EA Forums - Banner

Krusty was Homer?

Nope, the idea was that Bart hates Homer, but worships a clown that looks just like him.

Replies

• mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    You're Cracked!! :mrgreen:
  • DukeEsqIII
    78 posts
    edited May 2013
    The original idea behind Krusty the Clown was that he was Homer in disguise, but Homer still couldn’t get any respect from his son, who worshipped Krusty. If you look at Krusty, it’s just Homer with extended hair and a tuft on his head. We were in such a rush in the beginning of the series that I thought, ‘Oh, it’s too complicated,’ so we just dropped it. But when I look at Krusty, I think, ‘Yeah — that’s Homer.

That's from Matt Groening.

Source:
    http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/05/01/tv-legends-revealed-was-krusty-supposed-to-be-homer-in-disguise/
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    DukeEsqIII wrote:
    The original idea behind Krusty the Clown was that he was Homer in disguise, but Homer still couldn’t get any respect from his son, who worshipped Krusty. If you look at Krusty, it’s just Homer with extended hair and a tuft on his head. We were in such a rush in the beginning of the series that I thought, ‘Oh, it’s too complicated,’ so we just dropped it. But when I look at Krusty, I think, ‘Yeah — that’s Homer.

That's from Matt Groening.

Source:
    http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/05/01/tv-legends-revealed-was-krusty-supposed-to-be-homer-in-disguise/

Huh! Interesting! :shock:
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Good read.
  • Leon2683
    241 posts
    edited May 2013
    The one about Fraisier the TV show is also pretty interesting.,

Here's another one I know, Jon Cryer (Alan from two and a half men) was originally asked to play chandler in friends but refused the offer to play the role.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited May 2013
    Damn I was Hopeing he still was :P
  • AAASmuck
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Leon2683 wrote:

Here's another one I know, Jon Cryer (Alan from two and a half men) was originally asked to play chandler in friends but refused the offer to play the role.

Cant be true since Friends started 9 years before two and a half men.
  • DukeEsqIII
    78 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't think he meant Men got in the way. He just said Cryer turned down a role on Friends.

There are some pretty good articles that discuss casting changes that would have completely changed the movies. Imagine Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones, Arnold Swartzenegger as John McClain or even Sly Stallone as Axel Foley because those almost happened.
  • Dyl26
    171 posts
    edited May 2013
    That is actually a very interesting idea but I guess after the revelation they would only be able to do so much with Krusty and Homer being the same person. The friends bit there is actually interesting I wonder how it would've turned out.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    Dyl26 wrote:
    That is actually a very interesting idea but I guess after the revelation they would only be able to do so much with Krusty and Homer being the same person.

This. :thumbup:
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised so few knew this...

I thought any *real* Simpson fan already was aware of this. ;)
  • CactusEater
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    [off topic]

Number 4 on the list is wrong, as kermit already existed by the time of the Wilkins commercials. I could continue, but I'd bore everyone.
  • Leon2683
    241 posts
    edited May 2013
    Leon2683 wrote:

I didn't say that he refused the offer to play the role at two and a half men. I just said he refused the offer. I only used the two and a half men reference in case people did not know who he was.

It is true, I read it on IMDB.
  • __zainh17__123
    337 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Leon2683 wrote:

I think he is saying that Jon Cryer was asked to play Chandler before 2.5 men started
  • Leon2683
    241 posts
    edited May 2013
    Leon2683 wrote:

I think he is saying that Jon Cryer was asked to play Chandler before 2.5 men started

Yes! Thank you, my words were a little tangled lol
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited May 2013
    DukeEsqIII wrote:
    I don't think he meant Men got in the way. He just said Cryer turned down a role on Friends.

There are some pretty good articles that discuss casting changes that would have completely changed the movies. Imagine Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones, Arnold Swartzenegger as John McClain or even Sly Stallone as Axel Foley because those almost happened.
    Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly...which DID happen and was undone during filming.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    rlzRYUP.jpg
    I can't believe i never noticed this before-its so obvious.
  • AAASmuck
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Leon2683 wrote:
    Leon2683 wrote:

I didn't say that he refused the offer to play the role at two and a half men. I just said he refused the offer. I only used the two and a half men reference in case people did not know who he was.

It is true, I read it on IMDB.

My bad I misread what you wrote.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited May 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    rlzRYUP.jpg
    I can't believe i never noticed this before-its so obvious.

^ This. Brilliant concept, but for the long run, it would have had nowhere to go. Love the idea, though, and Krusty can still symbolically represent Homer!

As for Frasier, I did know all of them except that Frasier himself was supposed to be a paraplegic billionaire. Eek! One of my favorite shows, and it was almost completely different.

It's amazing to see the journey from where an idea starts to where it finally winds up. On a side note, I am totally addicted to Cracked.com. It is wonderful, hilarious, and informative reading on the go! :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!