EA Forums - Banner

Debate--bring back limited time items

Replies

  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited June 2013
    @Excruciator69: Unless you are being "ironical", I think you misjudged something in one of the posts. I actually think that dcadamb is addressing ICE_GRYLLZ with his praise of good debating. Now given that ICE_GRYLLZ addresses and quotes the wrong people, I can't possibly understand his praise. Even his arguments are mostly bad, in my opinion. Anyway, you -> Excruciator69 rightly deserves praise for good debating skills. You make valid points of which I wholeheartedly agree on. And you really found your arguements on a solid base. Even if I were to disagree with your points, which I don't, you bring forth your points in a very good and convincing manner.

    Not being ironic. I clearly misunderstood which comment was directed at whom. Still, bad reason is bad reason.

    Thanks for the kudos, not only to you but others that have said they like the "cut of my jib." I'll try to keep up the impression. ;)
  • Tedwise27
    59 posts
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I was wondering about the "good debater" too. When you aren't reading carefully you can see why that interpretation would appeal intuitively. Excruciator made a lot of sense and, in contrast, most of what Icy said was nonsensical.

    Not only would I say that Icy is a terrible debater... it is probably a misuse of language to even say he/she was engaged in debate. In debate people present opposing arguments. Icy was engaged in opinion ridicule, but didn't really present an argument. In either case (if one could call that an argument) it clearly wasn't in opposition to anything Excruciator said except in the most basic sense.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited June 2013
    This debate or discussion got quite heated, but nothing too harsh from either side. Anyway, in the end, we will only need to see what EA does about this whole matter. I believe that they will rerelease alot of older limited premium items, as they do recognize the salespotential.

    If for some reason, any long term player feel like quitting because other players would be able to get items you thought were gone for good, I guess those precious few are someone EA can afford to loose. Those players have most probably either spent most of the money they are willing to spend, or playing mostly free. As I believe those who really has invested alot into this game, won't quit anyway. This means that EA would actually gain alot more money on rereleasing previous items again, which new players will buy, instead of a meager possible loss on older players not buying a few of the new content items...
  • Wildcard2500
    70 posts
    edited June 2013
    They're called LIMITED TIME ITEMS. Keep them that way.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited June 2013
    They're called LIMITED TIME ITEMS. Keep them that way.

    So you probably didn't bother reading this thread before answering to it... Therefore I won't bother rephrasing arguments already raised. Instead take a look at this:
    mjr1124= wrote:
    An item can be available once for a short time, then be available once more for a short time and still be considered "limited"

    This:
    oracle019 wrote:
    Android players should have every opportunity to obtain every item Apple players were able to. It's not the Android players' fault EA royally screwed them over (especially during the Valentine's promotion where they did not have access to Origin), so why should they be punished?

    And this:
    I think that re-releasing the content is fine and I have all the premium items.

    If someone can explain how a new player gaining access to limited content ruins the game experience for a player that already has that content I'd love to hear it.

    Honestly, what difference does it make if people you probably don't know can get Kang or the Mapple Store in late 2013? Is your game experience based that much on feeling superior to other players that just got on board?

    Given Burning_TODI did say he believed that some or most of the holiday items would probably be brought back in the equivalent holidays. And I agree with him in this. EA would make money on it, so they probably will bring it back eventually... Now I would hope to get a chance to buy some episode tie-ins as well, but I don't think I'll get the chance to do that though...
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    jaytay777 wrote:
    Making everything available all the time would render the game meaningless. Why play today (or more importantly from ea perspective buy donuts today) if you can do it later when you might have more time or money? Some missed out but you didn't put in the tapping time that we did either. Truthfully if there weren't limited time updates I think I would take a few months off. Been tapping way too long.

    No ones saying bring them back full time, that'd go against the very definition of what Limited Time means. They're just saying bring them back at some point or occasionally, for limited amounts if time, hence repeating some of the previous holiday items around the holidays for donuts, along with new stuff for free and/or donuts (through Whacking Day type events) for those who already have the old stuff to work towards.

    Once again, Limited Time is not the same as One Time Only. And I say that as someone who has everything.
    dominic115 wrote:
    I don't want them back, we played first, we got the items, it shows we were early players. Just because 1/2 of you don't have one of the items you want it back because you want to have everything.

    Every argument against re-releasing limited time stuff is a different permutation of the above. All of them boil down to the same thing: a warped sense of superiority and a pathetic means of enforcing self-worth. Nobody cares if you were an early player. You know you were an early player. Is that not good enough?

    Thus far, nobody really has an authentic argument against re-releasing old content in some form.

    It really seems that having renewing opportunity to obtain older items and a hope for new players to eventually have all the cool stuff they see in other people's Springfields far outweighs the non-existent benefits of massaging the ego of dominic115 and those like him. If I was EA I would be very interested in making sure newer players that decide to be completionists would have opportunities to obtain old stuff and get close to 100%.

    Spirit of inclusion > "I Was Here First" Vigorous Ego Stroking

    It you would quit the game because new players could get a chance to have the Duff Racer or Moe's Suit and you'd lose precious inches in the unzip-and-measure contest I highly recommend putting down the iPad and reassessing the point of games like this one. Games that don't have winners and losers. You'd don't win if you have Cool Brown House and some guy from Ohio who just saved up enough to buy a new device and started playing TSTO does not and never will. I know it feels like you're better than them but in reality you are anything but.

    (I have every item so it's not that I am advocating limited time items returning for my Springfield.)

    How about releasing episode specific content that was free for season 24 with a code included in the purchase of the DVD's or Blu-Rays?

    Thank you! I just fell in love with you in a totally non-romantic or sexual way, sort of how one would love a sports team or favorite TV show. Awesome and well worded post. Please, have this entire plate of cookies. :)
    ICE_GRYLLZ wrote:
    The only item that should remain unavailable is the Mapple store because duh...android. Maybe the Duff Racer because it was given out to those who were around at launch or whatever.

    So you think the Duff Racer shouldent be given to anyone but the holiday items should?!? It's kind of damaging for all the arguments for bringing them back. "given out to those who were around at launch or whatever" is basically the same as saying given out to those who were around at Halloween or whatever.

    I dont realy agree with the EA making money so it makes sense argument. It seams that people are rarely positive about ea, let alone care about them making money. You want them to make money of you because you want to buy all the limited stuff but you dont want them to make money buy charging excessively for donuts. So this argument to mee seems pretty hypocritical.
    Every argument against re-releasing limited time stuff is a different permutation of the above. All of them boil down to the same thing: a warped sense of superiority and a pathetic means of enforcing self-worth.
    Whats wrong with keeping limited time items limited time? I bought all the limited time stuff at Halloween thinking it was going to be limited time. i would want my money back because i dont really believe items year on year are limited as they could then come up infinite amount of times.
    vixoovee wrote:
    Plus, it's no secret that there are hacks that bring back the old and/or premium stuff, so having these items don't guarantee loyalty to the game at all.

    Since I started playing around Valentine's I'd love to have some Halloween stuff + the cute leprachaun (that I regret I didn't get) and certainly wouldn't mind if EA brings back limited items released after my time playing TSTO.

    Yeh there might be hacks but people prepared to buy donuts to get any premium items generally have integrity and wont hack and surely EA can detect that kind of behaviour or will be able to soon.

    Looking on this thread the majority of people who are arguing for the re release of the limited time items do so because they joined after the events happen and this;
    Every argument against re-releasing limited time stuff is a different permutation of the above. All of them boil down to the same thing: a warped sense of superiority and a pathetic means of enforcing self-worth.
    could quite easily be aimed at some one saying they should bring the items back.

    The events would be really boring if we just got offered up the same mechanics. I dont want to be tapping zombies, colecting santa coins, seeking love hearts and cracking snake sculls again. EA should come up with new things not re hashing old ones.

    Limited Time does not equate to One Time Only. If the items were released as One Time Only, then yes, your argument would have a leg to stand on. But occasionally re-releasing Limited Time items for limited amounts of time lives up to the definition of limited time, and allows those who missed out the opportunity to purchase those items for donuts (many of which you likely got for free so allow that to stroke your ego), and allow EA to likely increase income from the game further, which benefits us all as it promotes the idea to them that new content is a worthwhile and profitable effort. Seriously why are people having so much trouble with this?

    Again, I have every item, building, alternate costume, etc, premium, regular, and Limited time, and see no reason to prevent newer players from having that possibility. Also, while EA overall is a pretty shifty company, it doesn't mean we all don't want to see them profit, especially from this game, because as I said, it helps promote the games lifespan and regular releases of new content.
    Tedwise27 wrote:
    @ Ice... you are certainly a master debater (couldn't resist). Also, I am being completely sarcastic. Nothing you said addressed any of the points you actually quoted. Just because you quote someone and then say they are wrong doesn't mean that you are actually responding to their point. You can never have productive discourse if you just talk past someone. Nevertheless, I will try to actually respond to a couple things you said:

    First, I have a hard time taking seriously that you would want your money back because a limited time item came back annually. Why? Does it change the nature of the item? It's only worth it if it is gone soon? I can see why a person may change their order of priorities based on that knowledge, but saying you would not purchase an item if it stuck around... it just rings false to me.

    Second: Most of the people who complain that new items should be released on holidays instead start from a false premise: That re-releasing old content and releasing new content are mutually exclusive. Presumably developers could simply reintroduce old code at the same time they made new code with relatively little additional effort.

    Third and lastly: Your criticism that a "warped sense of superiority" is the driving force in both sides of the debate is simply ridiculous. In order for a warped sense of superiority to be the driving force, it has to result in your being distinguished in a some manner (hence superior). The argument that content should be made available for all is actually motivated by the completely antithetical motive to superiority - that all players should have equal opportunity regardless of when they started. This is not to say that the argument is correct, but it is clearly not motivated by the same thing... the arguments (aside from being about stuff) are opposite.

    The only thing you actually clarified in your entire post was your dire need for a spelling lesson.

    Bravo!
    They're called LIMITED TIME ITEMS. Keep them that way.

    Limited Time does not mean One Time Only. If they're re-released for a limited amount of time in the future, that doesn't negate their definition. Jesus the same argument keeps being used despite it being completely pointless.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Haven't gone through the whole thread, so this may have been brought up already.
    Some of you are against reintroducing limited time items as it should be a reward for those of you who have been here since day 1. Essentially you're saying that it's people's fault for not starting earlier. But really it's not fair, for example, all of the people like myself who play on Android. We never had access to them in the first place because we didn't have the game. I started playing a couple days after it came out on Android, but still missed out on all the pre-Android limited time releases.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Haven't gone through the whole thread, so this may have been brought up already.
    Some of you are against reintroducing limited time items as it should be a reward for those of you who have been here since day 1. Essentially you're saying that it's people's fault for not starting earlier. But really it's not fair, for example, all of the people like myself who play on Android. We never had access to them in the first place because we didn't have the game. I started playing a couple days after it came out on Android, but still missed out on all the pre-Android limited time releases.

    Agreed, besides the fact that even if you play on an iDevice, not knowing about it and downloading it immediately (or six months after its initial release since it was taken off the App Store for awhile and didn't start offering LT items until Sept I believe) should count against you or penalize you in the form of not having the opportunity to buy or obtain certain buildings, characters, costumes, or items, is crazy. No ones saying bring the LT stuff back full time, just for short periods occasionally, hopefully along with new content so everyone wins.
  • azchristopher
    239 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.

    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.
  • azchristopher
    239 posts
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.

    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.

    Wow. Struck a nerve with you two.

    This is a free game that releases an update or two a month to keep people playing and spending money. Fair has nothing to do with whether or not you get an item that you missed. If EA ever offers season content again it will be because they think they can make more money doing so.

    It's laughable to think that you are entitled to the content because it isn't fair that you didn't have an Apple product. So stomp your feet and attack me as a poster because gosh forbid I write that I find it funny to use the word fair in this argument.
  • ElfinPlague
    9 posts
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.



    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.

    Wow. Struck a nerve with you two.

    This is a free game that releases an update or two a month to keep people playing and spending money. Fair has nothing to do with whether or not you get an item that you missed. If EA ever offers season content again it will be because they think they can make more money doing so.

    It's laughable to think that you are entitled to the content because it isn't fair that you didn't have an Apple product. So stomp your feet and attack me as a poster because gosh forbid I write that I find it funny to use the word fair in this argument.

    Haha, it's funny that you make fun of them first and then act like the little victim when they respond intelligently. You're original quote was nothing more than a way for you to feel like you're better than everyone else. It's hilarious that you - someone typing on a computer/smartphone in the middle of the night mock them with the phrase 'first world problems'.

    As to this argument, it's idiotic. The same crap happens in games like WOW all the time. The ONLY reason not to re-release stuff is so that guys like the poster above and other people with a low self esteem/big ego can feel superior. And that is completely ****, as it's a game that makes a company lots of money. So who do you think they should cater to? The few of us who played from day one and have everything? Or all the people coming in new to the game after us, i.e. NEW CUSTOMERS. You know, the reason for having a business?

    I for one am all for it. Kang and Kodos are my favorite characters from the show, and Kang has some great and really fun quests (properly seasoning humans!). Everyone should be able to participate in that, because um, wait for it.... it's a game.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.

    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.

    Wow. Struck a nerve with you two.

    This is a free game that releases an update or two a month to keep people playing and spending money. Fair has nothing to do with whether or not you get an item that you missed. If EA ever offers season content again it will be because they think they can make more money doing so.

    It's laughable to think that you are entitled to the content because it isn't fair that you didn't have an Apple product. So stomp your feet and attack me as a poster because gosh forbid I write that I find it funny to use the word fair in this argument.

    Assumptions and presumptions. I already have everything, I enjoy the game and spend money on it to buy the donut items, and play regularly since last Aug or Sept, can't remember specifically, so have all the LT stuff down to the Duff Racer. I merely would like to see newer players afforded the same option at some point.

    And if you'd bother to read the previous pages (which I'm sure you're probably unable to do since you're spending so much time donating all your money), you'd see I recommend they bring back the Limited Time stuff occasionally, for limited amounts of time so as to live up to the name, and charge donuts for it as a means for EA to further profit from the game, since the demand for those items is certainly there. Is that illogical in any way? Customers get what they want (previously released LT items), EA gets what they want (money), where's the downside?
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.

    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.

    Wow. Struck a nerve with you two.

    This is a free game that releases an update or two a month to keep people playing and spending money. Fair has nothing to do with whether or not you get an item that you missed. If EA ever offers season content again it will be because they think they can make more money doing so.

    It's laughable to think that you are entitled to the content because it isn't fair that you didn't have an Apple product. So stomp your feet and attack me as a poster because gosh forbid I write that I find it funny to use the word fair in this argument.


    I really hate the phrase "first world problems" If you live in the first/developed world all your problems are first/developed world problems.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.



    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.

    Wow. Struck a nerve with you two.

    This is a free game that releases an update or two a month to keep people playing and spending money. Fair has nothing to do with whether or not you get an item that you missed. If EA ever offers season content again it will be because they think they can make more money doing so.

    It's laughable to think that you are entitled to the content because it isn't fair that you didn't have an Apple product. So stomp your feet and attack me as a poster because gosh forbid I write that I find it funny to use the word fair in this argument.

    Haha, it's funny that you make fun of them first and then act like the little victim when they respond intelligently. You're original quote was nothing more than a way for you to feel like you're better than everyone else. It's hilarious that you - someone typing on a computer/smartphone in the middle of the night mock them with the phrase 'first world problems'.

    As to this argument, it's idiotic. The same crap happens in games like WOW all the time. The ONLY reason not to re-release stuff is so that guys like the poster above and other people with a low self esteem/big ego can feel superior. And that is completely ****, as it's a game that makes a company lots of money. So who do you think they should cater to? The few of us who played from day one and have everything? Or all the people coming in new to the game after us, i.e. NEW CUSTOMERS. You know, the reason for having a business?

    I for one am all for it. Kang and Kodos are my favorite characters from the show, and Kang has some great and really fun quests (properly seasoning humans!). Everyone should be able to participate in that, because um, wait for it.... it's a game.

    Well said.

    I guess it's tough to realize for people like that when they're making douchey, "full of ****" comments when they're so busy being douchey and full of ****. Well, I guess we all have character flaws.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    I don't care whether or not items are released again. I do, however, find it funny to keep reading the word 'fair' in the arguments.

    First world problems.

    Seriously? The UNICEF forums are somewhere else. This board is for discussing a game based on The Simpsons. Or was your comment merely a thinly-veiled attempt at making yourself feel superior?

    I mean really, come on. There are much better ways to help non first-world problems than self-righteous comments like that.

    We are discussing issues played on want devices that is based on a tv show. Of course it's first world problems.
    I live in the first/developed world all my problems are first/developed world problems.

    "First world problem" slogan really annoys me.

    But if it makes the first poster (of this quoting) feel better I'll pick some random country to do my Kiva loan too.

    Wow. Struck a nerve with you two.

    This is a free game that releases an update or two a month to keep people playing and spending money. Fair has nothing to do with whether or not you get an item that you missed. If EA ever offers season content again it will be because they think they can make more money doing so.

    It's laughable to think that you are entitled to the content because it isn't fair that you didn't have an Apple product. So stomp your feet and attack me as a poster because gosh forbid I write that I find it funny to use the word fair in this argument.


    I really hate the phrase "first world problems" If you live in the first/developed world all your problems are first/developed world problems.

    No way, man, not when all your clothes are made out of hemp and, like, you have trouble donating your money to, like, y'know, charities and stuff, cuz you spent your paycheck from Cinnabon on LSD and Phish songs on iTunes. It's a drag, man.
  • Sanderholm1
    9 posts
    edited June 2013
    Limited time items are, wait for it ........ LIMITED TIME ITEMS. Sorry if you're new and missed it, that sucks, but that doesn't mean they should bring items back. That would defeat the purpose of those items.
    What about those of us who got hooked from the beginning but had to start over because our town got lost? I had to start a new account since I can't log in to my old one anymore. I can understand why they don't want me to buy Santas village in June, but why oh why can't I get the non-seasonal items like the Mapple store or the fort? My opinion is that these should be introduced back in the game but as premium items. That way those who want the items have to buy donuts to get them. Hence, EA makes money and everyone is happy.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited June 2013
    My comments are in green.
    Tedwise27 wrote:
    First, I have a hard time taking seriously that you would want your money back because a limited time item came back annually. Why? Does it change the nature of the item? It's only worth it if it is gone soon? I can see why a person may change their order of priorities based on that knowledge, but saying you would not purchase an item if it stuck around... it just rings false to me.

    Thats a bit harsh! i only bought donuts to get limited time items because if i hadn't i knew i wouldn't be able to get them again. It took me a very long time before i decided to buy non limited premium items (mostly from gill i might add). What im saying is i was rushed in to buying donuts to get the limited time items.

    Second: Most of the people who complain that new items should be released on holidays instead start from a false premise: That re-releasing old content and releasing new content are mutually exclusive. Presumably developers could simply reintroduce old code at the same time they made new code with relatively little additional effort.

    Yes obviously this is the case, that is basically how the hacks work i think. I dont really think that this point is relavant in the debate about wether to bring back limited time items or not, its purely a comment on how easy it would be to do so.

    Third and lastly: Your criticism that a "warped sense of superiority" is the driving force in both sides of the debate is simply ridiculous. In order for a warped sense of superiority to be the driving force, it has to result in your being distinguished in a some manner (hence superior). The argument that content should be made available for all is actually motivated by the completely antithetical motive to superiority - that all players should have equal opportunity regardless of when they started. This is not to say that the argument is correct, but it is clearly not motivated by the same thing... the arguments (aside from being about stuff) are opposite.

    Firstly lets get the whole quote that i was qwoting in a previous post!
    Every argument against re-releasing limited time stuff is a different permutation of the above. All of them boil down to the same thing: a warped sense of superiority and a pathetic means of enforcing self-worth.

    You may say that all players should have equal opportunity regardless of when they started." But generally it would seem that (for most anyway) they just want, no deserve the old cool items that they can no longer get. As i said in my previous post, that Quote "could quite easily be aimed at some one saying they should bring the items back."

    The only thing you actually clarified in your entire post was your dire need for a spelling lesson.
    Nice..
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    My view is that the limited items should be released again at some stage - maybe the the 24 Yard Sale limited items, but have a selection of limited items that can be obtained.
    Let's not try to be elitist, everyone should have a chance to enjoy the items offered, and besides if it was made as a sale then the older players would have an advantage as they received them for free.

    As for holiday items, agree with previous posts that they should be bought back at the equivalent holiday period with a mixture of old/new to give value to ALL players.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.