EA Forums - Banner

Can't find crooks?

MarkNMo
38 posts Member
I keep getting notices on my device that so-and-so has sent me crooks, and that I need to find them. However, when I go to my Springfield, I can never find them. Even using the "Do It" button in the "Don't Go Baroque" task isn't taking me to any crooks. Has anyone else seen this?

Replies

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    the go baroque button doesn’t do it for crooks, you just have to search for them. the notice at the top middle saying all justice agents and crooks cleared only works for justice agents
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • 0Brooders0
    2193 posts Member
    Go into move mode and shut off everything highlighted apart from characters... makes them easier to spot :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    Also note that when it says all justice agents and crooks cleared, that's not necessarily true of crooks. There could still be some crooks skulking around your town.
  • If it's been 4 hours or more since you got the notification, the crooks will have expired.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • If it's been 4 hours or more since you got the notification, the crooks will have expired.
    good point, didn’t think of that
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I wish they would institute a counter for mechanics like this. Just something to say, Hey, you've got x number of crooks in your town, which then counts down as you find them. That way you're not wondering if you still have missed any. I don't understand why your neighbors can know if your town is full but you can't.

I've stated this idea in the past. A wonder some Dev hasn't come up with it by now.
  • wadebear
    4136 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I wish they would institute a counter for mechanics like this.
    This HAS been implemented in the past. I forget which event.
    Meanwhile... You wanna make it easy to find Crooks? It's simple. Remove all Streets from your town except one patch in your Landing Zone. All Crooks will appear there. If they wander away just go to Krustyland our your neighborhood and back and they will pop back to the Streets in your landing zone.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    wadebear wrote: »
    Meanwhile... You wanna make it easy to find Crooks? It's simple. Remove all Streets from your town except one patch in your Landing Zone. All Crooks will appear there. If they wander away just go to Krustyland our your neighborhood and back and they will pop back to the Streets in your landing zone.

To each his or her own, but in my opinion this is a solution that’s definitely not worth the hassle. Especially in this instance given that the rewards for doing so are so minuscule.

Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • I've stated this idea in the past. A wonder some Dev hasn't come up with it by now.

Especially considering how much time the developers spend here, according to EA's customer service! :o
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • wadebear wrote: »

I've got neighbors who have done this. It probably works well for one's own purposes, but I dislike it as a neighbor for two reasons: first, every character in the given town congregates there, crowded together to make it very difficult to tap a single figure, and second, I have to search for where that strip of road happens to be (usually the neighbor hasn't thought to move it near to the new landing zone) - very time consuming.

IMO, I should not have to change the design of my town to make their mechanic work.