EA Forums - Banner

Itchy & Scratchy Land - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Coincidence?

Do you think it's a coincidence that the Summer event is Itchy & Scratchy Land, a parody of Jurassic Park, with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom being a major Summer release?

Maybe we'll get a Simpsonified Jeff Goldblum at some point to add to our Springfields?

Replies

• Yes it's a coincidence, No we will not. I&S Land, Krustyland and Diz-nee-land are parodies of Disneyland, nothing more.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • Yes.
  • simpsonare
    2142 posts Member
    i3E78BX.gif
    Kind of a meaningless thread. And no... I doubt simpsons tried to parody Jurassic park. What exactly does this have anything to do with Jurassic park? Maybe you can make a parallel but in reality no relation. Congrats for your thread.
  • simpsonare
    2142 posts Member
    My brothers taking a dump and I farted. Is there a connection?! Lol
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    i3E78BX.gif
    Kind of a meaningless thread. And no... I doubt simpsons tried to parody Jurassic park. What exactly does this have anything to do with Jurassic park? Maybe you can make a parallel but in reality no relation. Congrats for your thread.

itchyandscratchyland4.png

fa4ae91593_102817464_o2.png

screen-shot-2011-11-03-at-1-15-00-pm.png

Jurassic-World-Trailer-Still-15-700x352.jpg?resize=700%2C352&zoom=2

https://deadhomersociety.com/2011/01/29/quote-of-the-day-676/

Itchy & Scratchy Land is a clear parody of Jurassic Park.

• shabu922
    162 posts Member
    I disagree.

One is a stupid parody, entirely devoid of meaningful content, a pathetic rehashing of something done better previously, and clearly just an attempt to grab as much cash as possible from the consumer.

The other is an Ipad game I've been playing for six years.

One question: If the helicopter is the main evidence, wouldn't any movie or game that used a helicopter also be in the same boat? It's not like there's a lot of room to play with the design and art on a helicopter to make it unique.
  • Illuminati confirmed.
  • OhHappyJays
    1593 posts Member
    If we get a Simpsonized JG, maybe they could give us Troy McClure's agent...

hqdefault.jpg

(He was also apart of the Director's Commentary on the episode.)
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2319 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh,
    dino rampage = robo parade chaos. Teranosaur saving the day = Flash Photograpy conveniently saving the day.
    The two parks' entrance gates are visually similar. And both feature comic relief control room guys.

Log Ride = Death (it highlights the inadvisedness of certain death being incorporated into theme parks, such as raptor-pet attractions or robotic doom legions.)

Homer is fat. Wayne Knight is fat.

The similarities go on. Grampa immediately forgot to feed the pets as soon as the family left for Itchyland; the old man in Jurassic Park similarly forgot that the dinosaurs would need to be fed lots of people almost immediately to maintain their weight.

Marge is Laura Dern. (Sp?) She doesn't entirely approve of what's going on on the island, but is trapped into negotiating the situation for the good of the people and the dinos.

the itchy & scratchy mascots are well intentioned fools who fail to enthuse Bart and Lisa (it was foolish to try). These wrongly park- loyal mascots who only suffer abuse are stand- ins for the well intentioned fools Jurassic Park hired to control and train dinosaurs with little success.

Lisa is the opinionated black daughter of Jeff Goldblum.
  • shabu922 wrote: »
    One question: If the helicopter is the main evidence, wouldn't any movie or game that used a helicopter also be in the same boat? It's not like there's a lot of room to play with the design and art on a helicopter to make it unique.

Look at the logo on the helicopter. It directly mirrors the Jurassic Park logo:

scratchylogo_zpsqlnrqmf2.jpg

8.png
  • It is on the wiki as trivia for this episode:
    Several scenes, such as the helicopter ride as well as the logo visible on the side of the helicopter are based on the Crichton book and ensuing film Jurassic Park. Frink explaining that "elemental chaos theory" will lead to the robots turning evil is what Ian Malcolm says in the film about the dinosaurs.
    And it is also in the Simpsons World Guide for this episode.