EA Forums - Banner

Important TSTO Update – May 8, 2018

Prev134
Aeternus_EA
232 posts Community Manager
We’re adding a more secure registration system on May 8, which will log you out of your game. Just log back in to return to Springfield.

If you’re playing anonymously, meaning you haven’t linked to an account to back up your game saves, you won’t get logged out.

Haven’t linked your accounts yet? Learn about the benefits to linking to an account to save your game:
https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/can-my-lost-progress-be-restored-for-a-mobile-app-if-i-play-anonymously

Find out how to log into your EA Account with your game:
https://help.ea.com/help/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out/save-your-game-progess-in-the-simpsons-tapped-out-tsto/

Forgot your password? See how to reset it:
https://help.ea.com/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password

Replies

• LPNintendoITA
    11058 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    hi, does it require an ingame/store update?

also there seems to be a 2-step authentication with Google authenticator. people. start using that to protect your accounts!
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/
  • I hope this also fixes the roll back glitch. Could not get fit Tony because I got the roll back glitch towards the end of the event.
  • daved7637397
    6794 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Amygar99 wrote: »
    I hope this also fixes the roll back glitch. Could not get fit Tony because I got the roll back glitch towards the end of the event.

If this had anything to do with that I doubt they would be waiting 2 more days. I also think they would be announcimg thats what it was. I think this is something for origin account security
    Post edited by daved7637397 on
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Fix the comic book guy glitch! This is ridiculous!
  • simpsonare
    1853 posts Member
    Looking forward to our next update :heart:
    XsbfgR1.jpg
    There is a God and His name is the Devil.
  • fastshadow2
    5183 posts Member
    hope it goes well tomorrow, do we know what time this will happen?
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • fastshadow2
    5183 posts Member
    just got a notice from apple 11.3.1 about security update for ios
  • daved7637397
    6794 posts Member
    just got a notice from apple 11.3.1 about security update for ios

Did it say when it was supposed to happen?

Does anyone have any idea?
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • pepsimax1984
    2695 posts Member
    @fastshadow2 iOS11.3.1 has nothing to do with the game.
  • Rich0913
    1623 posts Member
    What time?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11058 posts Member
    seems more probable tomorrow with the takedown store update introducing the new method. seems weird it's on-the-go today
  • Guess they wanted to do both at the same time.
  • fastshadow2
    5183 posts Member
    i know, i was just pointing it out but thanks

• pepsimax1984
    2695 posts Member
    Oh sorry my bad

• fastshadow2
    5183 posts Member
    Oh sorry my bad
    no big deal, you didn’t do a bad! sorry if my response conveyed that. just wanted people to know the (ios) update was out and that it had to do with their security update also :)
    i try to check my app updates daily because i don’t get notice alerts for days after releases sometimes :|

• SandraShill
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, it's one minute after midnight, Eastern Time, and I never did get logged out of the game today (and, yes, I did play with a registered account). Did anyone else? Or is it supposed to happen by the end of May 8 in some other time zone?
  • simpsonare
    1853 posts Member
    Well, it's one minute after midnight, Eastern Time, and I never did get logged out of the game today (and, yes, I did play with a registered account). Did anyone else? Or is it supposed to happen by the end of May 8 in some other time zone?

Probably going to happen between 3 and 10. Possibly with the take-down. I was just on also and I was not logged out.
    XsbfgR1.jpg
    There is a God and His name is the Devil.
  • calumcase288
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’ve still not had this ‘log out’ update. Anyone else still waiting for the fix...?

Does it fix Comic book guy?
  • datasurgeon
    1865 posts Member
    I’ve still not had this ‘log out’ update. Anyone else still waiting for the fix...?

Does it fix Comic book guy?

Unlikely it will fix anything. But maybe the password bug which prevents some people from logging back in or even being able to reset their password.

More likely just an upgrade to security.
  • No update on my game, from what I can tell.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!