EA Forums - Banner

Notifications for android are not being received

I haven't received a notification for Simpsons in what seems like weeks. This is a annoyance to not receive notifications when player task are finished. Please fix...

Replies

• simpsonare wrote: »
    I haven't received a notification for Simpsons in what seems like weeks. This is a annoyance to not receive notifications when player task are finished. Please fix...

What phone/OS do you have? I have Android 8.1 and I haven't received updates ever since Android Oreo (8.0) came out.
  • simpsonare
    2283 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I have the S8 and Note 8 and neither receive any notifications.
    @mlavanway
    I have the S8 and Note 8 and neither receive any notifications.
    @mlavanway

when did you last receive notifications? Before any software updates recently because both those phones recently got Android Oreo.
  • simpsonare
    2283 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I think that's what it may be was after updating my phone.
    @mlavanway
  • simpsonare
    2283 posts Member
    Hopefully this will be fixed once the takedown comes. I still have received no notifications except for in store updates and neighbor visits
  • I haven't had notifications on my Android for months now, way back to around Halloween last year.

Long shot....but...... I wonder if this is a yet side affect of being hit with the glitch? This is about the time I stopped getting my notifications. Have you guys been hit with the glitch?
  • simpsonare
    2283 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @hobbesisreal
    I'm actually starting to think it's intentional by EA. I'm still getting notifications for neighbors dropping robbers and store updates. But I receive no notifications regarding job completion. Either that or I have some type of bug.
  • simpsonare
    2283 posts Member
    I contacted support and got it fixed! You need to turn the battery optimization off. It's holding back notifications. Go to the app in your settings. Go to battery. And you'll see optimization. Select it and disable it for the simpsons @hobbesisreal if this doesn't work it could be a bug.
    I contacted support and got it fixed! You need to turn the battery optimization off. It's holding back notifications. Go to the app in your settings. Go to battery. And you'll see optimization. Select it and disable it for the simpsons @hobbesisreal if this doesn't work it could be a bug.

This fixed it for me! I haven't received notifications for a long time (I think since Oreo came out on Android).
  • It doesn't give me the optimization option just power exclusions.. So that worked but it's not the apps default sounds like homer talking but just my phones random sounds and there is no option to change/make it the actual app sounds i have an LG G5
  • Has anyone else recently been experiencing this again? I'd not earlier, but it suddenly started on both my LG Stylus5 and Amazon Fire with the Halloween patch. I don't recall whether this was before or after the last system update on either device, but it definitely happened to both at the same time. So far, I've found the setting to exclude battery optimization on the LG, waiting to see if it worked.