EA Forums - Banner

unintended consequences

Prev1
cdepast
2463 posts Member
the unintended consequences of the land tokens is that in game money is now obsolete. that has resulted in not having a reason to even tap anymore. And because we can't even unlock the land we can't design. This will ultimately lead to attrition of long term players, as there is literally nothing to do except collect event currency. it is really the worst mechanic since the random luck Easter event.

Replies

• Money is still needed for donut farming
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    Money is still needed for donut farming

you can't farm with no land.
  • cdepast wrote: »
    Money is still needed for donut farming

you can't farm with no land.

Store some of your content?

• And when there is nothing more to by with donuts either, there is no reson to Donut farm.
    The IGC just piles up, and so does the donuts.
    Would like to spend my IGC on the new land strips, but i can't anymore.
    I cant by anything with donuts, so why farm for more, got 17000+ now and they just keep comming in,even tho i rush everything in all acts, and by all that comes available for donuts.
    IGC is just dead since the land tokens.
  • Runeabj wrote: »
    And when there is nothing more to by with donuts either, there is no reson to Donut farm.
    I cant by anything with donuts, so why farm for more, got 17000+ now and they just keep comming in,even tho i rush everything in all acts, and by all that comes available for donuts.

Aren’t you engaging in a bit of hyperbole here? The developers are, after all, still releasing new premium content that requires the expenditure of donuts.

• bluntcard
    3651 posts Member
    I'm a long time player and I have lots of land. I don't place every single decoration because so much of it is ugly, but I think I could still fit it all in to the available land, nicely.

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    I place at least one of everything. that's always been part of the game for me
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    I'm a long time player and I have lots of land. I don't place every single decoration because so much of it is ugly, but I think I could still fit it all in to the available land, nicely.

Same here. Plus if you farm, you probably already have a little spot set aside for it. If not, then I dont know what to say. Maybe its time for a new game? Personally if a game aggrivates me to the point where I no longer enjoyed it, its time for me to say goodbye and head in a new direction. Ive got enough aggravation in life without getting it from a game. Games are supposed to be fun.
  • I quite simply view this as an event aberration, when the event is over normality will resume. Anything that is not okay at that point is your problem. (Arthur really has no idea what is in store for him now, and I am just glad that I have no pain in the diodes all down my left hand side.)
  • Runeabj
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Runeabj wrote: »
    And when there is nothing more to by with donuts either, there is no reson to Donut farm.

Aren’t you engaging in a bit of hyperbole here? The developers are, after all, still releasing new premium content that requires the expenditure of donuts.

Well... I buy everything I can with Donuts, they still pile up.
    So no to that one.
    I do farm donuts tho, but not much, only one lot KEM once/twice a day.
    Edit: 1 lot =4*9 KEMs (45)

IGC piles up constantly just by collecting 12hrs jobs.
    Almost never collect house income anymore, makes no point.
    Release of donut prised new stuff does bot happen fast enough to let my donuts income drop.
    I'm only at 4200ish % Xp.

Well... I buy everything I can with Donuts, they still pile up.
    So no to that one.
    I do farm donuts tho, but not much, only one lot KEM once/twice a day.
    Edit: 1 lot =4*9 KEMs (45)

IGC piles up constantly just by collecting 12hrs jobs.
    Almost never collect house income anymore, makes no point.
    Release of donut prised new stuff does bot happen fast enough to let my donuts income drop.

Saying that you have a surplus of donuts and/or igc is different than saying these features are “obsolete” or “dead” to use the words of earlier posters. And I would further maintain that you’re overgeneralizing based on your own game — after all, relatively few users have multipliers in the thousands. For the majority of players, the acquisition of donuts and igc is still a worthwhile goal. All this handwringing about having too many donuts and too much igc sounds suspiciously like the rich complaining that they’re too rich; I’m not all that sympathetic.
  • There were 264 plots of land released in 2017. How can that not be enough? Perhaps you need to rethink how you use your land.
    KtRn5So.png
    Expansion stats
  • heyababy47428
    1033 posts Member
    edited April 2018

you only need about 2000% for the game to be F2P.
    disagree that what is causing problems is the land tokens. imho, it's that donut farming is way too easy.

Only?

Talk about first world problems.

Only? Really?

Wow. Just wow.
  • There are ALWAYS reasons to have donuts!!! In my opinion EA made a huge mistake because the only thing hindering me from farming more donuts was using my cash for land. Now I have all the money in the world to get more donuts. I'm not buying donuts anymore. Less money for them. Better for me :)
  • I have played since the beginning. I too play with at least one of everything and the design challenge that goes along with that. I have a moderate 800% bonus and a small KEM farm. I used to collect IGC regularly to ensure I could buy land. With land tokens I’m just accumulating cash, I can easily make & get even more donuts now with trucks or bloodmobiles, but I cant now design properly so it’s becoming annoying and aggravating and consequently I’m playing less and so will likely just stop and do something else.
  • completely agree. I have way too much money to farm now.
  • There were 264 plots of land released in 2017. How can that not be enough? Perhaps you need to rethink how you use your land.
    KtRn5So.png
    Expansion stats

Well, is either that or they are releasing so much new content that the land is not enough to keep up with it. Plus, everything now is huge compared to what we used to have in the past.
    KtRn5So.png
    Expansion stats

i did rethink how i use the land.... after a new strip per event became the norm. it got me to alter how i designed areas in a fundamental way, even to visit older parts of my town to move things around, expand, and open them up. and now, after getting used to a continual stream of content releases and land expansions, they've decided to continue with the former while ridding us of the latter.

i've put more time and effort into this game than i care to admit. I don't store whole events/areas, and try to keep out as much of the stuff we earn and unlock as possible. i love my town, and have zero interest in being forced to rethink the way i design yet again, especially in a manner that is counterintuitive to the trend they've established over the last few years. the item cap has been limiting enough as it is, but begrudgingly understandable given the wide range of supported devices. the need for restricting land as well... not so much.

i get that this sentiment will mainly apply to long-time players, or to those whose sole interest in the game is designing, or to a select few... or maybe it's just me. all i know is, the only thing this land token restriction has got me rethinking is whether or not it's still worth the trouble to continue playing.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6217 posts Moderator
    The in-game cash is also used for when they add more Road to Riches items. This is why I miss the Level updates. There was always new characters, buildings & decorations you could buy with IGC.

It would be great if all the current land available now that costs tokens give you the option to also buy it with IGC. I haven’t been able to buy any new land because of the lack of tokens, so I’m gonna be in a pinch for designing for this event