EA Forums - Banner

Why The New Land For Tokens Is Such An Epic Fail

Prev13
empathy77
4185 posts Member
As you may or may not know, the last 2 strips of land released is only achievable with "Free Land Tokens", not with in game currency.
And on a side note, the "Roads to Riches" quest has not had anything new available with it since it was implemented in the game.
So I ask the ladies and gentlemen in the EA office in charge of the development of this game, what exactly do you expect us, the players, to do with all the in game currency we have?
The Answer:
rat-trap-delivery-truck.png
Long time players know why this answer is bad for EA

Replies

• The person who came up with the idea of land tokens needs to be fired and to those who gave up on previous ideas.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    replace land tokens with weather effects. Weather effects make a lot more sense then a dumb token that only shows up during events.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    As you may or may not know, the last 2 strips of land released is only achievable with "Free Land Tokens", not with in game currency.
    And on a side note, the "Roads to Riches" quest has not had anything new available with it since it was implemented in the game.
    So I ask the ladies and gentlemen in the EA office in charge of the development of this game, what exactly do you expect us, the players, to do with all the in game currency we have?
    The Answer:
    rat-trap-delivery-truck.png
    Long time players know why this answer is bad for EA

I really, really dislike the current method by which land is (very slowly) released, but whether or not it’s an “epic fail” from EA’s point of view is perhaps less than clear.

On the one hand, if the point of the system is to purposefully slow down town growth (perhaps for purposes having to do with game stability), then it’s a rousing success. It is likely (as you posit) that one side effect of this policy is an increase in the number of free donuts acquired by those with large igc surpluses. But that number may be small relative to the number of donuts still purchased with real world money. In others words, from EA’s perspective, it may well be a consequence they can live with.

• I was ok with the Land Tokens at first. But then this latest event came out with many huge buildings, and I'm slowly destroying my town to just hoard the new items till I can build it better.
  • Replace land tokens with a fix to the past events glitch.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • dndNyrx.jpg.....
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    replace land tokens with weather effects. Weather effects make a lot more sense then a dumb token that only shows up during events.

When is the last time we didn't have an event going on?? I would like to know what the longest time between land threads is. Coupla days?
  • ... if the point of the system is to purposefully slow down town growth (perhaps for purposes having to do with game stability) ...
    There must be some technical reason, and this is their solution.
    As for the <1% of you that have every square of land packed with everything ever released, EA is not likely to make money off of you, as such not likely to cater to your lavish demands.
  • I have my pitch fork ready.. . :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    I'd be ok with land for donuts over this nonsense
  • cdepast wrote: »

I'd prefer this too.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    cdepast wrote: »

I'd prefer this too.

So would I, but I think this proposal misses the point. It seems fairly clear that EA is trying to curtail growth rate by no longer allowing purchase of land with igc. If that’s true it seems unlikely they’re going to turn around and allow us to purchase it with donuts.

I'd prefer this too.

So would I, but I think this proposal misses the point. It seems fairly clear that EA is trying to curtail growth rate by no longer allowing purchase of land with igc. If that’s true it seems unlikely they’re going to turn around and allow us to purchase it with donuts.

I agree with your theory, but what I dont get is if they are trying to slow/curtail the towns growth, why offer land at all? Just dont make it available for a while rather then dangling in front of us, doling it out 6 pieces per event.

I'd prefer this too.

I agree with your theory, but what I dont get is if they are trying to slow/curtail the towns growth, why offer land at all? Just dont make it available for a while rather then dangling in front of us, doling it out 6 pieces per event.

I’m just guessing, of course. Maybe they think that by ever so slowly “doling it out” (to use your apt phrase), there will be less griping. This way they provide the illusion that land is still plentiful and easily available.

• daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Castiel19x wrote: »

I'd prefer this too.

I’m just guessing, of course. Maybe they think that by ever so slowly “doling it out” (to use your apt phrase), there will be less griping. This way they provide the illusion that land is still plentiful and easily available.

Good point. No matter what they do people always seem to gripe. If they gave every player 500 free donuts, someone would want to know why it wasn't 501. I can definitely see your point about minimizing the complaints.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    I'm going to be a billionaire soon.
  • petehd14 wrote: »
    I'm going to be a billionaire soon.

Donate some to EA so they can sort this game out. :joy:
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    The land token method has effectively killed my enthusiasm for this game.

Because i cannot buy all the land, i cannot plan new larger designs. So I'm not sure which land squares to buy, as i have 8 tokens and 30 obtainable squares. So all my buildings on this side are a mess.

I NEED ALL THE LAND AT ONCE, EA! STOP BEING CONTROL FREAK MICRO MANAGERS AND GIVE IT TO US.

Unfortunately this problem only exists for a minority: the few who are at the highest limits of the game. What percentage of players have all the land except the token spaces?

And that minority happens to be getting away with donut farming without consequence, which blows my mind. That's remarkably GENEROUS and people just take it for granted. If i worked at EA, I could imagine being pretty irked this segment of players still complains about anything.

So they may not give a hoot that a few of us are complaining, as the complaint stream NEVER FRICKIN ENDS.

But i hate the tokens and i hate the feature count limit. They are STIFLING MY CREATIVITY!

LOL #whatever #justagame #freemiumftw

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    The land token method has effectively killed my enthusiasm for this game.

Because i cannot buy all the land, i cannot plan new larger designs. So I'm not sure which land squares to buy, as i have 8 tokens and 30 obtainable squares. So all my buildings on this side are a mess.

I NEED ALL THE LAND AT ONCE, EA! STOP BEING CONTROL FREAK MICRO MANAGERS AND GIVE IT TO US.

Unfortunately this problem only exists for a minority: the few who are at the highest limits of the game. What percentage of players have all the land except the token spaces?

And that minority happens to be getting away with donut farming without consequence, which blows my mind. That's remarkably GENEROUS and people just take it for granted. If i worked at EA, I could imagine being pretty irked this segment of players still complains about anything.

So they may not give a hoot that a few of us are complaining, as the complaint stream NEVER FRICKIN ENDS.

But i hate the tokens and i hate the feature count limit. They are STIFLING MY CREATIVITY!

LOL #whatever #justagame #freemiumftw

I agree. The creativity aspect attracted me to this game originally and it is what keeps me playing - that and new content.

I would SO love to move a lot of stuff to Krustyland (all those castles!). I have plenty of land to spare there!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

I think you have put your finger on a significant aspect of the problem. The users most affected by this policy change tend by and large to be the same users who spend the least amount of real world money on the game and hence have the least amount of leverage to effect change.