EA Forums - Banner

HELP! - Everyone in Town is Stuck in the Orange House "Living in Fear"

orionsbell
473 posts Member
edited April 2018
So I sent all characters that would go to the task "Living in Fear" for Jack the Ripper. For the second day now, I tapped the tower of thumbs but it doesn't unlock the characters from the task. I get cash and XP's for the tap, but I'd like to have control over the characters once again. Help?!!!!
BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png

Replies

• Same here, contacted EA they said they could roll back my game. I asked them what my progress up to this point? They said not to worry, they'd compensate with donuts. They rolled me back 2 days, I haven't reached living in fear yet, for the second time, and I haven't been compensated yet either??? Hope nothing bad happens, either way I'm out 2 days progress in the meantime...
  • Silly question, but does storing the house free them? If you have to do it again, maybe only send as many people as you need, not everyone... This is an odd one, maybe someone else has seen it before
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • orionsbell
    473 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Silly question, but does storing the house free them? If you have to do it again, maybe only send as many people as you need, not everyone... This is an odd one, maybe someone else has seen it before
    Oh thank you wise smoking monkey! That did it!

Post edited by orionsbell on
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • orionsbell wrote: »
    Silly question, but does storing the house free them? If you have to do it again, maybe only send as many people as you need, not everyone... This is an odd one, maybe someone else has seen it before
    Oh thank you wise smoking money! That did it!

Im happy it worked. It was a total shot in the dark! Glad I could pay you back a bit for your wonderful checklists!
  • This is a bit troubling too, I answered a similar question a while ago in this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/215608/stuck-on-a-daily-chalange#latest
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • @Muhsterino

I seem to remember seeing this come up somewhere else recently. If I come across it I will let you know
  • jaythecanadian
    552 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @orionsbell

You didn't need to send all. Just a few. Apparently only 1 character needed to be sent which seems to works fine. I sent 3 and when I did the donut rush on Homer, it said done. They went to Burn's manor.

Try the donut rush.

Post edited by jaythecanadian on
  • I haven't been buying stuff as of late, but storing buildings always helps, unless, the particular building can't be stored. On the other hand, look at the amount of characters that will actually complete a task, and only put that amount in to finish. You don't need to send everybody to do the task.