EA Forums - Banner

Is anyone "helping" you during this event?

Prev1
Jonalinn
1751 posts Member
Just curious.. I've been going round to my neighbors and trying to help them.. but when I come back into my game I get the "sorry, no on has helped you" notice. I was wondering if this is just a glitch of some sort (or if my friends have truly abandoned me lol :D )
You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

• Willy9292
    1416 posts Member
    Its about 60/40 for me...60% of the time I get no one helped you, the rest someone did.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Castiel19x
    3777 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I've never even notice as I just skip past it every time and I try to drop a few in my neighbours town but I don't really get many masks to even help some people out.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • I am being very unsocial this event. I purchased extra characters and so I dont even visit. I have tapped on the odd crook someone has dropped but I dont race to find them with each alert.

Someone spank me.
  • not much tis event, mask drop rate is small. i’ve been saving up masks and doing visits about every 2 weeks to drop 1 per town for most neighbors
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • My wife and i dont even get enough to give each other let alone other people
  • Barely, but I also don't have enough masks to drop in more than one town per day.
  • Hi @Jonalinn, to answer your question... when you drop a crook, your neighbor has 4 hours to find it. If not found after 4 hours you get the "no one helped you"
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i’ve been saving up all week, got 20 or about 3 masks a day and i play a lot
    was hoping the drop rate would increase with act 2 but has actually gone down, act 1 a was averaging 5-6 per day
  • i’ve been saving up all week, got 20 or about 3 masks a day and i play a lot
    was hoping the drop rate would increase with act 2 but has actually gone down, act 1 a was averaging 5-6 per day

I was going to say it seemed a little better the last few days, to me at least. But I accidentally bought that stupid license thing so when I do visits i get 2 masks rather then 1
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • i’ve been saving up all week, got 20 or about 3 masks a day and i play a lot

I was going to say it seemed a little better the last few days, to me at least. But I accidentally bought that stupid license thing so when I do visits i get 2 masks rather then 1
    well, at least its helping
    my other thought is that i quit doing daily visits so thats what is my decrease in mask drops :#

• I haven been saving masks this whole act. I drop off an occasional one here and there but i have saved 50 for the next act. Which ain't allot.
  • Just this guy latest?cb=20131116161256 he's always been there for me.
  • 1pillform
    1927 posts Member
    Nope. Probably because I'm not helping anyone either. lol Mostly due to I haven't been able to get on and play during this event much. I missed a LOT. I won't be able to even come close to finishing act 2. I'm 4 prizes behind on act 2. I never even got the last 2 prizes from act 1. Because I haven't been able to get on because of work. So, I apologize for those on my neighbor list. If you were wondering why I haven't sent any burglars your way is because of this reason.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • The robbers that are being dropped only adds to your crafting. I have not had any return on the scoreboard to help with the prize track. If anyone has gained prize amounts on that board... I would like to know what I am doing wrong.
  • I was also going to say it seems like the mask drop rate has increased just in the last few days. I’m actually getting them when visiting friends towns but only very recently.
    To me it seems that if you visit a friend and then scour and hunt to tap three times you should be given at least one (if not three) mask to drop and leave your calling card.
    W.G.
  • I never really search for robbers in my town. I suppose some have appeared, but since I haven't tapped on them I haven't "helped" anyone. My landing zone isn't near many roads, so that doesn't help me spot roaming robbers.

I only really drop robbers on one's neighbor's town. The person (starts with kaitlyn, I think I added from here) was hitting my town old school style before the event (i.e. leaving handshakes), so I've been leaving her robbers every so often (and when a daily challenge requires it). Sometimes she "helps" me by finding them, sometimes not. It's no big deal to me either way. But it is kinda nice to have a subtle acknowledgment that there are active neighbors out there.

(p.s. my forum name is not my town/game) name)

• jbw431
    52 posts Member
    Whenever I find the robbers in my town I make note of who it was and return the favor quickly (assuming since I am in the game every few hours that if I see the robbers the person who dropped them might still be in their game). This usually results in getting the message that the neighbor helped me. Otherwise, if robbers are dropped randomly into neighbor’s towns, I get the message that no one helped me. Also, I know that a couple of my neighbors are active at certain times during the day, so I drop robbers during those times with generally good results. But, as usual, your mileage may vary.
    One on getter for the clickity clack please
  • jbw431 wrote: »
    Whenever I find the robbers in my town I make note of who it was and return the favor quickly (assuming since I am in the game every few hours that if I see the robbers the person who dropped them might still be in their game). This usually results in getting the message that the neighbor helped me. Otherwise, if robbers are dropped randomly into neighbor’s towns, I get the message that no one helped me. Also, I know that a couple of my neighbors are active at certain times during the day, so I drop robbers during those times with generally good results. But, as usual, your mileage may vary.

Mmmm, yeh. Too much effort when I can already reach the end of each portion of the event with days to spare.
  • Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member
    You guys rock (no wonder it's always fun coming here ;) ) @frosted1414, thank you! I visit at night and maybe others do too. So if I only have 4 hrs, then that's probably why I'm missing them. I'm snoozing through the time frame lol :D
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I think it is very difficult to help friends or get help from friends during this event.
    Even after I have received a phone message, that someone has send crooks to my town it is very hard to find this crook. Most of the time they are hiding behind buildings and you are only able to find them if you greay out the items.
    To be honest I don't care to search for them as it is time consuming and the revenue is very low.
    In addition the revenue for the friend who has send me a crook stays the same regardless if I found the crook (e.g. if I had helped my friend) or not.