EA Forums - Banner

I REALLY don't think this new starting time is working out

Prev1
I'd personally much rather have the events go back to starting while I'm asleep where I can hit them in the morning than continue with this whole "let's go live when the two most active time zones are awake so they can crash the severs and take an hour plus to log in" method we've been dealing with lately.

Replies

• I totally agree.
  • Castiel19x
    4217 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Go back to the old way please EA.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • I said the same think to my last boss, and he agreed. :D:D
  • shabu922
    175 posts Member
    You do realize this game is played over most of the world, and no matter what time an event starts, it will be during the night for some, and during the day for others. Doesn't matter when it starts, someone will get mad.
  • shabu922 wrote: »
    You do realize this game is played over most of the world, and no matter what time an event starts, it will be during the night for some, and during the day for others. Doesn't matter when it starts, someone will get mad.

Exactly

• Vampires are cool
    But
    Werewolves are ok too
    shabu922 wrote: »

Exactly

When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • The time works for me. It’s great. Westside is the best side. Straight westcoasting
  • LittleSquishie
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It has been this thing for me recently where I've been holding the crafting currency till the last hour then had to put my phone down because it's usually a busy point of the day, completely forget and then not get to cash in my crafting currency :( it sucks. Sometimes it's different, I liked it when after the event was over you still had a day or so to craft items before it all disappeared. I also like how the mini in-between events let you finish the last prize on the prize track, but it bums me out that they don't do this for main events, kind of like a buffer/breather day between chapters and the end of the events
  • To be perfectly honest.
    I didn't even notice a difference. :|
    Maybe I'm just too rich now... I've lost touch with the "struggle" to finish events.
  • shabu922 wrote: »

Well...yeah...because I kind of mentioned that.

But do you realize that has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making?

The two most active time zones would be European and everything south and the Americas.

They've had variations since I've started playing years ago. Sometimes the events go live while the American time zones are active and the Europeans (where I am) are sleeping and vice versa (we get the event first while the Americans are sleeping).

But recently they've started going live with new events when both of the major time zones are awake (mornings for the Americans and mid afternoon or early evening here), which is causing a more extreme server lag and/or crashes that we've never had this extremely before.

Which is why I said I would rather have the inconvenience of the event going live while I'm sleeping (that is being released in America first) than dealing with spending an hour to two hours of just relogging over and over and over every freaking 15 seconds to try to get logged in, only to be kicked out after two minutes of game play and going back to relogging over and over again until the rush goes down.

No offense, but maybe next time comment on what was said instead of what you think was said.
  • Wow, its amazing how an Act available for 16 days that have logging in issues for couple of hours can have a lot of debate.

For me the Act 2 started during my working time/midday and I am just able to start it after work. So that means I lost around 6/7 hours? Then I am doomed now...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    jojoghea wrote: »
    Wow, its amazing how an Act available for 16 days that have logging in issues for couple of hours can have a lot of debate.

For me the Act 2 started during my working time/midday and I am just able to start it after work. So that means I lost around 6/7 hours? Then I am doomed now...
    tenor.gif?itemid=8644559

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Johnny2bd wrote: »
    shabu922 wrote: »

Well...yeah...because I kind of mentioned that.

But do you realize that has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making?

The two most active time zones would be European and everything south and the Americas.

They've had variations since I've started playing years ago. Sometimes the events go live while the American time zones are active and the Europeans (where I am) are sleeping and vice versa (we get the event first while the Americans are sleeping).

But recently they've started going live with new events when both of the major time zones are awake (mornings for the Americans and mid afternoon or early evening here), which is causing a more extreme server lag and/or crashes that we've never had this extremely before.

Which is why I said I would rather have the inconvenience of the event going live while I'm sleeping (that is being released in America first) than dealing with spending an hour to two hours of just relogging over and over and over every freaking 15 seconds to try to get logged in, only to be kicked out after two minutes of game play and going back to relogging over and over again until the rush goes down.

No offense, but maybe next time comment on what was said instead of what you think was said.
    If you didn't write out the entire thought in the title (title limits be damned) then you have no leg to stand on. Reading the actual content is for nerds. @shabu922 is a cool kid. Better just give him your donuts.

;)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I liked the new time, but honestly doesn't really matter to me. I don't care if it's 10am or 3am.
  • I realy like the new time, as it is perfect for me to start right after work
  • wellI would prefer 4:23:13 AM or PM, either will be fine.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    wellI would prefer 4:23:13 AM or PM, either will be fine.
    perfect time for me too, but my time zone not yours ;):D
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I hate it, I'm already working and have to wait for a break to start... I'd rather wake up to it waiting for me
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently

Time zone is negotiable, the 13 seconds are not!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

Time zone is negotiable, the 13 seconds are not!
    :D
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish