EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• I think what needs to happen now is that we need to start combing through the EULA for information about EA not supporting/removing features of the game. I remember reading that we are entitled to 30days notice if they decide to do either.
    So as a first step we need a copy of the EULA for Simpsons Tapped Out. Anyone know where it is located?

I don’t believe that there is a specific EULA associated with this game. There is a more general user agreement/TOS covering all EA products located here:

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC

I would only add that these documents are typically crafted to heavily favor the licensor.
  • I'm not playing until Act 3.
    Fix it EA. :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I'm not playing until Act 3.
    Fix it EA. :#

same here, i rushed to the end of act 2 and haven't logged in since.
  • I think what needs to happen now is that we need to start combing through the EULA for information about EA not supporting/removing features of the game. I remember reading that we are entitled to 30days notice if they decide to do either.
    So as a first step we need a copy of the EULA for Simpsons Tapped Out. Anyone know where it is located?

I don’t believe that there is a specific EULA associated with this game. There is a more general user agreement/TOS covering all EA products located here:

I would only add that these documents are typically crafted to heavily favor the licensor.

I think Section 15-B is worth looking into. Dispute Resolutions by Binding Arbitration.
    B. Informal Negotiations

You and EA shall first attempt to resolve any Dispute informally for at least 30 days before initiating arbitration. The informal negotiations commence upon receipt of written notice from one person to the other ("Notice of Dispute"). The Notice of Dispute must: (a) include the full name and contact information of the complaining party; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. EA will send its Notice of Dispute to your billing or email address. You will send your Notice of Dispute to: Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City CA 94065, ATTENTION: Legal Department.

I think Section 15-B is worth looking into. Dispute Resolutions by Binding Arbitration.
    B. Informal Negotiations

You and EA shall first attempt to resolve any Dispute informally for at least 30 days before initiating arbitration. The informal negotiations commence upon receipt of written notice from one person to the other ("Notice of Dispute"). The Notice of Dispute must: (a) include the full name and contact information of the complaining party; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. EA will send its Notice of Dispute to your billing or email address. You will send your Notice of Dispute to: Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City CA 94065, ATTENTION: Legal Department.

This qualifies as CLASS ACTION... my brother is a retired corporate lawyer. By definition and per the numerous reports of users being directed to the forum by EA staffers for problem resolution, EA has created the ' receipt of notification for informal negotiations'. EA has failed to respond per the outlined resolution process clause that THEY set in the EULA. This causes liable to be established as EA has not held up their end of the agreed upon resolution by failing to 1. Address the nature of the claim 2. Seek to notify those that have opened claims and have not been informed of the disposition of the dispute or have not been offered restitution for the issue 3. Continues to operate an admittedly faulty product where users may incur tangible and realized losses due to paid premium services.

Bet I get a nastygram for this post from EA threatening to close my account. Go ahead, further proof that they VET out what they feel is important enough to address when it affects THEIR image/bottom line.

Enough is enough. No pun intended, but let's stop playing games, address the issue publicly and make serious concerted efforts to fix the problem OR start offering FULL refunds to ALL 20+% of us that have been tortured with this nonsense.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • My wife was hit 3 times with the glitch so I put on IT hat with 30 years of experience and asked my self why does it appear random?
    We have a report of this last event glitch hitting a year ago and increasing until 20% have been hit.
    MY gut feeling is that this is mis behaving hack program which updates the hacker user with his requests but unintentionally (I am being nice) updates another account screwing up the variables.
    I have no access to logs but I would check anyone who complains and see if I can find a corresponding update from another user.

B. Informal Negotiations

This qualifies as CLASS ACTION... my brother is a retired corporate lawyer. By definition and per the numerous reports of users being directed to the forum by EA staffers for problem resolution, EA has created the ' receipt of notification for informal negotiations'. EA has failed to respond per the outlined resolution process clause that THEY set in the EULA. This causes liable to be established as EA has not held up their end of the agreed upon resolution by failing to 1. Address the nature of the claim 2. Seek to notify those that have opened claims and have not been informed of the disposition of the dispute or have not been offered restitution for the issue 3. Continues to operate an admittedly faulty product where users may incur tangible and realized losses due to paid premium services.

Bet I get a nastygram for this post from EA threatening to close my account. Go ahead, further proof that they VET out what they feel is important enough to address when it affects THEIR image/bottom line.

Enough is enough. No pun intended, but let's stop playing games, address the issue publicly and make serious concerted efforts to fix the problem OR start offering FULL refunds to ALL 20+% of us that have been tortured with this nonsense.

As far as I understand what I'm reading of the EULA, we're forbidden from pooling our claims together. Each complaint must be made and resolved individually... :( but maybe this is still an avenue we haven't exploited yet. I think it would be best if we did consolidate our efforts by at least containing the same information in our complaints about what is wrong and what we want fixed.
    #notalawyer
  • My wife was hit 3 times
    As of 30 minutes ago, I have been hit with this glitch 12 times (2 times in the last week alone) over the last 10 months.

I have documented exchanges with EA where they refused to conduct a roll back (here)for over 4 weeks after hit with this glitch while still encouraging me to play the game. Once they FINALLY agreed to conduct a roll back after my continual insistence they fix my game since they refused do a roll back. BUT then they refused to restore all the items they encouraged me to earn and BUY with real world money during the time they refused to conduct the roll back while still encouraging me to play....because they said I had too many items now for them to take the time to restore during the time the refused the roll back (here and here).

I then refused them to conduct a roll back if they refused to restore the items (again many purchased with real world money) they encouraged me to acquire while denying me a roll back fix.

So 4 MONTHS later.....all the while having a broken game..... and me (ignoring and calling them out for all of their stalling or diverting tactics) constantly following up with them to either fix my game (which no one at EA apparently knew how to do) or do a roll back WITH restoring items (which EA Refused to do)...... a single EA development rep did actually find what was broken in my game (not the root cause, but what was wrong in the game to make all the items broken) and actually corrected what they found and FIXED MY GAME WITH NO LOSS IN MY PROGRESS (here).

I have then been trying to get the EA development team in contact with that rep so they can show EA where the bugged variables are that breaks the games and how they adjusted them to fix the game without loss of progress. ( Here and Here[/b] ) This has resulted in no progress nor has EA been willing or able to apply the same fix the 10 times my game has been hit with this same glitch after this point, as they are only willing to do a Roll Back (and even then I had several reps say either for me to come to these forums to get my game fixed or that they cannot do a roll back which I flat out called them out on both points as being either dishonest or lazy if they insist either of these are a real solution).

Every one of these steps above I have shared here on the forums in the following thread over the last several months..... Recent issues Thread

• Hobbies, I am sorry about your experiences with the last event glitch. I have analized your experience and others to make my conclusion.
    The problem is invalid variables which would be on the server side.
    If a virus or malware then it should be all player not a selected few, and not something that gradually increases.
    I can't eliminate a manual intervention but it is on the improbable list
    EA has tolerated hack programs, I have had several neighbors in the early years that were obviously either very rich or using a hack program. (With donut farming, you can no longer tell.)
    EA can't find the glitch so it might not be in their code so we look externally.
    My conclusion points to a hack program that creates invalid variable in other players accounts. This would explain why it can start small a year ago and the increase as more players use the hack program. Once someone adopts the hack program it always changes the invalidates the same players variables. For example. a player installs the hack program, and asks for free donuts, player X gets invalid variables. Player X gets a rollback. 3 days later the hackers requests more donuts, player X gets invalid variables again. This appears random to player X. If the hacker ask for donuts while player a has invalid variables, they are just overwritten with the same invalid variables so no perceivable change.

I am offering an explanation. If I am not clear please ask questions
  • @datasurgeon .... Hacking can always cause unpredictable results. But hacking options would not account for my experience.....

Plus even if taken your scenario at face value that this is the cause and everyone hit with this glitch was hacking their game, it seems very unlikely that the glitch hitting the games from hacking would be so universally identical. The glitches resulting from hacking would be varied, especially when there would be a variety of hacking sources / tools / services use by the various players.
  • .My conclusion points to a hack program that creates invalid variable in other players accounts.

First, I’m not going to get into an extended discussion about the various ways this theory makes no sense. Second, and more importantly, don’t publicly accuse forum users of cheating. Just don’t.
  • It's been a while, I'll start off with my condolences, to those affected I wish a speedy file recovery/roll back.

My biggest issue with this (haven't been affected, simply luring) is quite simple:

One of the glitches effects (correct me if I'm wrong) is previous events popping up, from event currency to bits of animation etc.

So my question is:
    Has anyone who has COMPLETED ALL PREVIOUS events been affected?

It may seem a tad childish to blame it on that mechanic, but it seems to play an integral issue with this glitch.

Having said that, a word of advice:
    Look for and save your Mayhem ID.

I've had a roll back done way back, during the Valentine's event where Mona Simpson was released, sometimes they may need your Mayhem ID, go to the build menu, go to settings and then Info. Your Mayhem ID should be under the version number.

I know this issue won't be resolved soon, and that's what worries me.
    Forget the events and updates, FIX THE GAME FIRST!
  • I can confirm that I have had the glitch and completed every single event. I have had thoughts it was specific to a single item and it seemed for me to be the duff gardens which after the rollback, I stored and have not since replaced it in my SF. I have not since been plagued with the bug... not saying it 'fixed' my game but I'm not interested in tempting fate!
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • I have had thoughts it was specific to a single item and it seemed for me to be the duff gardens which after the rollback, I stored and have not since replaced it in my SF. I have not since been plagued with the bug... not saying it 'fixed' my game but I'm not interested in tempting fate!

This theory has been discussed and debunked.
  • It's been a while, I'll start off with my condolences, to those affected I wish a speedy file recovery/roll back.

My biggest issue with this (haven't been affected, simply luring) is quite simple:

One of the glitches effects (correct me if I'm wrong) is previous events popping up, from event currency to bits of animation etc.

So my question is:
    Has anyone who has COMPLETED ALL PREVIOUS events been affected?

It may seem a tad childish to blame it on that mechanic, but it seems to play an integral issue with this glitch.

Yes, I can confirm and debunk this theory as I played and finish the Bigclaw event completely, which is the one that it usually goes to for me.
  • You can't blame hackers for this problem. There's been hackers since the game begun and this glitch is now growing at an alarming rate since the first encounter that we know of. I also know players affected and they certainly DO NOT hack.

It has to be a server issue. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Addicts live now on youtube:

Zk6ubePl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • niahunt
    321 posts Member
    I feel very sorry for the players who have this awful glitch.
    Innuendo & casting *hacker* theories towards those affected helps no-one. EA need to man up & post on the forums exactly what is going on.

Their silence is disturbing .....
  • thanks @Muhsterino i’ll have to check out the video later
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I could be wrong, but I dont think @datasurgeon is accusing those affected of hacking their games. After all, he said his wife has had the glitch 3 times, and I think if anyone would kbow if she was hacking her game it would be him.

The way I understood it (and to qualify myself, I had to get my kids to explain the new cable remote control to me, so I know little to nothing about these things) was someone was hacking their game (not the affected person) and somehow (the part I dont get) it is affecting other players games (the affected users)

Again, just my interpretation. Dont shoot the messenger here.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.