EA Forums - Banner

Real World Designs in Your TSTO Towns

Prev1
hobbesisreal
573 posts Member
edited April 2018
I like to create workable and fun designs that would actually work in the real world.

For example in my town I have....
  • The answer to how the Plow King keeps in business in the summer months (look behind the Nuke Power Plant I will eventually post below)
  • A fully workable Prison area with secure gate system, inmate yard areas, etc... (I actually used to be a corrections office in my past professional life)
  • A realistic way to include dinosaurs and Egyptian pyramids (look at my Natural History Museum design I will eventually post below)
  • I like to re-purpose items so it makes a unique new structure or design (i.e. look at my High School Gym which is really the ice skating rink I will eventually post, or extended terminals in my airport, etc...)
  • I have a full Religious District that covers Christians to Jews to Pagans to Pastry Worshipers
  • I also like the little real world details, like one of my Krusty Burgers has a working drive through, and my Grade school has a pick up kids driving area, a track and football field for the high school, a realistic dump / recycling area, etc...
  • I have a fun center area that even includes a working hedge maze
  • A realistic Airport with extended runways, passenger drop off area, and a helipad, etc...

I will share all the examples above plus more in this thread. Please feel free to share some of your most awesome designs with real world inspiration.

===================================================

Here is my airport with extended runways, a heliport, passenger drop off area, etc......

ZjS6PoR.gif

Here is my church district. It covers everything from Christians, to Jews, to Pagans, to Hindus, to Pastry Worship......
Churches_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

Want to know how the Plow King keeps in business in the summer months?
NukePlant_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

How can you make dinosaurs and ancient Egypt work into your town in a real world natural way? Just create a Natural History Museum without outside displays.....
Musuem_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

A fully workable Prison area with secure gate system, inmate yard areas, etc...

Prison_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

==================================================
Full Army Training Obstacle Course

ArmyTraining_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

==================================================
Elementary & High Schools. This a good example reusing a building for a different purpose. I used the skating rink as the High School gym. It also has a football field with a dirt track around it.

Schools_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

=================================================
DMV with full onsite driving test course......

DMV_Hobbes_TSTO.gif

Just a heads up that I updated this post with several new examples......@daved7637397 @fastshadow2 @ewestbury90 @1pillform @jmlgg @mirko_283 @KrustyBrand
Post edited by hobbesisreal on

Replies

• hobbesisreal
    573 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    duplicate post
    Post edited by hobbesisreal on
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    great airport!
    i was working on an 18 hole Country Club but the land tolkens has slowed me to 9 holes for now
    99263_FDD_D6_D8_4258_B891_ECB2_FADA7_A8_F.png
    49_EE8_F62_37_F3_4_D22_A7_F7_6_CDBC784_DCB9.png
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Here is my airport with extended runways, a heliport, passenger drop off area, etc......

ZjS6PoR.gif

Good idea to put the buildings of Springfield Heights in the airport :)
  • mirko_283
    142 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Here is my airport with extended runways, a heliport, passenger drop off area, etc......

ZjS6PoR.gif

Good idea to put the buildings of Springfield Heights in the airport :)

Sorry for the double comment my wifi did not work
    Post edited by mirko_283 on
  • great airport!
    i was working on an 18 hole Country Club but the land tolkens has slowed me to 9 holes for now

Love the golf course...I always passed on the golf course cuz I didn't think of getting 9 (or 18) of them!
  • I love your ideas I always like to make my town look like it would work in real life could I add you as a neighbour I would love to see your Springfield you can look at mine as I can’t post pictures :|
  • @ewestbury90 .....Sure. I just sent you a PM.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    thanks @hobbesisreal it takes up some serious real estate though but i will get to 18 holes eventually, one tolken at a time :D i traded airport space to make more room for the coarse by storing a bunch of the airport items
  • great airport!

Love the golf course...I always passed on the golf course cuz I didn't think of getting 9 (or 18) of them!

Same here. I only got 1, and it looks pretty stupid sitting there by itself
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    great airport!

check it out next (if visit :D ) it’s new land along the water, been trying to use one tolken per event there and now have to wait for coarses to come back to get more of those to finish
    i got one initially and put it behind a mansion and liked it so much i got a few more for same idea but soon every mansion had one and that looked stupid then thought i could do a coarse. most recently added the newest crowds like they are moving to the next hole

• jmlgg
    182 posts Member
    Nice! I usually enjoy detailed realistic towns the most, since the show SF itself is one
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Speaking of world designs. I'd like to actually create some, which will probably be 3d since some are on hills. But "star designs" I've always wanted to make but in this game it makes it incredibly difficult because we're so limited on how to place stuff.

a1-star-castle-hotel-170513-de__large.jpg?
    Star-Shaped-Forts.jpg

Or Road shapes that look like this would be nice to use. We can't even create a pattern like that either because they don't give us "round structures of any kind. We get a lot of "box" pattern items, like buildings or fences etc but never anything that's "round" If EA could give us Rounded fences or rounded buildings we could create a lot of designs. Also Triangle fences would be nice too. Or at least be able to rotate the fences in another direction.....Because creating circles or triangles seems impossible.
    Sidewalks like this would be great to have too
    dubai_property-1.jpg
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    great airport!

check it out next (if visit :D ) it’s new land along the water, been trying to use one tolken per event there and now have to wait for coarses to come back to get more of those to finish
    i got one initially and put it behind a mansion and liked it so much i got a few more for same idea but soon every mansion had one and that looked stupid then thought i could do a coarse. most recently added the newest crowds like they are moving to the next hole

Here you go, my sad little 1 hole golf course:
    457UOnE.jpg
  • @ewestbury90 .....Sure. I just sent you a PM.

Thanks neighbour took me a while to look through your town I love your designs :D
    Ps I’ve sent you some crooks lol ;)
  • great airport!

Here you go, my sad little 1 hole golf course:
    457UOnE.jpg
    looks sooo lonely :(

• Doesnt it. Probably doesnt get a lot of action either. Who wants to play 1 hole 18 times?
  • Updated original post with several more of examples from my town.
  • Doesnt it. Probably doesnt get a lot of action either. Who wants to play 1 hole 18 times?
    i don’t want to play 1,9,or 18 once :D golf makes me mad and i am no good to say the least :D

• Updated original post with several more of examples from my town.
    like all the designs, my favorite is the pentagram with the flaming tree

• mystery2mi
    2357 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @hobbesisreal Your town is amazing! I did something similar to your prison area by using the underground building to connect the juvenile corrections to the main prison. I figured it would make family visitation day more convenient for Snake and Jeremy. :D Was that what you were trying to do also? The only difference is I used Burns State Prison instead of Springfield Prison. I've been trying to swap them out but haven't found a good way to do it yet.
    Post edited by mystery2mi on