EA Forums - Banner

Huge star rating drop ridiculous.

relax. u will never maintain a 5 star rating. thats how the game is.

Replies

• kr_st_f293
    13 posts
    edited May 2013
    It should be alright when squidport lands, as it will bring several shops and restaurants.
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    kr_st_f293 wrote:
    It should be alright when squidport lands, as it will bring several shops and restaurants.

Boom! :thumbup:
  • gianmaicol
    20 posts
    edited May 2013
    kr_st_f293 wrote:

what? when?
  • MichaelJ83
    12 posts
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, the housing and restaurant related star drops are ridiculous, however, the Squidport update will most definitely even things out.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    This happens to me after every update. Then it just magically goes back up on it's own. I don't do a thing different. It is possible to maintain a 5-star rating. I usually have one except for the day or so following an update.

Also, the star rating doesn't make all that big of a difference in your town. I wouldn't even worry about it and instead try to focus on other ways of increasing your bonus (if that is what you are after), like premium items.
  • Cyclops7747
    45 posts
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, happens to me too. I'm not gonna complain, because I love these updates. But I also hate how my righteousness randomly drops to 1 star like every week too.
  • tookrazzy
    4 posts
    edited June 2013
    To get rightousness rating back, send Legs, Louie, Snake, and Wiggum on 24 hour missions. Always works for me.
  • jeffr18
    5 posts
    edited June 2013
    The 5-star requirement for most of the categories goes up with each level that you reach. Since new updates often include new levels, that is why the stars tend to drop with the update. To get back to 5 stars, you have to place new buildings and items for the necessary categories. There was a thread (which I can't find right now) that provided exact numbers for how each category is calculated for each level.

Righteousness tends to behave more erratically and I don't know if anyway has come up with the exact formula for how that is calculated.

• Cotvan_tikal
    128 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't see what the big deal is with the rating scheme. It really has no bearing on game play. Easy and best to ignore.
  • ffcchan
    86 posts
    edited June 2013
    the rating gives a helpful boost to the bonus % especially for those without premium items. My star rating dropped a whole star rating overall since the update.. not good but then as mentioned already updates are nice. There are new shops except that they're rather expensive at level 30..
  • woelfli304
    109 posts
    edited June 2013
    kr_st_f293 wrote:

I guess that they originally have planned squidport for lvl 30. Somehow they didn't finish all the needed work so they put in Herman and postponed squidport. So my guess is they haven't changed the star rating requirements for level 30. With lvl 31, everything should go up again. Fingers crossed :)

PS: After I have built Herman's store and the pizza place, I have gotten a half star back twice. :)
  • woelfli304
    109 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't see what the big deal is with the rating scheme. It really has no bearing on game play. Easy and best to ignore.

Well, you'll end up with more cash and xp, so it does affect game play a little bit. But you're right - it's not such big a deal.
  • Falo Xirb
    3 posts
    edited June 2013
    Yeah so I just bought the community centre, donuts used are gone, and all of a sudden it doesn't exist anymore and I have to buy it again. I spent over 100 euros on this game and I'm sick of this stuff (to put it lightly). Didn't get the gill update because it blocked the whole game, I can't get it back anymore, and see all my friends using stuff I can't get to anymore. I'm an android (S3) user, live in Holland, and recommend you not to get this game. Probably the glitchyest I've ever seen. Shame on the team behind this, seeing as they probably have a huge budget for this. Laziness galore, and I'm not getting my stuff back. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • akruegr
    17 posts
    edited June 2013
    Well * squitport as I will need to buy land and stuff all over again! How much money is there to spend if they randomly tweak the settings. Is this getting somewhere or ist it just for consuming donuts? As usual by far more than you get. (highest amount is 3 Donuts upon finishing one level).
    I am starting to loose fun.
  • Kindlarry
    26 posts
    edited June 2013
    How about obedience rating? Always had a 4 until somewhere in whacking day it went to 5 for a couple weeks then back to 4. Now it's at 3.5. And idea how to boost it? I know it doesn't matter but it bugs me seeing that half a star
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.