EA Forums - Banner

Debate--bring back limited time items

14567810Next

Replies

• TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited June 2013
    antpants7 wrote:
    Another chance to get the Swanky Fish would be good.

But Brown House/Duff Racer were episode tie-ins - they are not relevant anymore.
    The Swanky Fish was also a tie-in.

Everything in this game is tied in to some episode or another. Many of the decorations, buildings, and tasks are often things that were only in a small number of episodes, and in some cases (such as Hank Scoprio) only one.
  • Excruciator69
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I just noticed that several Whacking Day buildings (if not all of them) are available for purchase with donuts.

Oh the horror! Countless self-absorbed elitists who spent time whacking 24K snakes have had their game experience completely ruined! What's the point of playing if some guy who got the game yesterday can just BUY Springfield Colosseum? It's outrageous!

While we are on the subject...the Whacking Day buildings are a total rip-off and cost way too many donuts.

(You'll need a bucket and mop to clean up the sarcasm dripping from my post today.)
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    Get a room boys, and you can take your mutual admiration to a new level. :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:

I'm tempted to suggest the same to you and that dictionary you keep quoting from...incorrectly.

Sorry, had to do it. ;)

At least the dictionary understands the definition of "limited". :mrgreen:

Sorry, had to do it. :lol:
    I just noticed that several Whacking Day buildings (if not all of them) are available for purchase with donuts.

Oh the horror! Countless self-absorbed elitists who spent time whacking 24K snakes have had their game experience completely ruined! What's the point of playing if some guy who got the game yesterday can just BUY Springfield Colosseum? It's outrageous!

While we are on the subject...the Whacking Day buildings are a total rip-off and cost way too many donuts.

(You'll need a bucket and mop to clean up the sarcasm dripping from my post today.)

I hate to say this as it might drag on the debate even longer, but technically, this isn't correct. One could rush through the Whacking Day events and buy the buildings for donuts even during Whacking Day. So there was nothing elitist then or now.

In reality, I think EA isn't worried about old items (at least not yet). They just bombarded us with a ton of items, many of which require donuts to obtain. Maybe during a lull in the game, EA may return to these older items.

• Excruciator69
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:
    What's the point of playing if some guy who got the game yesterday can just BUY Springfield Colosseum? It's outrageous!

I hate to say this as it might drag on the debate even longer, but technically, this isn't correct. One could rush through the Whacking Day events and buy the buildings for donuts even during Whacking Day. So there was nothing elitist then or now.

What I said is correct. It's not about the whatever cost is incurred. (I do realize donuts could be spent back then to score the buildings) It's about them being made available again to those that were unable to participate in Whacking Day.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.