EA Forums - Banner

Debate--bring back limited time items

Replies

• NiHe105
    137 posts
    edited June 2013
    dcadamb wrote:
    There are a lot of threads with opinions on if EA should re-add limited time items. I think all of the opinions should be in one place.

What you do: list what side of the argument you are on and then you write your argument.

I'll go first:

I Don't want EA to re-add the items because I have been playing since the day of the rerelease of the app in August (I was waiting all summer) and have all of the limited time items that are free (the holidays and the episode/game tie ins) and I think because we have been playing longer we should get some bonus items.

+1 :thumbup:

Same here! I really don't want ea to re-add old limited stuff!!!
  • boykid999999
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree that it should be a reward for the long time players. Unless it is like in Fat Tony's case, where it would be dumb to just include Legs and Louie and not Fat Tony for everyone.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I think if limited items was once offer for free, I don't have a problem if EA charged donuts for it.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    I have everything in the game, so makes no difference to me, but it's a bit unfair to Android users. They didnt miss out on the items, they were never given a chance to get them. Why should they miss out on things because EA was late in releasing the game on their platform?

This!

I think that re-releasing the content is fine and I have all the premium items.

If someone can explain how a new player gaining access to limited content ruins the game experience for a player that already has that content I'd love to hear it.

Honestly, what difference does it make if people you probably don't know can get Kang or the Mapple Store in late 2013? Is your game experience based that much on feeling superior to other players that just got on board?

Couldn't agree more. Given I am a new player, so I would "benefit" (probably pay donuts for everything, so really loosing money) on it. But still, what is wrong with letting new players have the chance to get limited items? Android users didn't even get the chance of getting half of it so far...

I think many of you commenting in this thread is just being egoistic... You long time players ARE rewarded for playing alot. You have gotten alot of items for free, and you already have all the items (atleast the ones you want). If EA bring back items now, I reckon probably all of them would cost donuts, and if not, I guess those who already have the items in question receive a donut bonus instead. I wonder how that will ruin your gameexperience.

Are you, as Excruciator69 is saying, really in the need of feeling "better" than other players, based on having items we currently can't get, or never had the chance of getting in the first place?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • edited June 2013
    I think if there was a refund to customers that bought original item, maybe it would solve the earning credits aspect. Regardless of when you started, even if your time only amounted to a few months there would have been time to accumulate at least one or two. Even if you got a few credits per item it would alleviate frustrations on both sides.

Personally I like idea of applying some imagination to it, what about if you could 'loan' out the odd item. Means you might not be able to do a specific task for a week so what there's dozens of other ones.

Am thinking that they could, ok how about this?

Instead of the mono rail being a series of graphics on a screen, how about if it was ways in which groups of friends could transport game stuff to one another in. So you could have half a dozen barts ramp aging etc

There loads of stuff I cannot get like putalot and evil nedbut do not mind as there is loads of good stuff coming out any way.
  • MumblingReject
    104 posts
    edited June 2013
    Reward loyalty, keep old items as limited, premium, or bring then back during holidays for a sale on donuts.
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Holiday items, yeah, why not.
    Episode tie ins, no
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    The seasonal stuff should come back in the equilvent of whack boxes. So players would complete this years edition of the the event and could choose to complete last years. Additional for cash decorations last years and this years.

Again the Android issue. Particularly as since last year the market share of Android has beaten Apple in Australia at least (as an economy that is still still strong, with people that have disposable income money can be made from).

Too big a number that missed out on items that if were released people would spend money. If they bought back the cool brown house for donuts I would go and buy a boatload instantly.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited June 2013
    An item can be available once for a short time, then be available once more for a short time and still be considered "limited"
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    I actually do believe EA would let most of the limited items come back again for a limited time. After all, they are in this to make money, and new players is where most of the potential future income lies. The long term players have already bought alot, and will probably continue playing, given what they have already spent. So that's the biggest incentive for making new content.

Letting older limited items reappear is huge potential for making alot of money on the new players. I mean the items are already made, it's an easy task making them reappear for a new limited period, and reap the fruits from all the new players wanting them while they are available. Basic economics, make a demand for something, hold it off until you finally "produce" it once more, and reap the cash as those who have demanded it eagerly spend loads of money on it. Then take it away once more, and create a new demand. After all, that's why some items are limited in the first place...

And they DO reward long-term players, because you have gotten some of these items for free... I don't know why you would complain about them getting available once more, it's not like you loose anything else than the pride of having something others don't... Even if you got it for free, and another player have to pay for it. Of all the dumb things one can complain about, letting others have the chance to buy something you got for free, isn't actually worth it...
  • scarf_man516
    109 posts
    edited June 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    An item can be available once for a short time, then be available once more for a short time and still be considered "limited"
    ....like the ribwitch.
    I started midway through christmas, and would pony up some doughnuts for a few of the halloween items I missed out on.
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited June 2013
    Wow, the injustice and inhumanity of it all. Its just a game.
    If they really want it that badly, let them have their bottle. :)
  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Instead of the mono rail being a series of graphics on a screen, how about if it was ways in which groups of friends could transport game stuff to one another in. So you could have half a dozen hearts ramp aging ect.

I like this idea.
  • oracle019
    38 posts
    edited June 2013
    Android players should have every opportunity to obtain every item Apple players were able to. It's not the Android players' fault EA royally screwed them over (especially during the Valentine's promotion where they did not have access to Origin), so why should they be punished?
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited June 2013
    oracle019 wrote:
    Android players should have every opportunity to obtain every item Apple players were able to. It's not the Android players' fault EA royally screwed them over (especially during the Valentine's promotion where they did not have access to Origin), so why should they be punished?

Stick around until next Halloween, Xmas, and Valentines.....then you will likely get your chance to get those items (and maybe even other new ones)....I don't expect EA to all of the sudden release xmas trees in June......
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited June 2013
    oracle019 wrote:

Stick around until next Halloween, Xmas, and Valentines.....then you will likely get your chance to get those items (and maybe even other new ones)....I don't expect EA to all of the sudden release xmas trees in June......

:lol: :thumbup:
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited June 2013
    I have every item. Duff Racer, thanksgiving balloons, cool brown house, black hole, every single item.

I dont care remotely whether they get rereleased or not. Makes no difference to me. Some of them are really good buildings and everyone should have a chance to get one (CBH for example).
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    Too all the people NOT wanting limited premium items to get rereleased some time in the future (many of you did comment on the first side of this thread), consider this:

There are a lot of new players here. Many of which are ready to pay for alot of the items they have missed out on. If they do pay for those items, EA make even more money. If EA make more money, they will make more content. More content benefits all players, even you, AND have the added effect of prolong this games lifespan...

Still don't want new players to have the chance to get some of the older limited items?
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited June 2013
    I am biased because I don't have all of the limtied time stuff, in fact I'm missing a fair bit since I only started mid-Feb. But in reality EA would be stupid to not rerelease this content.

Like I said only been playing for a few months and already I've spent more money than (probably) a lot of the players who've been playing since day one. If EA were to rerelease that would mean I would spend more money.

It's not really fair to say that ONLY Android players should have a shot at the limited time content. I've been on iOS for as long as I can remember, but just never really played games on it until now, have played PS3 all of these years.

If I were aware of this game's existence back when it was first released I would've downloaded it straight away and I would have all of the limited content. Even so, that wouldn't change my opinion on the matter.

Edit: to emphasize the word stupid even more :)
  • david328ci
    86 posts
    edited June 2013
    I've been playing for about 3 weeks and would like a chance to get the limited items. Releases happen in many industries and I think it would be nice for them to happen in this game. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.