EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• 168sean168 wrote: »
    Just got hit again! First hit on 12 Apr. I have made sure I exited my game properly but still got it. I am going to sleep..

Not again! :#:'(
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

• 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    live show, Saturday? info please

https://tstoaddicts.com

Addicts Live on Saturday April 14th at 12pm ET to participate in the conversation about the Rollback Glitch.
    thanks, if i get time, i will go check that out

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • just got hit for the first time last weekend. Started a new job on monday so I dont really have time to call and try to convince customer support for a rollback, so now Im a week behind on the event...

so Im out.

which is too bad cause I had just worked my bonus up to a nice coast-able 2600%

but I dont have time to wrestle with something that is supposed to be a fun down time diversion.

have fun guys!
  • miraclemet wrote: »
    just got hit for the first time last weekend. Started a new job on monday so I dont really have time to call and try to convince customer support for a rollback, so now Im a week behind on the event...

so Im out.

which is too bad cause I had just worked my bonus up to a nice coast-able 2600%

but I dont have time to wrestle with something that is supposed to be a fun down time diversion.

have fun guys!

Bye.

• Okay, just been doing some more reading of previous threads in ‘bugs and issues’. I found this thread from November 16th 2016 by @Krakenpancake
    Help please - several issues!
    Character icon at top left of screen no longer working
    Daily task reverted to cash only for daily play - no donuts
    Rail yard not working - cannot make new parts and get donuts
    Lost all progress on money mountain and giant redwood
    Sideshow bob task to capture back after 2 years and 100 levels
    Keep getting rewards from previous events when tapping -eg rosettes on tyre fire
    Anyone suggest anything. Have reinstalled several times on iPad with no luck

Link to thread here:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/85465/game-gone-back-in-time#latest
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Wow ... it's been around since then! Can't see EA fixing it any time soon. :#
  • Hi guys! The same exact glitch hit me about 30 minutes ago. I am sorry, I can't read all the 100+ comments. Is there anything to do yet? My game is basically unplayable. Collection radius is minimal and I have to look for my characters one by one which is nearly impossible.
  • Hi guys! The same exact glitch hit me about 30 minutes ago. I am sorry, I can't read all the 100+ comments. Is there anything to do yet? My game is basically unplayable. Collection radius is minimal and I have to look for my characters one by one which is nearly impossible.

Your best bet would be to contact EA for a rollback. You may want to check out this thread for more info:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues#latest
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

Your best bet would be to contact EA for a rollback. You may want to check out this thread for more info:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues#latest

Thanks!
    I wrote an email. The best I can do.
    Finally, an event that I like and I can't play it! **** glitch threw me back to square one, as if I hadn't played a minute of the event yet. I can't craft things, everything is locked.

I'm so furious, I don't have words.

I am premium, I have hard $ spent here.

Thanks!
    Finally, an event that I like and I can't play it! **** glitch threw me back to square one, as if I hadn't played a minute of the event yet. I can't craft things, everything is locked.

Hi guys! The same exact glitch hit me about 30 minutes ago. I am sorry, I can't read all the 100+ comments. Is there anything to do yet? My game is basically unplayable. Collection radius is minimal and I have to look for my characters one by one which is nearly impossible.

Thanks!

Im very sorry to hear that. A lot of other players are in the same boat. Not that knowing this will make it better, just wanted you to know you arent alone. Im not sure what its going to take to get EA off their keesters to fix this.

PS Im not sure where you live, but if calling or live chat are an option, you will see results much, much faster

• Im very sorry to hear that. A lot of other players are in the same boat. Not that knowing this will make it better, just wanted you to know you arent alone. Im not sure what its going to take to get EA off their keesters to fix this.

PS Im not sure where you live, but if calling or live chat are an option, you will see results much, much faster

I can't call them, I am in Europe. I hope they fix this via email too. I sent too emails, since in the first one I forgot to give my Mayhem.
    I am very nervous because act 3 is gonna unlock in days, but maybe for me it's gonna be act 2 once more and my whole event goes out the window.

Well, let's hope the best.
    Thanks for the support! :)

• Ok, I'll bite. So... we learned nothing new from the live stream?! Or, did EA just learn that we have a problem here?
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • sadly missed it but guessing from what you are saying is that not much new came from it?
  • live show, Saturday? info please

Iirc, they usually stream live at 12 pm ET. The link can be found on the TSTO Addicts site. There are also links to older, archived episodes.

So I listened to the April 14 TSTO Addicts Show which focused, in part, on what they refer to as the rollback bug. Let me preface the show summary that follows with two caveats. First, almost everything they discussed is stuff we here on the forum already know through the posts of our users. Second, TSTO Addicts is in much the same position we are in — they have, at best, an indirect pipeline to the developers, so when the Addicts podcasters speculate about possible causes of the bug, they are careful to say they are, in fact, speculating.

That out the way, here are some of the points raised.
    • According to an unscientific poll conducted on their web site, approximately 20% of users have been affected. I assume that response bias is at work, but even if the actual number is only a quarter of those responding in the affirmative, that’s a lot of users — many more than I thought. When coupled with other poll results which seem to indicate a likely exodus of a large percentage of the user base should the problem continue to go unresolved, the podcasters all seemed to regard this bug as a very real watershed moment for this game.
    • The bug is clearly not device specific. It is very likely that this bug is somehow server-related as opposed to a game coding issue. (If it were a game coding issue, more users would be affected.) However, if it is, in fact, a server-side problem, what is keeping EA from solving it?
    • The podcasters spent some time squashing some user conspiracy theories about the hypothesized intentionality of bug.
    • EA support has been very inconsistent. Support has tended to be better in the UK and US. If you’re able to contact support via phone, reps should be able roll back your game while you’re on the phone. If the rep states that rollbacks are no longer performed or that it will take a long time to perform a rollback, you’re talking to the wrong person.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    thanks KB, i took the pole this morning (Saturday) and it was at 20% then.
    it doesn’t seem like anything new, wish i could have checked it out though.
    thanks @0Brooders0 for the info also
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @KrustyBrand thanks for the summary. I had hoped to catch it today before I went to bed but ended up forgetting about it altogether till it was over. I realize there is much new info there but wowd to see it all summed up like that really blows my mind. Especially now kbowing we're getting close to a year and a half! of this nonsense, there simply are no words to describe it at this point (none that wont get censored anyway ;) )
  • @KrustyBrand Thanks for noting the main points that were aired.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    @KrustyBrand Thanks for noting the main points that were aired.

I watched too. Great round up of the points made. Thank you @KrustyBrand :)

It seems to me that we are all in the dark with EA with no communication from them be it addicts site or this forum or in fact any of their other social media sites. :/
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    @KrustyBrand Thanks for noting the main points that were aired.

I watched too. Great round up of the points made. Thank you @KrustyBrand :)

It seems to me that we are all in the dark with EA with no communication from them be it addicts site or this forum or in fact any of their other social media sites. :/

Which, sadly, has been business as usual for EA since day 1 of this game, and probably longer then that (I can only speak of my experience with this game, its the only EA product Ive ever used, and based on my experience will be the last) I dont ever remember them telling us anything about anything. Ever! And thats pretty sad. For the life of me I dont understand what the big secret is...
  • heyababy47428
    1041 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I think what needs to happen now is that we need to start combing through the EULA for information about EA not supporting/removing features of the game. I remember reading that we are entitled to 30days notice if they decide to do either.
    So as a first step we need a copy of the EULA for Simpsons Tapped Out. Anyone know where it is located?