5 years (as historically I like to support developers who makes games I enjoy playing)....so over the years I have spent a total over $300 (and something like collectively around 4,400 donuts).

And as my reward to a 5 year premium customer EA has hit my game with this glitch 10 times over the last 10 months. And over those 10 months, I have had about 5 1/2 months of being forced by EA to play with a broken game.

And at one point they refused to do a roll back for 4 weeks and then when finally agreed to do a roll back, they said they would refuse to restore the items I purchased with real world purchased donuts, which is the worst way to treat a long time higher paying customer as it is at the very least unethical to deny real world cash restoration that would be lost due to THEIR refusal and delay to perform a 5 min known fix (a roll back) to the issue (which THEY created) and at the worst verge of legal liability.

Luckily 3 MONTHS after that I had one good EA rep (after the 20 lame ones I went through before her that gave up due to my insistence of finding a solution beyond their boiler plate copy & paste canned answers) that actually found and performed the real fix that did not require a roll back so I did not lose my progress from the 5 events between Oct 2017 - Jan 2018.

And even after this fix I was hit with this glitch 5 more times......
  • Daanige
    65 posts Member
    I've been hit 2 weeks ago. And didn't do a rollback this time so I'm stuck with the error. But, I'm just hit again! Gil offer, all events came back. So you can be struck with the glitch when you are already strucked...
  • Daanige wrote: »
    I've been hit 2 weeks ago. And didn't do a rollback this time so I'm stuck with the error. But, I'm just hit again! Gil offer, all events came back. So you can be struck with the glitch when you are already strucked...

Well this is a new and equally troublesome layer... you definitely need a rollback asap. At this point you are for sure losing all of act 1 and act 2 progress.
  • Daanige wrote: »

yep, which is kind of funny in a horrible way. :(

I am like "Oh, hi Gil. You certainly are a great visual representation for this bug. We don't want you and yet you keep coming back."
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @Daanige ....Just in case it helps....there is a legit Gill offer that launches today with the Scotland Yard & Jack The Ripper
  • Daanige
    65 posts Member
    Well i could do a rollback. But this proves it doesn't going to help. In time the same problem will happen again. This is the fourth time the glitch happen. Just waiting for a solution. Or hoping that a solution will come. More and more people got it. EA can't ignore it long I guess (or hope)
  • @Daanige ....This has been an issue for over 1 year and 1 month now and NO ETA on when or even IF they will come out with a fix.

I have been hit with this 10 times myself. When I am hit with it, I demand a roll back ASAP so I only lose a day progress. I have had the best results with talking to them on the phone to get an immediate roll back vs email can can be 3 days in between each email exchange. Just remain polite but firm. And do not accept their boiler plate canned answers "we are looking into it" / "a fix will be released soon" / "we are not doing roll backs anymore" (this is the worst and simply lazy rep answer) / "best if you wait until an future update" / etc..... and demand a roll back now.