EA Forums - Banner

Petition - everyone should be given 200 land tokens

Prev1
Johnny2bd
679 posts Member
I'm mostly ok with Krustyland being moved into SF, but I can't say I'm overly pleased with how EA is continuing to handle the land tokens.

If I'd been given any warning or clue our future land expansions would be tied into Krustyland, I would have been grinding tickets for weeks (with all the down time I've had with the extra long events). I was even willing to put off the event for awhile to grind out tickets, but was given no option to expand in KL or earn new tickets once I'd updated.

I only ended up with 50 tokens, which is pretty much what I was using for everything in Krustyland, and having those 50 new slots barely gives me room for what I'm forced to incorporate into SF now, and no room anything new being added throughout the event OR for everything from the past three events that are just in a huge clump at the bottom of my Springfield or for everything I've been forced to put into storage because I'm out of space.

Big points for opening up so many new plots - but really, it does me absolutely no good to have a hundred new plots if there is no way for me to buy them or access them.

TLDR version - if you're going to give us land, give us land! Don't just give us the illusion of expanding without being able to open up the plots.

Replies

• Castiel19x
    4217 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Get rid of land tokens and let us pay with in game cash as thats so much easier then having to wait a couple of months to get the next few tokens or have the option to pay for land tokens with donuts.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • The tokens you were given were by design. Everyone got a one-to-one exchange for all the land squares they had unlocked in KL to ensure the player would have enough room to recreate their KL in Springfield if they wish to do so. That aspect seems pretty darn fair to me.

On the other hand, Tapped Out is still being way too stingy about the ability of a player to acquire new land with tokens in general. That part hasn't changed any.
  • 21JAW12
    31 posts Member
    Totally agree, I would of also liked to have been given the choice as to where the free land was going, as I have a designed Springfield. Where the game placed the Grand opening entrance screwed it up. I was only given 20 land tokens whereas it seems other people got 90-150. Springfield and Krusty/Itchy-Scratchy Land should have been kept separate IMO. I wonder why the real reason was for combining them?
  • ramrod130
    507 posts Member
    jw2190 wrote: »
    Totally agree, I would of also liked to have been given the choice as to where the free land was going, as I have a designed Springfield. Where the game placed the Grand opening entrance screwed it up. I was only given 20 land tokens whereas it seems other people got 90-150. Springfield and Krusty/Itchy-Scratchy Land should have been kept separate IMO. I wonder why the real reason was for combining them?

Probably the size of KL that wasnt being used much would be better served in SF. Gives people the option to use the KL items or not while freeing up more land and upping the item count by 600. Seems like a good trade off.
  • Given the number of threads on this and the number of people who would have maxed out their land before nuking if they had known, a reasonable remedy would be to make land tokens purchasable with KL tickets -- even if it's only a limited number of them.
  • whoamercy wrote: »
    Given the number of threads on this and the number of people who would have maxed out their land before nuking if they had known, a reasonable remedy would be to make land tokens purchasable with KL tickets -- even if it's only a limited number of them.

I agree with you. That seems like a reasonable solution - a capped number of tokens can be purchased with KL tickets throughout the current event.
  • johncolombo
    11349 posts Senior Moderator
    whoamercy wrote: »
    Given the number of threads on this and the number of people who would have maxed out their land before nuking if they had known, a reasonable remedy would be to make land tokens purchasable with KL tickets -- even if it's only a limited number of them.

well, to be fair most of us had 5 years to finish buying all the land. I even had all the KL land in my crawl town which is only 1 year 5 months old. I guess for newer players this was not good.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • The tokens you were given were by design. Everyone got a one-to-one exchange for all the land squares they had unlocked in KL to ensure the player would have enough room to recreate their KL in Springfield if they wish to do so. That aspect seems pretty darn fair to me.

On the other hand, Tapped Out is still being way too stingy about the ability of a player to acquire new land with tokens in general. That part hasn't changed any.

EA is not being stingy. It's strategic. By not giving you enough tokens to unlock all the land, you will keep playing, because you will have something to play for, in the hopes that you will use real world currency to buy virtual donuts along the way. Several columns were added, but you only get 100 from krustyland being nuked, and you will only get around 6 tokens from each event, which means you will stick around for another 2 years, at least. Each active player is a potential revenue source. When you unlock all the land, EA will just create more land, and the cycle continues.

EA is not being stingy. It's strategic. By not giving you enough tokens to unlock all the land, you will keep playing, because you will have something to play for, in the hopes that you will use real world currency to buy virtual donuts along the way. Several columns were added, but you only get 100 from krustyland being nuked, and you will only get around 6 tokens from each event, which means you will stick around for another 2 years, at least. Each active player is a potential revenue source. When you unlock all the land, EA will just create more land, and the cycle continues.

You can be strategically stingy. ;)
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018

well, to be fair most of us had 5 years to finish buying all the land. I even had all the KL land in my crawl town which is only 1 year 5 months old. I guess for newer players this was not good.
    i had to use 800 donuts to get the rest of KL land in my crawl, figured there was no reason to get more land until this event :D wow, it has been that long?! doesn’t seem that long ago since starting those towns :o
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • johncolombo

i had to use 800 donuts to get the rest of KL land in my crawl, figured there was no reason to get more land until this event :D wow, it has been that long?! doesn’t seem that long ago :o

July 2013 so close enough. :D
  • johncolombo
    coincidently when we were playing crawl to the finish part of our rules to win were you had to nuke your KL. We did this one year ago and if we were doing it this year it would have worked as well (and been an awesome surprise since we had planned it anyway), check out the date, it's pretty close. We were one year early on the great KL nuke.
    8sclyiaub1fq.jpg
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018

i had to use 800 donuts to get the rest of KL land in my crawl, figured there was no reason to get more land until this event :D wow, it has been that long?! doesn’t seem that long ago :o

July 2013 so close enough. :D
    the time is right, remember joining on Friday the 13th :D not sure what month, November? 2016
    didn’t nuke, just abandoned at the end once @Muhsterino mopped the floor with us :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • They should make the land buyable with in game cash, as of now you can't buy anything but small stuff like trees with in game cash, land was the one thing I liked buying with in game cash as of now I have $290656472 for in game cash, that's enough to buy all land on the side.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    zim999777 wrote: »
    They should make the land buyable with in game cash, as of now you can't buy anything but small stuff like trees with in game cash, land was the one thing I liked buying with in game cash as of now I have $290656472 for in game cash, that's enough to buy all land on the side.

It’s pretty clear this is not going to happen.

• oubouncer
    519 posts Member

This!
  • ZennGlenn
    1721 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    SDq1Igx.jpg
    :p Well, EA certainly never fails to find new ways to create funky, frustrating challenges :p ...
  • torsonle
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Same here. I had over 200k krustylandtickets collected and a smaller size but well designed Krustyland with all items. After the convertion there is allmost not enough space to place the new items for itchy and scratchyland. It will take years until Im able to grind enough landtokens to put the krustyland stuff out of the inventory. Im playing this game for 5 years and Im very close to quit. Everyone should get the same amount of tokens for the convertion. I should be able to play this game without reading the forum about the latest tricks not to miss any new features. Im still wating for Duffland that disapeared magically from the menue. Except the new buildings the events are almost the same with lame conversations und actions.

Edit: I visited the forum only to figureout which buildings and characters produing eventcurrency. But have to foundout what I missed. :/
    Post edited by torsonle on
  • torsonle wrote: »
    Same here. I had over 200k krustylandtickets collected and a smaller size but well designed Krustyland with all items. After the convertion there is allmost not enough space to place the new items for itchy and scratchyland. It will take years until Im able to grind enough landtokens to put the krustyland stuff out of the inventory. Im playing this game for 5 years and Im very close to quit. Everyone should get the same amount of tokens for the convertion. I should be able to play this game without reading the forum about the latest tricks not to miss any new features. Im still wating for Duffland that disapeared magically from the menue. Except the new buildings the events are almost the same with lame conversations und actions.

Edit: I visited the forum only to figureout which buildings and characters produing eventcurrency. But have to foundout what I missed. :/

I agree with you there. They took away Krusty Land and they should have just compensated everyone for the missed land whether it was all claimed or not. I was lucky that I had all the land, but many weren't.

• I freaked out and sold my bank of tickets to the exchange, I had over 800,000 tickets. Been using it like a bank. If I had known about the land deal I would have bought more kl land and not sold them for cash. I am NOT a happy camper lol