EA Forums - Banner

Game of Thrones *Spoiler Alert* thanks to * inthekitchen

Replies

• Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited June 2013
    I believe that was the first episode to date that had complete silence during the credits roll....
  • Nonoddie
    229 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I believe that was the first episode to date that had complete silence during the credits roll....

I was wondering about that! A moment of silence perhaps?
  • jbondra
    204 posts
    edited June 2013
    My wife has read all the books, so she knew what was going to happen tonight. I was pretty surprised though. I'm upset that there's only 1 more episode left.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited June 2013
    After Season 1 I read all the books, kind of miss being surprised by what happens on the show.
  • inthekitchen
    96 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm still in shock mood over episode 9..... I refuse to believe it.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Aaa ah must refrain from googling what happens. You guys have got me nervous now. Guess i'll find out later.
    Such a good show * and dragons what more do you need :mrgreen:
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited June 2013
    Ya thats some crazy sh* going on in that there episode.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited June 2013
    Haven't actually caught up with any episodes yet myself. I've heard that its basically medieval soft core ;)

So that has awakened my curiosity..
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Haven't actually caught up with any episodes yet myself. I've heard that its basically medieval soft core ;)

So, that's what it takes? :lol: It has dragons and stuff, too! :D
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited June 2013
    Wow, that was unbelievable, just watched it on demand and now I don't feel like going to work!
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited June 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

So, that's what it takes? :lol: It has dragons and stuff, too! :D

Dragon soft core? :shock:

Lol just kidding. Just about every customer I serve recommends it. That many people can't be wrong.
  • evilashhhh96
    87 posts
    edited June 2013
    By the old gods and the new, what the funk.....the wife and I just watched it tonight, traumatic to say the least, im waiting patiently for something like this to happen to a certain lion themed family
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited June 2013

I thought for sure we'd hear The Rains of Castamere.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited June 2013
    Nonoddie wrote:
    I've only started the second book. I heard season 3 splits the third book in half. Wonder what the finale holds?

Tonight's eppy is going to be hard to top.

I believe season 3 gives you two thirds of book 3.

Now, I am really curious about how they are going to work out season 4 on the television. So far they could just follow the books, and try to find events and stuff they didn't really need, to manage to get the books down to a season. But from the next season they are going to intertwine book 4 and 5, including the rest of book 3. The reason is... we could say Martin struggled a bit with the chronology, as he experimented a bit with it. Personally I don't think it was a succesful experiment, but he could get away with doing so, since it is books. Now on the tv-show they would really need to try to make all events occur correct chronologically. The screen writers are going to have alot more to do now ;)

My guess would be that they save the ending of book 3 for episode 9 or 10 in season four... and they will use alot of the beginning of book 4, and some of the beginning of book 5, in the meanwhile... Seems like they definitely needs to make more seasons than books to make this work out, which would suit Martin I guess. Given he isn't writing this series as fast as the tv-producers adapt it to screen. Since he is going to have two (or three) more books, before he concludes this series (his own words), I think he might feel the pressure a bit...

Unless he is just going to let the tv-show conclude this before the books, which would seem odd...
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Apparently Martin has already told the producers how the books are going to end in case the tv show passes the books or in the event he dies before he can finish writing the series.

I agree though, its going to be difficult for the writers to merge everything that happens in books 4 and 5 into one cohesive TV storyline.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited June 2013
    Apparently Martin has already told the producers how the books are going to end in case the tv show passes the books or in the event he dies before he can finish writing the series.

I actually did not know that... So it seems like perhaps book 6 will come out before the tv-show catches up, but the final book (unless he needs that extra eight book, as he has once told might happen) will probably be on television before we may read it in bookform... Now that will be a downer given that viewers not reading books are often the worst spoilers...

And personally I don't really like knowing what will happen when I am going to read a book, since that takes me days. Hm, I guess I will have to see the show first, so it won't be spoiled, and then read it... I don't like that thought one bit...
  • edited June 2013
    Great series have read them all can not wait for next one, suspect it may break the tsto bug I have got. Jim butchers cold days had that effect was a shame it only took couple of days room read.
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I actually did not know that... So it seems like perhaps book 6 will come out before the tv-show catches up, but the final book (unless he needs that extra eight book, as he has once told might happen) will probably be on television before we may read it in bookform... Now that will be a downer given that viewers not reading books are often the worst spoilers...

And personally I don't really like knowing what will happen when I am going to read a book, since that takes me days. Hm, I guess I will have to see the show first, so it won't be spoiled, and then read it... I don't like that thought one bit...

I really hope the books come out before the tv show catches up because I would rather read the books first as well. However, I would still watch the show. :lol:
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited June 2013
    Love the books and love the show, although I think 10 hour-long episodes aren't enough to advance everyone's story.

A growing distraction for me is the ageing of the child actor playing Bran. He already looks and sounds like a 15 year-old, and his character isn't projected to age much between now and the end of the 5th book; at least two years away in TV production time. By that time, Hodor could be carrying around a deep-voiced, 6-foot 'little lord.' :-)
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited June 2013

By the way in respond to this, they have way more adultscenes in the tv-series than I remember from the books... I guess HBO wanted their own twist on this, probably to ascertain they would have alot of viewers in the beginning ;) As we all know, nudity sells...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.