EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• @KrustyBrand I think pessimism is called for. I agree with you that this has been an active issue for way too long. I am usually the eternal optimist but I am starting to wonder if they just don't care. Perhaps the game is too old. It has, as I said, radically changed my playing and enjoyment. I cringe every time I open the game. As a member of the IT support industry I cannot fathom this style of customer disregard. It costs nothing to talk to customers, and it works wonders. People will patiently wait when they know what they are waiting for. This game will slowly die by attrition if nothing is done.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence but I would have to learn all EA processes.
    While I don't know what database they use, some databases have valid field edits. Which means if the field expects only 1 or 2, it would reject any other value like 3. We know for example that Lisa pin event is part of the glitch, if that was made invalid then any update trying to insert that value would be rejected by the database.
    If EA has this option, they should implement it. If any process try to enter an invalid value then the entire update would be rejected.

Perhaps they do have this option, but with the introduction of the 'Classic Mini Events', they may have had to disable or circumvent it in some way. Maybe this is the cause of the problem.

Well, I hope you are right and the 'fix' is to just end classic mini events all together. Sorry not sorry for those that have not played from the beginning but if it is just that simple then I guess discontinuing the recycled events **** is overdue.

This bug existed before the classic mini events came back. It is over a year old, the classic mini events started last September
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Doesn't anyone remember when EA got back to back title wins for "Worst Company in America"? They are number 5 now. Maybe they just want to be back on top again?

Number One with a bullet, baby :smirk: (Their new motto) o:)
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence but I would have to learn all EA processes.
    While I don't know what database they use, some databases have valid field edits. Which means if the field expects only 1 or 2, it would reject any other value like 3. We know for example that Lisa pin event is part of the glitch, if that was made invalid then any update trying to insert that value would be rejected by the database.
    If EA has this option, they should implement it. If any process try to enter an invalid value then the entire update would be rejected.

Perhaps they do have this option, but with the introduction of the 'Classic Mini Events', they may have had to disable or circumvent it in some way. Maybe this is the cause of the problem.

Well, I hope you are right and the 'fix' is to just end classic mini events all together. Sorry not sorry for those that have not played from the beginning but if it is just that simple then I guess discontinuing the recycled events **** is overdue.

This bug existed before the classic mini events came back. It is over a year old, the classic mini events started last September
    and my crawl game and new games give us a chance to catch up to other, albeit donut costly

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I must protest, not for the manner in which this thread has gone but for the lack of action by EA.

If the number of affected users was 20%, a number I must emphasize simply because the poll was incomplete, chances are it's higher or it may be lower, it doesn't change that that number is too high.

Take any other company, or business.

If 20% of the people who ate at a certain restaurant all became affected by the SAME Foodborne illness, wouldn't said restaurant close to solve that problem?

If a hospital had 20% of it's patients (as well as other people) suffer the same infection, wouldn't that mean that someone didn't follow basic protocol, and thus must close down until it's solved?

If 20% of drivers who purchased a specific vehicle all complained of faulty brakes or other necessary components, wouldn't said company make a RECALL? Wouldn't they then try to fix the issue?

My Point is simple,

EA, cease Event updates (after the current event, as it's already in progress), and fix this issue until said issue is resolved or a more efficient solution (besides a "Roll back") is found.

Any other company/business would make the logical decision of ceasing their activities until the issue is solved, yes you aren't like other companies.

However let us simplify it, 20% of people affected means 20% less potential revenue. This problem if not fixed can and will increase as it has been shown to have increased within the last year. Soon your potential revenue will decrease exponentially until the only revenue you'll obtain is by selling ad space on these forums.

Think about it.

Sincerely, Not The Loch Ness Monster.
  • Hey everyone,
    It's been 96 hours since reporting the glitch to EA and no answer. I am not even surprised.
    I will keep murdering them with emails and reports on all channels, because with the glitch, I can't play the game.
    Eventually, I may have to delete it and stop playing. Because this is ridiculous.

A question: as you know, the tax radius collection is affected by the glitch. I am level 5 but it went back to level 1, so basically one building at a time. IRS building shows I'm level 5, and 2million IGC would get me to level 6. Should I buy it and hope it goes back to normal? What do you all think?

• @czipotteszti Sorry to hear that you have the glitch, I hope they will contact you soon. I think they are supposed to contact you within 72 hours. I haven't been affected by this glitch, but if it was my town I would wait until I had the rollback completed.
    On a different point, this may be of interest to some forum members:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219502/job-advert/p1?new=1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I tried to buy my way back up the IRS level with no success. Same small tap radius.
    EA s non responsiveness is causing me to care less and less about this game which I have played for 3 years now. The only communication we get is in the form of lies from under trained call center reps trying to get rid of us. According to them a patch has been coming soon for months now. I love the Simpsons,but does anyone know a good city builder game not made by EA?

GET THIS FIXED NOW,EA
  • "I tried to buy my way back up the IRS level with no success. Same small tap radius."

No easy fix then. Dammit, I don't know what to do. Other players wrote how EA tried to convince them to continue the game as it is, which is upsetting. It's unplayable with the small radius and no character select.
  • "I tried to buy my way back up the IRS level with no success. Same small tap radius."

No easy fix then. Dammit, I don't know what to do. Other players wrote how EA tried to convince them to continue the game as it is, which is upsetting. It's unplayable with the small radius and no character select.

After the 3rd time I got hit (and they refused and refused to roll back my town wanting me to document all that was broken), I decided to upgrade my IRS to check it out. When I got it to 9 and it got a new look it seemed to work. But then a couple days later Gil showed up again and it went back to the lowest possible radius. I should probably just store it now since it is useless clutter.

Anyway, if any EA types ever read this, I haven't spent any of my money on your game for over 6 months now (since my first time I got hit) and took my baby whale money to another game. If you fix it, I might spend my money again on Tapped Out again. If you don't, no matter how badly I want Sven Golly and Hans Mechman before him, I won't be buying donuts.
  • I sent another email to EA, since they missed their window to contact me. :wink: I chose another subject to report on, maybe one day a sensible person goes to work too.

@Lifewoos I am so sorry that you were treated like that. I tried to be very detailed in my report, I am still hoping, but it seems if you get hit once, you're basically just done with TSTO. Which is sad.
  • czipotteszti
    127 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    LoL, now they contacted me immediately after writing. They sent me the troubleshooting page and told me to follow the steps. Rebooting, uninstalling, stuff like that.
    As much as I learned here, those are not the solution. Eh, whatever, I'll try.
  • LoL, now they contacted me immediately after writing. They sent me the troubleshooting page and told me to follow the steps. Rebooting, uninstalling, stuff like that.
    As much as I learned here, those are not the solution. Eh, whatever, I'll try.

That's the basic message, the easiest way to work around that is saying you've already done that (most people generally do that anyways), go straight to the point and tell them that you've tried all above methods (be specific) and ask for a rollback.

If they ask why, let them know how many days you've had this issue and how many EA reps have handled the issue.

Honestly they suck when it comes to that, when I had an issue a couple years back they said they'd get back to me in a week (they eventually got back to me a month later) Nevertheless I wasn't about to stop trying, I tried to get a rollback everyday until it eventually happened.
    Note that this was for a completely different glitch, I have not yet been affected by the "Gil Glitch", yet I live in Morbid fear of seeing Gil in my town.

Is their no way to remove his mechanic?

Gil is the worst thing since the WHEEL

61ZObar.gif
  • My case got the "resolved" label. Ridiculous!
    I resumed my case and wrote a message about how none of these tricks work and to get me a rollback.

I referred to my previous case number to help them find it :smiley: It was half an hour ago.
    I'm getting angry now.
  • They sent me a message telling me they need to identify me. I have to call or chat. Jesus Christ, I told them that I can't call OR chat. They said the chat is available on the link below, then link takes me to the page called "HOW TO GET HELP WITH FRAUD ON YOUR EA ACCOUNT". Fraud? I have never even mentioned that.

Noooooo :(
  • They sent me a message telling me they need to identify me. I have to call or chat. Jesus Christ, I told them that I can't call OR chat. They said the chat is available on the link below, then link takes me to the page called "HOW TO GET HELP WITH FRAUD ON YOUR EA ACCOUNT". Fraud? I have never even mentioned that.

Noooooo :(

That sucks.
    Yeah I had to do the chat option, well I have no advice for that, hopefully someone does.

This is becoming an interestingly annoying development.

I avoid the talk option because I DO NOT want to give them a piece of my mind.
    It would not be nice.
    tPcCUly.gif

• That sucks.
    Yeah I had to do the chat option, well I have no advice for that, hopefully someone does.

This is becoming an interestingly annoying development.

I avoid the talk option because I DO NOT want to give them a piece of my mind.
    It would not be nice.
    tPcCUly.gif

I am almost sure that the chat option is not available for me either, since I am not on the American continent.
    I hope I won't be dismissed just because they can't identify me. I mean there has to be a way.
    The most infuriating part is that it seems they don't even read my case. The first chick who sent me the troubleshooting link labelled my case "resolved" without getting any feedback from me first.

I mean there are red flags here, many of them.

This was the 5th time I wrote to them and still no progress.

• I'm in europe (netherlands) and the chat function is available here. I've done a couple of rollbacks. But I'm done with that now. Sadly the bug took away the motivation to play. My 6 year old town is starting to be neglected...
  • I just had the glitch again, now I can only craft act 1 stuff...
    #teamgrumple
  • Daanige wrote: »
    I'm in europe (netherlands) and the chat function is available here. I've done a couple of rollbacks. But I'm done with that now. Sadly the bug took away the motivation to play. My 6 year old town is starting to be neglected...

I hope they send me a good link to the chat, I can't find it anywhere.
    How much time went by for you between glitches?
    Mesterle wrote: »
    I just had the glitch again, now I can only craft act 1 stuff...

Welcome to the sad club of disappointment. :(

Interesting change: my tax collection radius has gone up, not where it was previsously, but it's no longer level 1. Has to be a level 2 or something, so occasionally I can collect tax from two buildings at a time now. :D