EA Forums - Banner

Debate--bring back limited time items

Replies

• linguo60
    271 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    For me it really doesn't change my fun in the game if others get limited items later.

But it's also human nature (and part of the addictive nature of the game) to collect stuff and want to feel special by having things not everyone has.
    I think this could easily be accommodated by making season-specific things (I.e. duff racer) and maybe some episode tie-ins (Moe's suit) truly limited and everything else can return in due time

So if you see a duff racer in someone's town you know that person played since season 24. Whatever they release for season 25 can then serve the same purpose.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited June 2013
    Lmao avatar ^^

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I am driving my automobile?
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    If they were going to re-release Episode Tie-ins, they had a PERFECT opportunity to do so in combination with the Season 24 Yard Sale. But they didn't.

• bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    If they were going to re-release Episode Tie-ins, they had a PERFECT opportunity to do so in combination with the Season 24 Yard Sale. But they didn't.

Well then do something about it Mr. Shifty eyes! :wink: (or is it mrs? Have we established that yet? Haha) That's a bummer, they definitely had the perfect opportunity. And now the season is over :(
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    bryantvb84 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Well then do something about it Mr. Shifty eyes! :wink: (or is it mrs? Have we established that yet? Haha) That's a bummer, the definitely had the perfect opportunity. And now the season is over :(

I do think Holiday stuff will make a return, but it's looking unlikely the Tie-ins will...which probably suits EA fine, as they might believe that more people will fork out for donuts for limited premiums if they think they will never return..
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    bryantvb84 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Well then do something about it Mr. Shifty eyes! :wink: (or is it mrs? Have we established that yet? Haha) That's a bummer, the definitely had the perfect opportunity. And now the season is over :(

I do think Holiday stuff will make a return, but it's looking unlikely the Tie-ins will...which probably suits EA fine, as they might believe that more people will fork out for donuts for limited premiums if they think they will never return..

Well I think more and more people are starting to see how EA works. It's definitely a smart way to get people to buy donuts just for those limited time premium items.
  • oracle019
    38 posts
    edited June 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    I have everything in the game, so makes no difference to me, but it's a bit unfair to Android users. They didnt miss out on the items, they were never given a chance to get them. Why should they miss out on things because EA was late in releasing the game on their platform?

Because some people are crybabies and would throw hissyfits if the Android users got treated fairly.
  • oracle019
    38 posts
    edited June 2013
    I think that re-releasing the content is fine and I have all the premium items.

If someone can explain how a new player gaining access to limited content ruins the game experience for a player that already has that content I'd love to hear it.

Honestly, what difference does it make if people you probably don't know can get Kang or the Mapple Store in late 2013? Is your game experience based that much on feeling superior to other players that just got on board?

"If Android users got treated fairly and got access to the same Limited Edition items, how would people know we played the game before they even got the chance to?"
  • sexyrobotface
    41 posts
    edited June 2013
    I feel so torn in this debate!

For one thing, I started playing this game when It first came out for iOS. I had everything and got everything I could, like a true addict. And then of course lalala fate would have it everything got deleted. I was sad so I kind of sad "screw it" and stopped playing. Then I got an Android phone (if anyone asks, I like it MUCH better), and only by chance found that the game was now available and I started again last March! (man I can not keep up in this game now, I never have any money for anything, my town looks like crap because I can't afford more land and decorations wait where am I going with this...)

I was excited to play it again but I lost everything that I had before, like the Christmas and Halloween stuff, so obviously I want EA to bring some stuff back. I miss my Santa's Little Helper :(

Now, the other part of me thinks that yes, limited time stuff should be limited. That's just what they are. Despite the fact I really want the Mapple store! It sucks to miss out on stuff but there will always be more to come!
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited June 2013
    I feel so torn in this debate!

For one thing, I started playing this game when It first came out for iOS. I had everything and got everything I could, like a true addict. And then of course lalala fate would have it everything got deleted. I was sad so I kind of sad "screw it" and stopped playing. Then I got an Android phone (if anyone asks, I like it MUCH better), and only by chance found that the game was now available and I started again last March! (man I can not keep up in this game now, I never have any money for anything, my town looks like crap because I can't afford more land and decorations wait where am I going with this...)

I was excited to play it again but I lost everything that I had before, like the Christmas and Halloween stuff, so obviously I want EA to bring some stuff back. I miss my Santa's Little Helper :(

Now, the other part of me thinks that yes, limited time stuff should be limited. That's just what they are. Despite the fact I really want the Mapple store! It sucks to miss out on stuff but there will always be more to come!

Just keep on trudging along.....money will flow faster in time, as well new (and likely returning) items..... :mrgreen:
  • sexyrobotface
    41 posts
    edited June 2013
    Oh yes I'm trying to! I play all the time... I'm kind of unemployed ATM. I just feel ashamed because housefarming is such a taboo here but I feel like it's the only way I can do it. It's not like a huge one, but I have some of it going on. Land is so expensive!

My Springfield will be beautiful one day but not anytime soon!
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't want them back, we played first, we got the items, it shows we were early players. Just because 1/2 of you don't have one of the items you want it back because you want to have everything.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited June 2013
    Something can be released more than once and still be "limited time"
  • edited June 2013
    I got wrong idea about the whack boxes, I though we could place them in towns so visitors could open to win stuff. Lol
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I got wrong idea about the whack boxes, I though we could place them in towns so visitors could open to win stuff. Lol

Emoticon38.gif

That would have been a good idea tho :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited June 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Just because 1/2 of you don't have one of the items you want it back because you want to have everything.

So? What's wrong with that? That's easy for you to say because you do have everything that's been released thus far. Nothing wrong with the newer players such as myself wanting to have the awesome stuff that the veteran players have.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited June 2013
    I would be really annoyed if they brought back any of the limited stuff. I started way back when and i dont think people who started after events should get said event items.

Also i realy dont want to have the same things happen over christmas Halloween etc. Everyone has seen how deflated everyone was after every limited time update. if you have done everything before and have the buildings then what will you get as a reward for participating from basically day one.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    While I've been playing since August and have all the LT items and alternate costumes, I have no problem with the rereleasing stuff for newer players to obtain. In fact I'd encourage it. If EA wants to charge donuts for previously released free items (Duff Racer, Holiday items) so those who got that originally don't feel sleighted, that's fine, though I personally would like to see everyone given the same opportunities to obtain LT stuff no matter how late they started playing. The holiday LT stuff should be released, possibly as donut purchases, around those specific holidays, in addition to some new buildings items for the long term players to get something new. Ideally I'd like to see all the episode specific LT stuff released again as well, maybe before Season 25 starts in the Fall. Again, they can charge donuts for the items previously released for free, so those of us who have those items as well as a ridiculous air of elitism and superiority for having them can feel some reprieve at having gotten them for free.

But seriously, it's a mobile video game. If you're seriously measuring any aspect of your self worth based on having an in game item that another player can no longer get, you need to speak with a professional.

Also, as said, by not allowing these items to be rereleased at some point, it promotes or encourages less honest players to go the hack route. It makes perfect financial sense for EA to release them for profit instead of losing out that potential income to hacking. Also, for completists like myself, it may even deter some people from playing or continuing to play knowing they're missing out on some items.

So again, it really comes down to the argument of "I've been playing longer than you so I deserve stuff you can't get", which is absolutely ridiculous and quite childish, versus a way for EA to make more money (not that they need it but its the name of the game) and continue to expand their player and customer base by occasionally releasing older limited time items. Limited time is defined as being available for a limited amount of time, not available for only ONE spam of limited time and never again. As long as it doesn't becomes a regularly purchasable item through cash or donuts its living up to that definition.
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited June 2013
    idk why you would put status in an item.

-99% of people arent going to visit your town because they arent your friends.
    -probably 60% of your friends list doesnt visit you because who cares, its $45
    -limited time items never work because being unable to get something makes completionists bored and they go to a new game.

put every item that was Limited Edition up to this date in the mystery boxes on 0.01% (for big buildings and characters) to 1.5% (for valentines bushes and trees) chance to obtain.

problem solved.

The only item that should remain unavailable is the Mapple store because duh...android. Maybe the Duff Racer because it was given out to those who were around at launch or whatever.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I wasn't going to post in here as I can see there are very mixed views so im going to throw in my 2pence (2cents) :P

My view is quite simple:

If EA bring back the limited or older stuff which newer players don't have yet....that's fine providing they are premium based!

My reason for this is cause the people who got them when they were released had to work hard to get them, example: whacking day, xmas with the coins, Halloween etc.

My other reason is even more simple:

Imagine if you was locked out of the game and missed out on the limited stuff? You would want to have them too? I know I would :) Id hate to miss out on anything, lucky for me I have been playing since day1 and have everything but that being said I know how people would feel as I almost missed out on whacking day due to losing my town :(

Edit: Anyway that just my opinion please don't hate me for it Emoticon38.gif

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.