EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #19: ITCHY & SCRATCHY LAND: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT III

Prev13
AOFIGO009
1306 posts Member
edited June 2018
Hello all, and welcome to another Event! I'm calling it, these Events are definitely coming along faster these days, we're nearly at 20 events since I've been doing these threads! I don't know about you, but I'm disappointed to lose the separate KrustyLand Area, I always saw massive potential with it, and our Springfields are full of stuff already, where is it all going to go?!

Anyway, as usual, this is the place to go to post your hints, tricks and tips, and as usual the best will make the front page, although coinciding with Events coming for frequently, Events are less strenuous these days, which is good, as we all have busy lives!

Good luck, and happy tapping!

Important Notes
Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Muhsterino has provided a thread showing you how to check this. It's the first part hidden by "Spoiler": https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1?new=1
This is also a brilliant thread anyway that Muhsterino has alerted me to for this message, that I think can be equally useful for long-term players as well as the new players it's "marketed" to.
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
Post edited by AOFIGO009 on

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Event Calendar
    xmc1HZl.png
    Act III
    27th June-Act III Starts
    28th June-4,529
    29th June-9,058
    30th June-13,587
    1st July-18,116
    2nd July-22,645
    3rd July-27,174
    4th July-31,703
    5th July-36,232
    6th July-40,761
    7th July-45,290
    8th July-49,819
    9th-54,348
    10th-58,877
    11th July-63,406
    12th July-Event Ends
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Information Incoming...
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Front Page updated, looking for any hints and tips you can provide. :smiley:
  • Surfcitygal
    1159 posts Member
    Unfortunately for this thread the biggest strategic move occurs as soon as one updates to this event: buy all the Krustyland land you can before you nuke it!
  • Now that the auto-nuke switched over my Krustyland items, is there a strategy on how to place the Itchy & Scratchy gate? I can’t find what people mentioned before.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Yeah, there’s not much to the events nowadays. This thread may be becoming obsolete.
    DOHbeeWan wrote: »
    Now that the auto-nuke switched over my Krustyland items, is there a strategy on how to place the Itchy & Scratchy gate? I can’t find what people mentioned before.

To look nice, or for the event?
  • glennsoe
    169 posts Member
    Can I save the foam knives for the NeXT act or do I have to/should use them before act 2 starts?
  • act currency always expire next act
  • glennsoe wrote: »
    Can I save the foam knives for the NeXT act or do I have to/should use them before act 2 starts?
    As LP stated foam knives are act 1 event currency and used on the prize track. They are summing up until act 2 starts, when they expire. The foam knives are only good for the prizes and if you are fast for some bonut rounds after you have got the last prize.
    Looking at the crafting currency (I&S Money) you can save it for the next act, so that you can buy (craft) more act 2 items.

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    glennsoe wrote: »

As has been said, the Foam Knives are collected, not used, to unlock prizes on the Prize Track. As such, you have until the end of Act I to collect as many Foam Knives as you can. The crafting currency, however, can be collected and used for the duration of the entire event, Act I, II and III.
  • gbh4
    27 posts Member
    I’m normally on target with these but am behind according to the schedule above, am I doing something wrong or missing something?

I’m sending them to do the jobs as often as I can, tapping all the visitors and doing same in friends towns, but still behind.

Have they made this event doable for premium players only?
  • Are you collecting your daily challenges?
  • Keeping with the regular ridiculous complaints, I wasted 1200 I&S money crafting 2 extra short tracks before coming here and seeing that I could have stashed it for act 2. The obvious way for EA to rectify MY error would be for them to give me back the 1200 I&S money and compensated me 1200 donuts for MY stupidity. This is the only acceptable solution as I am not capable of accepting any blame whatsoever or taking responsibility for my rush to craft! :pB)
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • gbh4
    27 posts Member
    Are you collecting your daily challenges?

Yes every one. I’m now only likely to get the last but one item tomorrow, then no chance of getting Diane before the time is up.
  • @gbh4 Have you increased your bonus area to 20%? That can make a lot of difference.
  • Keeping with the regular ridiculous complaints, I wasted 1200 I&S money crafting 2 extra short tracks before coming here and seeing that I could have stashed it for act 2. The obvious way for EA to rectify MY error would be for them to give me back the 1200 I&S money and compensated me 1200 donuts for MY stupidity. This is the only acceptable solution as I am not capable of accepting any blame whatsoever or taking responsibility for my rush to craft! :pB)

They are still useful. I'd bet you have a few parking lots upping your %? So just move those to the log ride when it comes and max out your 500 with as much track as you have.
  • gbh4 wrote: »
    I’m normally on target with these but am behind according to the schedule above, am I doing something wrong or missing something?

I’m sending them to do the jobs as often as I can, tapping all the visitors and doing same in friends towns, but still behind.

Have they made this event doable for premium players only?

iirc, one needed about 3800 knives per day to stay on track. Doing the daily challenge of 1500 brings that down to 2300/day. How many times per day do you send your event characters on their event tasks? And how much do you get each round of that?
  • On the original subject of this thread, namely strategy for maximizing income...

I have just purchased Ms Mouse and the 2nd quest in her story line involves an 8hr task which pays out 120 foam knives along with a 12hr task for Mayor Quimby.
    If you do NOT complete the Quimby task, then Ms Mouse's 8hr task can be done repeatedly giving you a better alternative for overnight missions than just sticking everyone on 4hr "Staff Rides" at the gate for 72 foam knives each.

Not a huge difference, I know, but an extra 48 Foam knives every night for free might just get that last prize or extra Donut spin for somebody.
  • I've completed the Quimby task and on part 4 of ms mouse's quest and her 8hr task is still there. Jeremy, Diane and I think itchy also have 8hr tasks for 120 knives but I don't fancy completing their quests just in case they disappear... I've also noticed that tapping on park visitors is only paying out 5 knives per visitor. This is only my 4th main event but if my memory serves me right, in the last 3 it was 10 per tap but slower spawn rate. Possibly swings and roundabouts? Maybe a more experienced player than me could shed more light :)
  • What is the max % the the I&S land Gate can be raised to in Act 2?