EA Forums - Banner

Where did my neighbor requests go?!?

As of about a week ago, I had over 60 pending friend/neighbor requests (people waiting to become my neighbor), which, as space permitted, I would accept people from. Today, I noticed that I now have only TWO pending requests, so what happened to all of the others??? I doubt 60+ people all decided to rescind their requests within the past few days!

The only theory I have is that the slate got wiped clean when they changed the login protocols and we all had to re-login to the game, but even that doesn’t make much sense. If I had lost maybe half of those requests, I’d figure that during the login thing maybe EA used that in some way to cull out accounts that hadn’t been used in a long time, but that would be more likely if I had seen my “waiting list” cut down by, say, half or something. But to lose around 96% of my pending friend requests makes this theory seem unlikely....

Anyone have an idea what’s going on and/or experience the same thing? Fortunately, I don’t seem to have lost any of my actual, wonderful neighbors, but I still don’t like losing all of those requests...

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    As of about a week ago, I had over 60 pending friend/neighbor requests (people waiting to become my neighbor), which, as space permitted, I would accept people from. Today, I noticed that I now have only TWO pending requests, so what happened to all of the others??? I doubt 60+ people all decided to rescind their requests within the past few days!

The only theory I have is that the slate got wiped clean when they changed the login protocols and we all had to re-login to the game, but even that doesn’t make much sense. If I had lost maybe half of those requests, I’d figure that during the login thing maybe EA used that in some way to cull out accounts that hadn’t been used in a long time, but that would be more likely if I had seen my “waiting list” cut down by, say, half or something. But to lose around 96% of my pending friend requests makes this theory seem unlikely....

Anyone have an idea what’s going on and/or experience the same thing? Fortunately, I don’t seem to have lost any of my actual, wonderful neighbors, but I still don’t like losing all of those requests...

You might want to recheck later. I recall older posts in which users reported similar observations only to find that previously-made requests which had mysteriously disappeared just as mysteriously reappeared hours or days later.
  • Hi Sandra. :smile:
    Sometimes issues with Friends/Neighbours can be resolved by logging out & then back into your Origin account. Have you tried that?
    She dreams in color. She dreams in red.
  • Count yourself lucky Sandra
    Today all my neighbours disappeared
  • Castiel19x
    3778 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Count yourself lucky Sandra

Next it will be your town. >:) >:)
    Post edited by Castiel19x on
    Nuking is always the answer
  • You missed out the menacing laugh
  • my neighbors disappeared last night. I exited, restarted my phone, and when I went back into the game they were back.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Yh they're back again now
    Now I'm free to ignore it till the next event
  • Yh they're back again now
    Now I'm free to ignore it till the next event

:D :D
  • Hi Sandra. :smile:
    Sometimes issues with Friends/Neighbours can be resolved by logging out & then back into your Origin account. Have you tried that?

Not yet, but I'll give that a try later. Thanks! :)

• Count yourself lucky Sandra

That's odd....from my end you're still in my neighborhood!
  • Oops - I responded to you, Mikey, before I finished reading the whole thread. Glad you're all sorted!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Count yourself lucky Sandra

That's odd....from my end you're still in my neighborhood!

In all (or almost all?) of the instances where this occurs, the neighbors aren’t actually deleted. The affected user just can’t “see” them.

We seem to be experiencing a sudden increase in this problem. It happened to me this earlier this morning. I closed and reopened the game and my neighbors reappeared.

• Bit of a shock to find everyone has abandoned me
    S96RP4a.png
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I wonder if this latest instantiation of the neighbor problem is somehow related to the more general problem we have seen with server connectivity.
  • daved7637397
    7213 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Bit of a shock to find everyone has abandoned me
    S96RP4a.png

Did they come back eventually?
  • frosted1414
    1916 posts Member
    Bit of a shock to find everyone has abandoned me
    S96RP4a.png

That screenshot was from yesterday and yes they did come back via a logout and log back in. Today I just can't login :bawling:
  • Bit of a shock to find everyone has abandoned me
    S96RP4a.png

That screenshot was from yesterday and yes they did come back via a logout and log back in. Today I just can't login :bawling:

Sorry to hear you cant get in. Ive been getting kicked out on and off all day.

Glad the neighbors came back though. Same thing happened to me, and I also fixed it the same way.