EA Forums - Banner

What Do You Do When You Have ALL Land and Your Town Is Designed?

So....I am not there yet, but I have purchased all the land East to West and all the land in SH......I am just working my way down South.

So with the end goal of purchasing all the land in sight (though still a little ways off).....I got to thinking about what I can do once I have 100% of all the land purchased and my town is nicely designed from shining see to the purple mountains to edged of TSTO world existence?

So I think what I am going to do when I finally reach that point..... .I am going to take the time to stitch together a complete single photo screenshot of my entire town and then have it made into a 2,000 piece puzzle. Here is just one example of this HERE. I would simply wait for a good Groupon offer to do this as they frequently have 80%-90% deals on photo to books / canvas / mugs / puzzles / etc... offers almost monthly from several different companies.

So the question is..........

1) If you already have all the land and have a fully designed town......are you going to do anything special with it?

2) If you are not at that point yet.....what WILL you do once you do get there?

Replies

• Once I get there I'll just redesign bit by bit and show of what I've created on the showcase In fact I do that already. Plus I keep most of my design small so I don't get to that point where it's full and don't plan to get there anytime soon.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • mirko_283
    142 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You can nuke your town and rebuild it B)
    Whenever I want to make a screenshot of my entire town I start making screenshots, I get discouraged and I give up.

The last time I did it was at Halloween 2016
    1eyLauj.jpg
    And still she was not completely full on this picture
  • I haven’t a clue! lol I don’t really want to remove any parts to add new ones so no idea :#
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    as i was running out of land i learned to condense buildings closer, got rid of all parking lots(i mean spots), and scaled down my forest. sadly i’m outta room still in my main town. i might have to put more vans in storage for room, don’t need the XP. i did get snow cats (SBll) when offered to cut down on XP footprint but i’m trying to wait out the tolken system
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Although I have played TSTO now for several years, no land never has been an issue for me so far.
    I am always trying to do a compact design with the new items we get and from land perspective this is working for me.

My biggest complain is the decoration item limit, which had hit me several times.
    And this is more annoying than everything else as you really have to remove items from your town.
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ^^ @th1103ne70 .... Agreed....I haven't hit the actual limit yet, but I have warnings constantly that I am getting close.
  • th1103ne70 wrote: »
    Although I have played TSTO now for several years, no land never has been an issue for me so far.
    I am always trying to do a compact design with the new items we get and from land perspective this is working for me.

My biggest complain is the decoration item limit, which had hit me several times.
    And this is more annoying than everything else as you really have to remove items from your town.

I always try to be mindful of both when I'm designing or redesigning. I havent hit the item warning or run short of land, in part due to this. I also try to be alert for anything that can go to keep the numbers down/ space open. It is a shame we have to play like this, but it is what it is.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • th1103ne70 wrote: »
    Although I have played TSTO now for several years, no land never has been an issue for me so far.

I always try to be mindful of both when I'm designing or redesigning. I havent hit the item warning or run short of land, in part due to this. I also try to be alert for anything that can go to keep the numbers down/ space open. It is a shame we have to play like this, but it is what it is.

This is pretty much how I play and wish I could put some real detail into my designs but can't due to that limit and lots of items have to be sacrifice too.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I usually do a three phase process when designing.........
    1. When we get a lot of new items in a themed event, I usually make a cool (and honestly too big) design with the new stuff.
    2. Then as I make the new designs, I usually look at the ones that about a 6 month to a year old and I compact the design to a more economical design (from a land-real-estate point of view).
    3. And every few months I stop farming and focus cash on buying a few more land spaces.

Because of this I have never felt pinched for land, but grow at a nice even pace with designs and land availability......so far.....