EA Forums - Banner

how are you guys so rich?

Prev13
It's called house farming.

Build A lot of houses and farm them.
And try to time your houses. Like if you only get online 1x a day put down 24hour houses.
Just check what you prefer.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    i think some people build stupid house farms to get lots of money but i think that looks dumb

i have 1.5 million saved up and i don't do anything special.

• cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat and only have 15% bonus with no premium characters. Keep telling myself to be satisfied but it's hard. Then again I'm just not prepared to spend the extortionate prices EA asks so guess that's my answer.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    More premium characters is the way to go, they make double than a normal character. Try and save for the cheapest ones (out of the ones that come with buildings I'd say Otto is the best value).

Oh and since the snake logs started paying out I've been making a fortune.
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited May 2013
    Same here ! I still find extremely hard to save cash money, I'm on level 30 but after land expansion couldn't afford Zesty's Pizza, only Herman's Military Antique. I don't have tons of premiums and multipliers, so I guess it will take time. I can imagine it will take me ages to build the Squidport !!!
  • robm978
    315 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I was a house farmer when I first started playing but stored many of them as my town began to grow. But nothing generates money like sending your characters on tasks and the more characters you have, the more money you make. You'll find that the members on this forum who have a lot of money also have all the premium characters. So don't get down if you are not generating that kind of money. What matters most is that you are having fun playing. Keep telling yourself that this is a GAME only.

Cheers!
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I keep seeing people mentioning their millions, or hundreds of thousands....preparing for squiqport...

I can't barely buy any building/land when i unlock them. I just built burns mansion yesterday after saving for 3days And I'm 3 buildings behind schedule. Just made to level 29th in xps.

How do you earn so much money? I have 3 premium chars + 17% bonus.

I play daily and whenever i can i set them to 60 mins tasks. Still... poor as poor can get.

Can anyone give some tips on how to earn more money? :) do you buy it with donuts?

See for yourself
    http://i.imgur.com/oumnqSB.jpg

Probably one of the 4 cases:

1. Former house farmer
    2. Got premiums early (purchased donuts early on)
    3. Abused money glitch (no longer able to)
    4. Started on day 1

I've played since near the beginning and didn't utilize any of the 3 above, I'm finally finishing off the land. I have a good chunk of the premiums (only missing Lugash, Shauna and Jasper among some decor and misc structures).

As mentioned, house farming will get you the cash if you are in a hurry.

Getting the premiums early on allows you to make lots of cash faster and were able to save up a lot easier (additional tasks, rents add up quickly).

There was a previous money glitch where you would get a bonus from visiting friends, so people would log into a town and back out and back in like 100 times, so that when you collected your 3 from the visit, you could make thousands on each time (multiply this by having 50-100 friends).

A number of the people on the board had the game for over a year, so they've had plenty of time to acquire all the land. When you max the level, you just amass cash. Once you are out of land and buildings, well you still generate cash.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited May 2013
    Farming 100 blue houses. Having most of the premium characters and 37% multiplier. That gives me over 100.000 per day. I didn't really care until I wanted to buy all the land. Afterwards I started saving... Didn't work as lvl 30 came out and I'm back to 150.000...
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    Well as far as premium goes I have otto, duffman, bublebeeman, hans moleman, sideshow mel and Kearney (wow 6 not 4)
    I recently bought the stage...

I don't really like house farms, I like to keep my springfield clean and closer as possible to some remarkable episodes. I have 9 blue houses around anyway...

Is there another way to go?

• ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I started about a week before the duff racer was giving out so I've hit max lvl and had nothing to do but collect money and wait for next update and such they've started to bring the updates out faster now before it was once a month now it seems like every week to every other week so for the older players we've had more time to collect money at the beginning then newer players
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I have all the character premiums (and a 36% multiplier) and a small house farm (2 squares of blue houses, 1 square of purple). By setting all characters to 1 hour tasks, I can amass $150,000 a day.

I do not like house farming, but I keep it in a small corner, nothing to elaborate. It does work though.
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited May 2013
    Well to start off without any bonus i earn around $20000 every 8 hours, with my 250% bonus i make $50000
    So i earn $150,000 a day
    $1.15 million a week
    And $ 4.6 million a month
    Without a house farm!

And i never sent any character on tasks anymore unless the have a fun animation.
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    robm978 wrote:
    I was a house farmer when I first started playing but stored many of them as my town began to grow. But nothing generates money like sending your characters on tasks and the more characters you have, the more money you make. You'll find that the members on this forum who have a lot of money also have all the premium characters. So don't get down if you are not generating that kind of money. What matters most is that you are having fun playing. Keep telling yourself that this is a GAME only.

Cheers!

a game? Are you serious man
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion!!

I just bought squeaky voice teen to add an extra premium to the lot. I still have 1700 donuts so I just might buy the channel 6 van or something to add more bonus...

Maybe I will have to house farm a little. :( Even though I hate the looks of it.

Probably one of the 4 cases:

1. Former house farmer
    2. Got premiums early (purchased donuts early on)
    3. Abused money glitch (no longer able to)
    4. Started on day 1

I've played since near the beginning and didn't utilize any of the 3 above, I'm finally finishing off the land. I have a good chunk of the premiums (only missing Lugash, Shauna and Jasper among some decor and misc structures).

As mentioned, house farming will get you the cash if you are in a hurry.

Getting the premiums early on allows you to make lots of cash faster and were able to save up a lot easier (additional tasks, rents add up quickly).

There was a previous money glitch where you would get a bonus from visiting friends, so people would log into a town and back out and back in like 100 times, so that when you collected your 3 from the visit, you could make thousands on each time (multiply this by having 50-100 friends).

A number of the people on the board had the game for over a year, so they've had plenty of time to acquire all the land. When you max the level, you just amass cash. Once you are out of land and buildings, well you still generate cash.
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Well as far as premium goes I have otto, duffman, bublebeeman, hans moleman, sideshow mel and Kearney (wow 6 not 4)
    I recently bought the stage...

I don't really like house farms, I like to keep my springfield clean and closer as possible to some remarkable episodes. I have 9 blue houses around anyway...

Is there another way to go?

I agree about the house farm. There are only 2 ways to go.

1) utilize the shorter tasks when you can. If you can log in every hour, using those will help a lot. Try to make a realistic schedule and try to assign tasks close to their completion. Longer they are finished and not assigned, the less money you can generate.

2) acquire more premiums. Typically, characters>buildings>decor. Characters get tasks, and earn much more than buildings. The decor is stuff like the springfield sign, greenery, etc. This gives you a bonus %. You will make additional cash from buildings (&tasks?) by just tapping on them. 1% will give you an extra buck per $100.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • adnan-turk-e17
    36 posts
    edited May 2013
    I've had this game since day 1 and I got 3 Million saved up and all premiums. I have never farmed, so it is possible
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    Well to start off without any bonus i earn around $20000 every 8 hours, with my 250% bonus i make $50000
    So i earn $150,000 a day
    $1.15 million a week
    Without a house farm!

And i never sent any character on tasks anymore unless the have a fun animation.

Well... I see how much you make, but my question from the beginning was: How? ;)

How do you have 250% bonus? oO

• DukeEsqIII
    78 posts
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing since about the beginning and have always scrimped my money. For awhile on my days off I would do one hours tasks religiously and had a decent sized house farm from Christmas that I just shoved into a corner and kept collecting on (about four squares worth of blue. I also have every premium character and multiples of lots of the high end decorations. I'm not 100% sure on my multiplier but I just checked and I get $39 from my Krusty Burger that's supposed to pay out $15.

Edit: 260%?
  • kateslexis
    61 posts
    edited May 2013
    Why people waste their time with the brown houses is confusing to me. Sitting around collecting chump change every five minutes. Though the brown houses do look like barracks, so that helps with you want a military theme.
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited May 2013
    So i earn $150,000 a day
    $1.15 million a week
    Without a house farm!

Well... I see how much you make, but my question from the beginning was: How? ;)

How do you have 250% bonus? oO

Alot of premiums and donuts, and i mean ALOT.
    btw some people have higher a bonus percentage
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I searched for a house farming guide for ya...
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9365727.page#27640061
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!